Broncos vs Storm [POST MATCH]

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
For all of those posting that IH should have played Ben Hunt, looking at his form in the U20's match, I don't know if he would have made one iota of difference. I think he would have been out of his depth.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
lynx000 said:
For all of those posting that IH should have played Ben Hunt, looking at his form in the U20's match, I don't know if he would have made one iota of difference. I think he would have been out of his depth.

We'll never know, so there's not really any point in speculating.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
lynx000 said:

We'll never know, so there's not really any point in speculating.

True. But Locky couldn't have played much worse. We weakened 2 positions. Hunt could've handled halfback better than Locky could handle halfback and five eighth.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
And now maybe Anonymous Person can finally realise that not "anyone" could've done the job that Shane Perry did for us in 2006. But that would require Anonymous Person to have knowledge about football - yeh it's beyond him.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Jeba said:
And now maybe Anonymous Person can finally realise that not "anyone" could've done the job that Shane Perry did for us in 2006. But that would require Anonymous Person to have knowledge about football - yeh it's beyond him.

For an admin you just love taking random swipes at posters don't you, he isn't even in the thread.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
The Gymp said:
Jeba said:

For an admin you just love taking random swipes at posters don't you, he isn't even in the thread.

Sorry I just can't help it :mrgreen:

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Well considering the new bullying rules, perhaps your should help it.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Oh come on. There's been a lot worse than that in the past that didn't draw a comment (not that they deserved to either).

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I am not complaining Nashy, I just enjoy the banter with Jeb on these types of things because like me he rarely gives an inch. It would be nice if he kept his jabs at opponents actually in the ring...

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
If the admins want to start getting the forum inline, the least they can do is show they run under the same rules.

It's all I'm saying mate.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
The Gymp said:
I am not complaining Nashy, I just enjoy the banter with Jeb on these types of things because like me he rarely gives an inch. It would be nice if he kept his jabs at opponents actually in the ring...

Lately I've been "keeping it in the ring" but AP is an exception. He and I have a bit of history there is all.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Fair enough no DQ but you lose a point for the round for the low blow.

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
By the time I got home last night I knew enough of the score to not bother watching. Haven't seen a minute of the game since and don't intend to. Would be a waste of time. All I know is that judging by the score and the comments on this site, the performance must have been a world away from what it has been the last 7 weeks, and I put it down to the occasional poor effort that most teams put in occasionally coming at a particularly bad time. But it happens, not much anyone can do about it. No doubt the absence of Wallace contributed, and it seems Ivan could have done a better job of covering for that. Whether that would have resulted in a win, who knows. But for what it's worth, I'm putting it down to an unlucky and ill-timed injury to a key player that we're not in a Grand Final.

It's certainly a credit to the team and the coach how they turned it around after the Canberra flogging. I still think questions have to be asked post-season in the cold hard light of day how we ever got into that slump in the first place. But to all the doomsayers saying that game is evidence that we don't have what it takes, I'll just point to the 2 defeats we handed to the Dragons and other performances in the 7 game winning streak to say the team can clearly perform a lot better than they did last night. Some of the comments about a lot of the team being young and inexperienced are right and no doubt that played a part last night. That raises the obvious question of how we lost Stagg, Ennis, Hannant, Boyd, Taylor and Hunt all within 2 years. Bruno needs to be deadset crucified for this. It is a needless position for the club to be in. But hopefully with the likes of Winterstein, Yow Yeh, Ben Hunt and Glenn coming through and continuing development of the mongrel factor of Sims, Clinton et al and the old heads of Lockyer, Hodges and Thaiday to keep guiding them all for the next couple of years, there's every reason to be optimistic about the future IMO. It's still a pity we don't have Bennett any more to be the X factor that always attracted players and made them willing to play at the Broncos for less money than elsewhere for the chance to be in a winning team under a unique genius of a coach. Ivan has done pretty well for a 1st year coach, especially turning around the slump. Time will tell if he's able to be the great coach we need in the future. I hope he learns a lot from last night for a start.

Finally, my complete and utter contempt for the Melbourne Scum continues to grow and grow. It would have almost been OK last night if it was against almost any other team. The hate was so intense last year that I was actually reasonably happy to see Manly win a Grand Final, if only to see Melbourne lose. Amazing! Now we have so sweetly avenged years of BS results against the Dragons by beating them twice and ending their season, I'd say there is no team I want the Broncos to completely smash and humiliate more next time than Melbourne. Their farking wrestling, their grappling, their all-round cheating and their complete tosser of a coach, that smug Bellyache - damn it will so make my day next time we beat them. Also on Billy Slater and his brilliance vs inconsistency, I can't stand how all his stuff-ups are in the games I most want him to play well in, like that memorable one in the World Cup for Australia and a few ordinary Origin performances, and the times he plays most brilliantly are always for the Melbourne Scum against us. So sh!ts me!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
How long will we have to wait for the Broncos to put 40 on Melbourne... It really $hits me that the Storm smash us twice a year. Henjak should get to work on our defensive structure for 2010 so we can bury the Storm. Time after time it seems we walk out against the Storm already prepared to lose and leak points. Next time the Broncos play the Storm I want blood on the hands of Kenny and co.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Well, didn't Melbourne make me look like a fool with my scathing comments about how much the Storm players sucked - I feel quite stupid. However, weren't Melbourne clinical.

Went to the leagues club to watch it tonight and geez, do you know what was the worst thing about it, that fcuking Melbourne supporters went as well and carried on like pork chops - how fcuking pathetic do you have to be to go a team's league club just to piss everyone off - what a horribly empty and hollow life - lucky for them this was Brisbane and not Cronulla or Parramatta, where they would have been killed and their bodies buried under the training paddock.

The game was depressing - damn Melbourne was amazing, they certainly saved their performance of the year for us, like the usually do - I don't know what state I would be in had last weekend against the Dragons been so enjoyable. There were obvious problems with our line up and attitude, which I hate, but what can we do>

Not a bad year in retrospect, its a worry about next year, without Hunt, who I don't think he has put in nearly what he should have toward the end of the year, but that's my opinion and he only has to justify his actions to himself when he tried to sleep at night. However, the villain of the night had to Bellamy - fcuk I hate him so much - he is so goddamn arrogant, even if you are that good, you act with a bit of fcuking humility - but that's that. At least he's not our coach.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Which Broncos players will be announced in the Australian Squad? Certainties - Lockyer, Hodges, Falou, Thaiday. I reckon Kenny, Sims, Parker & Taylor are all a chance aswell. Obviously if Hunt weren't going to AFL he'd be selected and if Wallace wasn't injured he'd surely be a chance.

Unread

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.