Broncos vs Storm [POST MATCH]

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I'd say the 8 you mentioned are likely to get into the train on squad. However, I think only the 4 certainties will make the final squad.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
guppy said:
I stick by my theory that the Broncos (and the Maroons) win games where they kick off to start the match. They seem to stamp their authority in defense when they do that. When we receive the ball we seem to struggle from the start.

I could be talking total shit as I doubt there are stats to back me up, but it's a trend that I've noticed over the past few years.

watching last nite, i kinda agree. I was thinking to myself before kickoff, "cant wait to see how hard sims and kenny hit the first runner from the kick off" and then we ended up getting the ball first and the first time they got it, slater was threatening a break.
I agree Guppy, I had it pointed out to me a while back and have noticed the trend. As soon as we hit the ball up first I realised we were done for.

What a shame.

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Would have loved to have seen Locky catch it and kick it straight back over their heads downfield and then smash them

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
I thought it was a pretty smart tactic from Bellamy that their first set of 6 consisted only of dummy half or switch runs by their backs.

Our forward didn't know what to do, they were all too slippery to come out and line up for a shot and they had has on the back foot from there on in.

F

forward_pass

QCup Player
Mar 12, 2008
Did the refs have a crush on Corey or was he genuinely off side the entire game?

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Just with regard to Folau....he's coming off a serious injury and even though he's young and a ready healer I think it a little premature to comment that he is not worth the money.....It well maybe that we'll think him cheap this time next year with some extra time for complete healing. Darren Lockyer springs to mind...

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Lockyer first played in 1997? or 1998? I can't remember.

He's earned his money.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Round 13 vs Parramatta at Parramatta Stadium, 25 Jun 1995

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Never in it unfortunately. I blame myself for jetting down for the game. Never mind - I'll see us beat Melbourne in Melbourne one day.

Hate the Storm supporters but have to hand it to their footy team. They are one well trained side and they'll win the comp. They were berated on here last week and have therefore left a lot of people with egg on their faces.

Slater's try was right in front of us - just awesome.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Astroboy said:
. Also on Billy Slater and his brilliance vs inconsistency, I can't stand how all his stuff-ups are in the games I most want him to play well in, like that memorable one in the World Cup for Australia and a few ordinary Origin performances, and the times he plays most brilliantly are always for the Melbourne Scum against us. So sh!ts me!

I have to agree with this one - Plenty of QLD games where I have wanted him to come up with something like what he produced on sat night!

He always seems to carve us - but like I said... our inside defense and ruck area is where he loves to have a sniff then he goes out wide and runs around... sigh.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
lockyer47 said:
Astroboy said:
. Also on Billy Slater and his brilliance vs inconsistency, I can't stand how all his stuff-ups are in the games I most want him to play well in, like that memorable one in the World Cup for Australia and a few ordinary Origin performances, and the times he plays most brilliantly are always for the Melbourne Scum against us. So sh!ts me!

I have to agree with this one - Plenty of QLD games where I have wanted him to come up with something like what he produced on sat night!

He always seems to carve us - but like I said... our inside defense and ruck area is where he loves to have a sniff then he goes out wide and runs around... sigh.

I'd say as long as Craig Bellend is coaching NSW they will have a better chance of successfully shutting down Slater as they have done in the past couple of series.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
What are you talking about? Slater doesn't have brain explosions or melt under pressure...

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I've heard Slaters shit is pure white and doesn't smell at all.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Scotty - I think Bellamy will go one more but will stand down after another loss...

Active Now

• Dash
  • Jedhead
  • Bucking Beads
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • davidp
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncsgoat
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.