Broncos vs Tigers - live scores here

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Not so far??? He is the on field leader whenever Locky isn't there and is still very vocal when Locky is there.

Apart from Locky and Wallace, Hunt is our most important back. Hell, with Locky in his twilight, there's argument that hunt is our 2nd most important back.

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
rnabokov said:
We have no real leadership. And Bennett - yeah yeah, the myth is well earned in years gone by, seems not to be helping.

I repeat my earlier view - without the real and genuine leadership that Lockyer provides, we are a mere shadow of what we could be, although Hunt did try a bit last night, but he's no Lockyer, as far as leadership and organization are concerned.

And I will admit that Wallace will also make a big difference, but it's Lockyer who's the key to any chance we have of making the 8 this year.

Disagree. Yes, we're a much better team with Lockyer on the park. He provides the X-factor to pull off miracle plays.

Surely, however, you'd have to agree that Locky not being there has simply not been the sole reason behind our recent form slump! Marsh, Ennis, Wallace, Hodges, Hunt have all been out through injury/suspension and SOO has reamed us.

If we were at full strength aside from Lockyer, we can beat any other team in the comp.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
mick! said:
rnabokov said:
We have no real leadership. And Bennett - yeah yeah, the myth is well earned in years gone by, seems not to be helping.

I repeat my earlier view - without the real and genuine leadership that Lockyer provides, we are a mere shadow of what we could be, although Hunt did try a bit last night, but he's no Lockyer, as far as leadership and organization are concerned.

And I will admit that Wallace will also make a big difference, but it's Lockyer who's the key to any chance we have of making the 8 this year.

Disagree. Yes, we're a much better team with Lockyer on the park. He provides the X-factor to pull off miracle plays.

Surely, however, you'd have to agree that Locky not being there has simply not been the sole reason behind our recent form slump! Marsh, Ennis, Wallace, Hodges, Hunt have all been out through injury/suspension and SOO has reamed us.

If we were at full strength aside from Lockyer, we can beat any other team in the comp.

I can't fully agree Mick!

It's not just the X-factor miracle plays that Locky provides - it's his leadership and overall reading of the play - which makes him such a champion player.

Yeah - we've been crippled with injuries and idiotic suspensions (hodges, who should be disciplined for his stupdity) but still, even with Ennis and Marsh on the field, we did so poorly last night.

As for Ennis - I retract most of my raves about him earlier - he's an egomaniac with few leadership skills and has far too poor judgement in reading the play.

Marsh? A little bit above average. Competent, but ... last night, for much of the time he was on the field, I didn't even know he was there!

Sure - I hope Wallace makes a big difference when he's back. But without Locky calling the shots, I still maintain we're nowhere near the team we can be.

As for Hunt - all his shouting and carrying on did zilch last night. Against an under-strength Tigers, we were ordinary to say the least.

We may have won a lot of games earlier this year, but now, the top teams are gelling and getting stronger.

Without real leadership, we will be in for a hard time IMO.

C

Chumba

NYC Player
Mar 29, 2008
When you have no game plan the X factor is vital, no matter who supplies it. The WB coached broncos have lived on X factor for years and while WB gets the credit it has been that X factor that has won us so many games and eraised any doubts or short commings the coach may have. I'vr said it a million times, from Lewis through to Lockyer it has been the same and the test will be if Henjack can coach a team to play or just coach a team to live and die on X factor supplied by I guess one of the next generation in Hunt, hodges, falou or wallace. If they are coached to play as a team and play to a plan then those player will enjoy great sucess, if they stick to the currant formula those players will supply similar results as the currant squad; which is pretty much dismal. We have no game plan and no structure, we're riddled with errors and mistakes, we never offload, never wrap up the ball player and will continue to struggle. It's sad but true.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Frank the Tank said:
rnabokov said:
We may have won a lot of games earlier this year, but now, the top teams are gelling and getting stronger.
this has been the same ever since 2002 or so - we start out going well, get to the top of the ladder, then when the other teams hit their straps around the 2/3 of the way through the season mark we just get left behind.

and as you said - for all the talk Hunt does, and by god he does a lot (thats a good thing before you girls go having a whinge at me [icon_wink ), a real leader like Darren Lockyer/Thurston/Smith/etc lead by example with their actions, not just their words. thats what Hunt doesnt do - sure he can talk the talk, but hes yet to walk the walk as a leader.

Teams need organisers though. Someone to tell the forwards where to go. That's what Lockyer usually does. Oops, he is injured. Wallace can do it, oh wait no he can't. Oh well Perry is crap but he is good at barking orders at forwards. Hang on he's not there either. Joel Moon wouldn't talk his way out of a paper bag and we didn't even have a halfback the other night. So it was Karmichael Hunt's job!!!!! Frank you need to think outside the square.

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
why is every1 complaining about their performance. We dont have the greatest player in the team, the next big thing halfback is out and the no. 1 centre is out for a while. Winning games wthout them to me is a bonus.

Bring on all the top teams when we have a full strength team.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Frank the Tank said:
Jebadude said:
[quote="Frank the Tank":26cftoyi]
for all the talk Hunt does, and by god he does a lot (thats a good thing before you girls go having a whinge at me [icon_wink )

Teams need organisers though. Someone to tell the forwards where to go. That's what Lockyer usually does. Oops, he is injured. Wallace can do it, oh wait no he can't. Oh well Perry is crap but he is good at barking orders at forwards. Hang on he's not there either. Joel Moon wouldn't talk his way out of a paper bag and we didn't even have a halfback the other night. So it was Karmichael Hunt's job!!!!! Frank you need to think outside the square.
can you not read Jebadude? eusa_think

whatd i say in the highlighted bit.....?[/quote:26cftoyi]

I know you said that but you also said he needed to walk the walk. Was just pointing out that Friday night was a game where he needed to talk the talk.

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
The Rock said:
I think I agree a bit with rna. Some people don't realise how important Lockyer is on the field. Even if the bloke walks on and doesn't touch the ball, even if he is water boy - he has a massive influence on how the team performs.

I don't' think any players out there on Friday night would have DARED to play like that with Lockyer in the team. The players seem to have too much respect and admire for Lockyer to let their captain down like that and I am sure if Lockyer was on the field he'd be barking orders all night. That's how I see it anyway.

I don't recall a game that we played so crap with so little enthusiasm where Lockyer has been in the team. I seriously don't.

I would say the game against the Tigers in week 2 of the 2005 finals series was the last time Shauny!

We were absolutely horrible that day, Tigers were awesome and look what they ended up doing, they won the comp.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
rnabokov said:
mick! said:
rnabokov said:

I can't fully agree Mick!

It's not just the X-factor miracle plays that Locky provides - it's his leadership and overall reading of the play - which makes him such a champion player.

Yeah - we've been crippled with injuries and idiotic suspensions (hodges, who should be disciplined for his stupdity) but still, even with Ennis and Marsh on the field, we did so poorly last night.

As for Ennis - I retract most of my raves about him earlier - he's an egomaniac with few leadership skills and has far too poor judgement in reading the play.

Marsh? A little bit above average. Competent, but ... last night, for much of the time he was on the field, I didn't even know he was there!

Sure - I hope Wallace makes a big difference when he's back. But without Locky calling the shots, I still maintain we're nowhere near the team we can be.

As for Hunt - all his shouting and carrying on did zilch last night. Against an under-strength Tigers, we were ordinary to say the least.

Without real leadership, we will be in for a hard time IMO.

I agree, I've been saying this for a while now, Since about 2004 or so, more than half the games we have won, have been because Lockyer was playing.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
so did any broncos fans have heart attacks? argh. They did everything to give the tigers the points. So stressful. I was a bundle of nerves, i thought ennis was the best on park and we wouldn't have won without stagg tbh. he was the only one tackling in the first half! Argh.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
BTW how attrocious was the commentating by Sterlo and and Lozza!!! I would rather have Gus any day of the week. Shockingly.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Broncs1459
  • mitch222
  • Bucking Beads
  • Aldo
  • BroncosAlways
  • teampjta
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BooKhaki
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.