Broncos Vs. Tigers - Match Thread

The most frustrating ones though was the Knights, Panthers and Tigers.
They are the ones where we could of easily won had we had a thing or two go our way.

Jeba said:
user_nat said:
ningnangnong said:
What really pisses me off, is that we lost against both the Panthers and Tigers when we really should have won, and won by plenty.
We also should have beat Raiders, Warriors, Roosters, Bulldogs and Knights. Certainly should have beat them more than the teams placed 2nd and 3rd.

Pretty sure ning was saying that we were in positions to win the games against Penrith and Tigers but ended up getting done.

Yep, it's a matter of 'what if' now, but geez, we'd be so much better off!

broncospwn said:
The most frustrating ones though was the Knights, Panthers and Tigers.
They are the ones where we could of easily won had we had a thing or two go our way.

The games leading up to the Tigers match were lead ups as far as I am concerned. They were all preparations for the back-end of the season - establishing our credentials, getting it together. Our losses were our gains.

The Tigers match was incredibly frustrating, because IMO it was the first game where we more or less had it together enough to win even without L, T, F and H, and our defence and enthusiasm was what made the Tigers look bad.

When Origin is over, I really can't see us losing more than a few. In fact, if we keep that defensive structure and passion, then with the stars coming back, whoa!

And in my view the Dragoons are so beatable because, like last year, they are largely predictable, only they're executing so much better this year. The Broncos on the other hand having enough potential variety in attack and game-breakers that there is no reason - luck and injuries aside, why we can't at least get to the GF.

Now, as I was saying about Wallace ... [icon_pray.

Honestly atm i think the Panthers are the most "dangarous" team in the comp. They are so unpredictable and have game breakers all over the park. Their foward pack is huge and mobile and when they are on they are very Hot.

The dragons are by far the most consistant team but like most people have said you know what you are going to get with the dragons. They do the basics rite and complete sets. They strangle you and frustrate you out of the game.

Not being biest as a Broncos supporter but i would say that the Broncos would be more dangarous then the Dragons or Panthers if all three played to their potential on the day.

ATM though i would rate the comp favourites like this
1. Dragons
2. Panthers
3. Broncos

I really think its a three horse race this year. If the Broncos play to there full potential come finals time we will be in with a good chance to win our seventh premiership!!!!!!

Donny said:
Honestly atm i think the Panthers are the most "dangarous" team in the comp. They are so unpredictable and have game breakers all over the park. Their foward pack is huge and mobile and when they are on they are very Hot.

Serious? Other than against Manly, their attack has been pretty bland IMO. Get to five and then give it to Luke Walsh to kick.

I think they're absolute pretenders and no chance of the premiership.

Yeah, I can't see Penriff winning unless they fluke it. Dragons should win it, but there's always that chance that they'll choke again. Don't think we have much of a chance either to be honest, I think if the going gets tough during the finals, the inexperience will show.

Actually, I guess no team stands a chance of winning. :shock:
Just shows how far the competition has sunk.

Alec said:
Yeah, I can't see Penriff winning unless they fluke it. Dragons should win it, but there's always that chance that they'll choke again. Don't think we have much of a chance either to be honest, I think if the going gets tough during the finals, the inexperience will show.

Exactly! This competition is the worst I can remember.

That said, it means there's 14 weeks now for a team to take this competition by the balls. Penrith COULD do it. Tigers COULD do it. Titans COULD do it. Broncos COULD do it. Hell, even Warriors are darkhorses IMO.

At the moment the only team showing premiership credentials is the Dragons.

All it takes is a team hitting form at the right time.
I agree though, pretty average competition this year. So many low quality games and very few teams that actually look likely to win it.

Alec said:

Exactly what i mean. The Panthers have looked ordinary all year IMO until last week. They blew Manly off the park. You just proved my point, they are unpredictable and nobody knows how they will play. IMO the best win by any team this year by the Panthers last week.

Coxy it doesnt matter what their tactic is for scoring points. It works doesnt it? If it was such a bad tactic then it wouldnt work. They play to their strength's which is what any team should do! If it was so predictable then teams would stop the tries from kicks. I think its a great tactic. Beats kicking the ball along the ground to the fullback. Why not have your fullback jump for the ball in a 50/50 contest and hopefully come down with it. If it doesnt come off then the worst that can happen is Coote doesnt catch the ball and tackles the fullback.

The Broncos really only have the one play in attack and it works. IMO dont change what works!!

Frustrating game, with Wallace, Hunt, Norman and Macca all equally to blame for poor performing attack. We can't expect too much without our 3 high performing stars though. We didn't deserve to win this game, but I though Tigers deserved it even less. We should be able to take the win next week against Bye, who throughout the years have always underperformed. We're on a winning streak against them at the moment aren't we?

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Griffo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.