Broncos Vs. Tigers - Match Thread

Where was Yow Yeh, when the Tigers scored the match winner?? He wasn't on his wing that is for sure. It was a brave effort last night. Nothing worse than losing a game in the 5 mins.

ethos said:
mr_camo said:
I know there is no point in arguing this now, but with the first kick off, i thought the tigers player took the ball with one foot in the field of play and then AFTER catching the ball put his back foot out. I thought it was obvious but it wasnt mentioned at all... Did anyone else see it?

Yes! I saw that too, totally forgot about it though. You're right, didn't hear peep out of the commentators and I thought it was pretty obvious on replay as well.

His foot just touched the ground before he caught the ball.

Bucking Beads said:
Where was Yow Yeh, when the Tigers scored the match winner?? He wasn't on his wing that is for sure. It was a brave effort last night. Nothing worse than losing a game in the 5 mins.

Yeah that happened in front of me and I saw it coming. Stupid Yow Yeh was focusing on the play in the middle when there was an overlap out on the wing. I should've yelled out louder to get Yow Yeh near the corner as it was heartbreaking to watch it a few metres in front of me. :-(

Yup, horrible communication from yow yeh, te'o and gillett. Pretty ordinary game from Yow Yeh last night, as was already mentioned.

I have serious reservations about Yow Yeh. It's all well and good for him to dominate against kids (U20s) but I'm not sure he is going to turn into the player many hope. He has hands like feet and IMO is just another 'athlete'. He has absolutely no football instincts or smarts at all. I've said all year that Winterstein and Kemp are our best options on the wing.

Alec said:
What do people have against Macca? He wasn't bad tonight, certainly has NOTHING to do with why we lost.

Didn't he not clean up a chip/grubber kick that lead to the tigers getting 6 more tackles, and ultimately the field position to win the game.

If he fields that kick, I think the Bronco win, but it should have never come down to that anyway. Broncos should have been ahead by 20 points with 5 mins to go, not 2.

mjc said:
Payten just threw the ball between his legs. It was a **** play the ball.

Troncs was doing the same all night though, so we can't really complain

OXY-351 said:
Alec said:
If he fields that kick, I think the Bronco win, but it should have never come down to that anyway. Broncos should have been ahead by 20 points with 5 mins to go, not 2.

Indeed we should have. Gillett dropped the ball when he would have powered over the line, Sims got held up and Parker was dragged down short. If we'd have scored just one of those times we probably would have won. Ah well.

It really is toubling that our attack falls to $hit 9 times out of 10 without Lockyer. Macca, Wallace and Norman are all equally to blame but I feel Wallace is the guy who needs to stand up and show some leadership without Lockyer. Macca is a protected species IMO, Hunt has been out playing him at hoooker.

The Rock said:
And his poor service from dummy half which jolted out attack. And his constant stupid dummys he throws that no one ever falls for. Or his scoots out of dummy half when the play was on to the left or the right.

In regards to his dummy's, to be fair, he has toned them down a bit from when he first came in to first grade. It was a joke back then. He seemed to do it EVERY time he got the ball. No one was falling for it cause they knew he'd do it.

You've got to remember he's only fairly young and inexperienced though, especially in first grade. Knowing the best option to take is only something that comes from experience in my opinion, and Macca doesn't have enough of that yet.

How people's opinions change, people were jizzing themselves over Macca a season or 2 ago lol. Geez you guys expect a lot of a player so early on in his career

OXY-351 said:
[quote="The Rock":3k3ilz6r]And his poor service from dummy half which jolted out attack. And his constant stupid dummys he throws that no one ever falls for. Or his scoots out of dummy half when the play was on to the left or the right.

In regards to his dummy's, to be fair, he has toned them down a bit from when he first came in to first grade. It was a joke back then. He seemed to do it EVERY time he got the ball. No one was falling for it cause they knew he'd do it.

You've got to remember he's only fairly young and inexperienced though, especially in first grade. Knowing the best option to take is only something that comes from experience in my opinion, and Macca doesn't have enough of that yet.

How people's opinions change, people were jizzing themselves over Macca a season or 2 ago lol. Geez you guys expect a lot of a player so early on in his career[/quote:3k3ilz6r]

Last season Macca played really well, This season after the injury he just doesn't have the same glow about him. I just hope it's cobwebs and he gets back to his best soon.

McCullough was better last night, that spilled chip kick skidded up off the wet turf, coulda happened to anyone, stop looking for someone to blame, they did their best in a game they apparently had no chance of winning.

Don't forget that our attack looked horrible with Lockyer a few times this year. Vs Raiders, Roosters and most of the game against Knights. We looked clueless and Lockyer was playing.

Coxy said:
Gingerballs said:
So nevermind that Norman was equally poor, just drop Wallace because it's a surefire way for him to pick up his form. I like it...

Wallace was the senior player. What did you expect Norman to do?
Struggle, because it's his first year in first grade.

I was pointing out how you shouldn't drop your halfback unless you have a better candidate waiting, unless of course you believe that dropping Wallace is the cure for all of his problems.

Wallaces game is based around complementing Locky, he allows Locky to do what he does and without Wal we struggle just as much to score points.

I agree with the last comment by nopatience. People do have short memories. Wallace carved St George up in that semi-final last year, and look what happened the week after when he was not there against Melbourne. We had zero in attack, even with Lockyer there. His form is not great at the moment, and some of the criticisms made in this thread are warranted, but I am not prepared to give up on him yet.

I'm not giving up on Wallace either. It's his inconsistency that bothers me. He does some great things then becomes boringly predictable especially with his sideways shuffles at -10 kph, and then goes to sleep, looks lost and bored. Seriously, the look on his face seems to suggest he'd rather be at the pub

rnabokov said:
I'm not giving up on Wallace either. It's his inconsistency that bothers me. He does some great things then becomes boringly predictable especially with his sideways shuffles at -10 kph, and then goes to sleep, looks lost and bored. Seriously, the look on his face seems to suggest he'd rather be at the pub

Definitely needs to find consistency. I second the earlier comment re his form late last year. He was slaughtering St George - the worst time to go down with an ankle...

I don't think he can take a game by the scruff of the neck but I think he's an important part of the side going forward and worth persisting with.

Active Now

• ell.d33
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Aldo
  • LittleDavey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • Scdeac
  • Waynesaurus
  • azza.79
  • Allo
  • Shane Tronc
  • I bleed Maroon
  • simplythebest
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Stix
  • Harry Sack
  • Gaz
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.