Broncos Vs. Tigers - Match Thread

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Alec said:
What do people have against Macca? He wasn't bad tonight, certainly has NOTHING to do with why we lost.

Hunt performs better than him regularly yet Macca is first choice hooker. I don't get it. [icon_shru

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
Alec said:
What do people have against Macca? He wasn't bad tonight, certainly has NOTHING to do with why we lost.

Hunt performs better than him regularly yet Macca is first choice hooker. I don't get it. [icon_shru

TBF Beads, I don't think either of them is first choice at the moment, they both share the duties.

Still, I didn't see the need in bringing McCullough back on.

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
ethos said:
Before their last try, I'd like to see that play the ball from Payten again. It looked ordinary.

Thought about that myself, looked extremely dodgy.

Anyway, I'd rather lose 50-0, than lose like that.

Heartbreaking.

I'd like to catch a reply of it but they didn't show it. Very frustrated atm. It was a crap way to lose a crap game.

Gould was on the money in commentary, we had the enthusiasm as desire (no structure, however) and the Tigers were just going through the motions. They were worse than we were tonight - I can honestly say the Tigers didn't deserve to win.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Congratulations to Parker, he got man of the match!
He looks absolutely devastated though.

FARKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK we had an almost certain top 4 spot if we won that! FFS! I'm devo :(

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Bucking Beads said:
Alec said:

TBF Beads, I don't think either of them is first choice at the moment, they both share the duties.

Still, I didn't see the need in bringing McCullough back on.

Fair call, I just think Hunt needs more time. Infact I think Ivan needs to sort out his interchange a bit better. Sims gets taken off and sits on the bench for an hour which is a waste IMO.

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
Macca was probably brought on for the defense. Probably trying to hold onto the 2 points.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Wallace was the difference tonight. He gifted the Tigers a try in the first half and possession in the last 10 mins with that pathetic dropped ball...and then kick to the blind? Pfffft. Got the vision of a blind donkey.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
Fair call, I just think Hunt needs more time. Infact I think Ivan needs to sort out his interchange a bit better. Sims gets taken off and sits on the bench for an hour which is a waste IMO.

Oh, I definitely agree that Hunt needs more time.

We look much more fluent when he is on the field.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Also, maybe people will ease up on Nick Kenny a bit now?

He was very impressive tonight.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Coxy said:
Wallace was the difference tonight. He gifted the Tigers a try in the first half and possession in the last 10 mins with that pathetic dropped ball...and then kick to the blind? Pfffft. Got the vision of a blind donkey.

Wallace thought he was Lockyer tonight.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
ningnangnong said:

Tronc and Kenny both played awesome.

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
Coxy said:
Corey Parker also gifted them a try.. and he was MoTM.

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:

Second best forward after Parker IMO. Obviously still getting some fitness back after his pretty long stint on the sidelines but his workrate was better tonight. Put on a couple of big hits in the opening minutes as well.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
draggx said:
Coxy said:

Wallace thought he was Lockyer tonight.

Thanks to a bout of concussion [icon_lol1.

He didn't have a good game at all, but he wasn't the reason we lost tonight

M

mr_camo

Sep 26, 2008
I know there is no point in arguing this now, but with the first kick off, i thought the tigers player took the ball with one foot in the field of play and then AFTER catching the ball put his back foot out. I thought it was obvious but it wasnt mentioned at all... Did anyone else see it?

P

Prime

May 14, 2010
Gutted with the result, but at the same time proud of the boys for their effort tonight.

We really stuck it to a near full-strength Tigirls outfit and deserved to win.

They we're lucky to get away with this without doing the hard yards.

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
mr_camo said:
I know there is no point in arguing this now, but with the first kick off, i thought the tigers player took the ball with one foot in the field of play and then AFTER catching the ball put his back foot out. I thought it was obvious but it wasnt mentioned at all... Did anyone else see it?

Yes! I saw that too, totally forgot about it though. You're right, didn't hear peep out of the commentators and I thought it was pretty obvious on replay as well.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • mitch222
  • Santa
  • Big Del
  • Justwin
  • Broncosarethebest
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • phoenix
  • Alec
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.