Broncos Vs. Titans - Build Up Thread

Yes, audragon is suggesting that Glenn might miss out.

IMO it's between Glenn and Hunt as to who gets the 17th spot in the team. Glenn can fill in at hooker if needed (not as well as Hunt with the ball, but defensively he'd be stronger), and can jump in the back row, centres or even halves if desperately needed. Given that versatility he'd be likely to get the gig ahead of Hunt.

I would personally prefer Hunt to remain in the team as he provides more of a ball playing X factor, but I wouldn't fault Ivan for going with Glenn over him.

Coxy said:
Yes, audragon is suggesting that Glenn might miss out.

IMO it's between Glenn and Hunt as to who gets the 17th spot in the team. Glenn can fill in at hooker if needed (not as well as Hunt with the ball, but defensively he'd be stronger), and can jump in the back row, centres or even halves if desperately needed. Given that versatility he'd be likely to get the gig ahead of Hunt.

I would personally prefer Hunt to remain in the team as he provides more of a ball playing X factor, but I wouldn't fault Ivan for going with Glenn over him.
^^^^ This ^^^^

pennywisealfie said:
I can't wait to see the Bouncing Souls in December!!!

Wooooo bouncing Souls!!

Oh and go Broncos icon_thumbs_u

Well that's I think positive news on Hodges!
I really want Hodges to get at least 3-4 games in before the finals so he doesn't go into the finals and get found out.

It'll take him 3-4 games at least to get back to the form he was in pre-injury.

I was thinking more 6 to 7 games tbh.

Dodds is very ordinary in attack, not sure why he keeps getting picked.

tkday said:
Dodds is very ordinary in attack, not sure why he keeps getting picked.
Because he is very good in defense and has a big motor for a prop...

He has one of the best defensive techniques I have ever seen. Nearly every tackle he makes hurts the ball runner. The match against Parramatta a few weeks ago he was outstanding off the bench.

tkday said:
Is that enough? Obviously IH thinks so.
Given the fact we have plenty of attacking weapons all over the park otherwise, I would say that's plenty enough...

Agreed. He hits harder than Tronc and Kenny, is about as effective as Kenny with hit ups (maybe more so), but not Tronc.

I would actually prefer Dodds over Kenny and let Anderson have a run off the bench.

Kenny just hasn't been the same this year and I think he needs to play 80 minutes in Q Cup to get some match fitness and timing back. He's been very ordinary.

Maybe but he takes 3 or 4 runs a game, not acceptable.
If he ups his work rate and takes 8-12+ runs a game then fine, replace Kenny but if he's going to keep up with his very low work rate in attack then no way should we drop Kenny for him ATM.

Although I do agree that Kenny isn't the same as he was last year. If Dodds can pick it up he might find himself in reserves.

Dodds may not make a thousand hit ups but he is often the decoy runner don't forget. Does a good job at that too.

Seriously I don't know why people are so critical of his workload in attack. I haven't seen a game this year where our go forward has gone to shit when he has come on. His job is to make an impact in defence and he does it very well.

Scott Anderson >>>> Mitchell Dodds. I don't understand Henjak, he seems to be loyal too much at times. Sometimes you just need to use the better players.

Nah, Scott Anderson > Nick Kenny on form at the moment.

Dodds also > Kenny on form.

There are two reasons why I'd have Kenny over Dodds:

1. Regardless of current form, Kenny has shown more last year than Dodds has this year. A lot more. At this stage Kenny is an overall better player for mine, and he's just coming back from a pretty serious injury. He'll be back to his best soon IMO.

2. Experience. I just think that we won't go too far into the finals with such a young squad. I mean sure, they look great when they are playing with confidence and when they are on top, but the finals are a completely different game. We need all the experience we can get.

Alec said:
There are two reasons why I'd have Kenny over Dodds:

1. Regardless of current form, Kenny has shown more last year than Dodds has this year. A lot more. At this stage Kenny is an overall better player for mine, and he's just coming back from a pretty serious injury. He'll be back to his best soon IMO.

2. Experience. I just think that we won't go too far into the finals with such a young squad. I mean sure, they look great when they are playing with confidence and when they are on top, but the finals are a completely different game. We need all the experience we can get.

So pretty much reasons 1 and 2 are the same - experience.

Unread

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • The Strapper
  • Lostboy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Santa
  • Stix
  • bert_lifts
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • phoenix
  • Dash
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.