Broncos Vs. Warriors - Build Up Thread

BORING!

Anyway, back on topic, as I said previously if we can't restrict the offloads from the Warriors we could be facing a massive scoreline. If we do I think we have the attacking firepower to overcome them.

Jacob Lillyman and Ukuma Ta'ai have been added to the Warriors' squad, with Sione Lousi out injured.

First 2 rounds we have looked a bit like the Warriors of old, throwing the ball around (consequently coughing it up a bit too) with great support play. We really missed that last season thanks to our abysmal fitness.

OK now that's over, can we discuss how the weather bureau predicts the temperature for the next day? I'm sure that'll be just about as riveting.

Coxy said:
OK now that's over, can we discuss how the weather bureau predicts the temperature for the next day? I'm sure that'll be just about as riveting.

Chicken bones and a spinning wheel, I always thought?

Sorry one and all, I had no intention of stirring up any anger about sports betting. I was only thinking that the TAB and other sport betting operations who post prices early in the week seem to ( stress SEEM ) be good judges. I realize that bookies tend to win whatever the result due to their carefully crafted odds.

I was wondering if a person entered a tipping comp and simply took the favs (according to those same agencys) every week for the duration of the comp, where would you finish (in the tipping) ?? My GUESS is you probably finish much nearer the top than the bottom. I have no clue as sports punting ,like horse,dog,and trot punting is a complete mystery.

I'm not saying bookies are never wrong, just that they are wrong less often !!! Than me that is lol

Huge. said:
I was wondering if a person entered a tipping comp and simply took the favs (according to those same agencys) every week for the duration of the comp, where would you finish (in the tipping) ?? My GUESS is you probably finish much nearer the top than the bottom. I have no clue as sports punting ,like horse,dog,and trot punting is a complete mystery.

Our work tipping comp was won a couple of years back by a guy in Western Australia who did just that

Even though that's anecdotal I can't say I disbelieve you. I had intended to enter three tipping comps and compare results at the end of the year....in the first comp I'd pick with my head and heart, the second comp the exact opposites of my first comp choices and in the third and final comp I'd just take the favs like your work colleague.

Of course I did'nt but should I live long enough I just may try that next season.

The Courier Mail website (late mail) has Gillett starting with Setu on the Bench

Pumped for this game. Hopefully we see some good footy from the young Broncos. I am tipping a big match from Lockyer and Wallace.

Could be a good idea.

After seeing how he defended against the Raiders, the Warriors might have tried to target him one on one, close to the line. Hopefully Glenn can fix that.

Glenn to centre, Beale dropped altogether? Tim Smith to the bench.

Unlikely, but Henjak said his got a few surprises...

PETERN said:

That would be quite awesome.

But Smith played today, so i'm not sure if that would work?

ningnangnong said:
PETERN said:

That would be quite awesome.
+1

PETERN said:

I hope not.

I read that Tim Smith has been released from all Broncos training commitments so i highly doubt he will play

I think bringing Tim Smith in isn't a great idea this week. We are playing at 1pm against a big pack and we are without our hardest working forward, our young pack needs all the help it can get today and picking Tim Smith would make it that much harder particularly late in the match.

Huge. said:
Sorry one and all, I had no intention of stirring up any anger about sports betting. I was only thinking that the TAB and other sport betting operations who post prices early in the week seem to ( stress SEEM ) be good judges. I realize that bookies tend to win whatever the result due to their carefully crafted odds.

I'm not saying bookies are never wrong, just that they are wrong less often !!! Than me that is lol

im in my works super 14 tipping comp and i know nothing about rugby, yet i tip the favourites every week and i lead the comp by 2 points and ive had a perfect round the last 2 weeks straight

Active Now

• Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • eggstar10
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • lynx000
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.