OFFICIAL Broncos winning the 2022 Comp

For a little perspective... if someone had told us before the year started that we'd go from wooden spoon contenders to top 8 then I think we'd have been pleased and consider the season a success. (I certainly would have)

I think the team over-achieving and getting hot in the middle of the year and looking like a Top 4 side for a few weeks is probably the only thing that is now making a top 8 finish seem like a disappointment and failure.

I don't think we were as good as we looked during that period, but I do think that we're heading in that direction and next year we should be targetting a top 4 finish. I think we're all so used to Broncos being a top 4 side that when we slipped back in we all felt like everything was right again and the last few years were just a horrible nightmare and things are now back to normal - the reality is a little more sobering and it's going to take some more time before we're back where we should be... but we've come a LONG way already and showed some very positive signs for the future.

I'm not excusing the late season form / effort of this team over the last few weeks, which has been shocking and disgraceful and has left a bitter taste in all our mouths about this season... but we knew that this was a young team starting a rebuild and there would be inconsistency and ups / downs. Getting back into the finals and laying the foundation for a proper shot at the title next year may not be the miraculous turnaround we all thought we were witnessing after the Parra game, but it's still a big improvement from last year and holds us in good stead moving forward, even if there have been some very disappointing elements to the year.
I think it's been a struggle since the raiders game in Rd 14.

Prior to that game we were pretty well flying being only a few weeks after destroying Manly, but in that game Reynolds, Herbie and Paix all got injured and we had a large contingent of guys just starting the origin series and having to start getting used to extra loading.

We then went on to play storm and cows, both away and both convincing losses... before getting 3 wins in a row vs dragons (who were self inflicted from Tariq), titans away and then parra away.

That brings us to the tigers game which it looks like they took basically as a 2nd bye and not show up... a loss can be ok, but it was compounded by losing Patty to suspension. Our middle has looked lost ever since Patty was suspended.

To add even more confusion to this season. If Storm and Cowboys win this week - the Rabbits or Roosters will miss the 8.

If we win this week (impossible) we can play Raiders in first week of playoffs. 😆

To add even more confusion to this season. If Storm and Cowboys win this week - the Rabbits or Roosters will miss the 8.

If we win this week (impossible) we can play Raiders in first week of playoffs. 😆
Sorry, you might have to explain this to me in more detail.

Is this dependent on both us and Raiders winning?

Sorry, you might have to explain this to me in more detail.

Is this dependent on both us and Raiders winning?

Melbourne beating Roosters this week is the catalyst. Souths i cant see beating Cowboys.

Raiders wont lose their last 2 games. Points differential wont matter for them.

If Melbourne and Cowboys win this week (highly likely), then Souths or Roosters are facing off in last round for a semi spot - loser drops out of 8.

Melbourne beating Roosters this week is the catalyst. Souths i cant see beating Cowboys.

If Melbourne and Cowboys win this week (highly likely), then Souths or Roosters are facing off in last round for a semi spot - loser drops out of 8.
Assuming Canberra win both games and we win at least 1 yeah?

Rabbits vs cows is in Sydney... rabbits could easily win that 13+

Cows most recent trip to Sydney was a couple weeks ago where they got to towelled up by rorters

Rabbits vs cows is in Sydney... rabbits could easily win that 13+

Cows most recent trip to Sydney was a couple weeks ago where they got to towelled up by rorters
I cant see it happening. Payten has got them a hard edge. Leilua, Cotter and Nanai will have a field day on Souths flanks.

I cant see it happening. Payten has got them a hard edge. Leilua, Cotter and Nanai will have a field day on Souths flanks.

Timmy Dreaden is out with a split plum though. Rather than just replace him, they've shuffled Drinkwater into the halves and Hammer (I think) into FB.

Timmy Dreaden is out with a split plum though. Rather than just replace him, they've shuffled Drinkwater into the halves and Hammer (I think) into FB.
Moving Drinkwater from Fullback is basically saying please beat me daddy.

Lol so BHQ is a little emotional right now, so I'm not going to say much... except it's not over until it's over!

Active Now

• Aldo
  • lynx000
  • sooticus
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.