C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Broncos press release said:
The Brisbane Broncos would like to advise that they have today withdrawn their
contract offer to Karmichael Hunt.
Broncos’ chief executive Bruno Cullen said the Broncos were very comfortable
with the offer that was made, but unfortunately are not in a position to wait any
longer as Karmichael and his management pursue other options.
“The time frames were not suitable to either the Brisbane Broncos or
Karmichael’s management and as a club we have had to withdraw the offer
and move on,†said Cullen.
“I must stress that this does not mean that the Broncos do not want to retain
Karmichael Hunt.
“What it means is the club will now go about securing our roster for 2010 and
the future, which may or may not include Karmichael Hunt.â€Â

Hmmm................

Lol, Hunt will be in a toilet with Quade and Berrick this time next year.

On the one hand - bugger, really want to keep Hunt. On the other - good on them, it is time players learn they can't just keep stuffing clubs around while they hope for something better to come along

Flutterby said:
On the other - good on them, it is time players learn they can't just keep stuffing clubs around while they hope for something better to come along

I guess, but they could have given him a bit more time.

This will probably be the most important contract he signs in his career, he needs to be sure it's right for him. I thought the club would be more understanding and patient.

I always had a feeling Hunt would go to union at some point, I'd say it will be sooner rather than later at the moment

Well that's interesting. And fair IMO. I've got no issues with Hunt wanting to look at other options, but he's had plenty of time. Hopefully he'll get stuck into his manager about messing around and it will all be sorted before the end of the week [icon_pray.

ningnangnong said:
I guess, but they could have given him a bit more time.

This will probably be the most important contract he signs in his career, he needs to be sure it's right for him. I thought the club would be more understanding and patient.

We've been reading about this offer for weeks, he's had plenty of time to source other offers and make a decision. Yeah it would be nice if he could have as much time as he needs, but he's not the only one coming off contract. Whether others stay or go, and how much they get offered, depends largely on what Hunt does. He's making everyone, including many of his team mates and captain, wait for him to make up his mind.

ningnangnong said:

But perhaps they have ning.

I'd love him to stay. It's so frustrating and annoying seeing such a high number of young players leave the club over the past 2 or 3 seasons. Salary cap's a b*itch.

Exactly Schmix - say he keeps delaying a decision until halfway through the season or more and then decides to leave, but by this time other players have got fed up and signed elsewhere and players from other clubs that we could be recruiting instead have signed for other clubs.

At the end of the day he either wants to play for the Broncos or he doesn't. My understanding is that the offer they have made him is more than fair and will definitely set him up for life.

Flutterby said:
Exactly Schmix - say he keeps delaying a decision until halfway through the season or more and then decides to leave, but by this time other players have got fed up and signed elsewhere and players from other clubs that we could be recruiting instead have signed for other clubs.

Exactly and then you would have fans complaining why we didn't re-sign those players, a club can't wait forever on one player.

with no other offers on the table, if he now has to take less money for next season, he will have noone but himself, and possibly himself to blame. we should use the money to bolster our forward strength.

Always was of the opinion that the club is bigger than any player and so it proves the case in this instance. Anyway I can't say I'm too upset to see him going. Which is a surprise seeing as he's been my favourite for a long time. But the incident late last year has tarnished K and maybe it's for the best if we don't have him. Anyway it should serve as a warning to other players coming off contract that the club won't be held to ransom by players or their managers. I like this stance.

It just all sounds like K is getting a bit greedy.

As said earlier, the deal the Broncos have tabled for him is a fairly good one ..... he's hardly going to be a pauper in his old age :roll:

On channel ten it said the offer was for 3 years and for 1 million & he had until the weekend & I think they said he knocked it back.

Isnt his manager David Riolo?? Gee look at how well he advised Todd Carney whos playing bush footy now when he had the option of accepting a booze ban and continuing to be paid $400k a season.

Mind you i think the clubs offer to Hunt is fair, and although Hunt would be a bad loss especially at his age, one player shouldnt hold a club to ransom, and after what happened with all that stuff last year, i wouldnt be all that unhappy to see him playing for another club, which he already would be if he had the same profile as Seymour, Te Reo, Costigan or Lacey.

I echo the sentiments of the schmickinator and butterflies. He was given a deadline, he has chosen to play games. Broncos haven't said they don't want him they have simply said they will now have to start looking at the services of other footballers.

Hodges to fullback immediately springs to my mind; leaving Falou, Glenn, Winterstein, Yow Yeh, Michaels and Beale.

Not to mention everyone's lovechild Kemp is off contract at Warriors 2010, as is the most improved back of 2008; Tate.....

Active Now

• Bish
  • Dony Eliakim
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Lurker
  • Aldo
  • Volvo Driver
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.