Broncos withdraw their two year offer to Greg Inglis

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Renegade said:
And how everyone is saying omg we'll be fine we have all these young kids and bla bla bla. Hey guys, where did the kids get us this season? Oh that's right, we finished outside the 8 for the first time in 20 years. They must be good. Now, don't take this as, I don't want to invest in any youth or whatever else, but the fact is, our youth didn't really get us aywhere last year, and yes we were missing Hodges all season and yes we missed Lockyer at the most crucial part.
theres a bit more too it than that though.

its not like we were 'only' missing Hodges and Lockyer - for the first half of the season we had like 8-9 of our top guys out injured regularly. theres nothing wrong with our young kids coming through, they were the shining light this season. had we of had any other halfback in the competition this year, we wouldve made the top 8, no doubt in my mind. the number of games we let slip because our halfback just couldnt get the team across the line after repeated sets of six right on their try line was just beyond ridiculous. remember, its not like we missed out on the finals by 4-5 wins - had we won in the last round we still couldve made it.

and as much as we like to pretend we're not, we ARE a one man team. without lockyer, we struggle big time. take thurston away and the cowboys are no chance. take Marshall out and the tigers are goneskis. take Soward out and the Dragons wouldnt have a hope in hell.

now onto inglis.......dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit !!!!!!!!!!!
rageman.jpg

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Take Smith out of the storm.
Hayne out of the Eels...

ect ect every team is a one man team.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
So you think if we blew wind up his arse he might've wanted to come afterall? The Titans did that and he chose the Broncos. Why?

Fact is he's a child. An immature, idiotic little shit and he's had dickheads in his ear the whole time. Can't blame him, he's been brought up in the culture of cheating.

He's a man of little character, and plenty of girth. We are better off without him.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
The point I was trying to make, perhaps I wasn't overly clear, was that we would've signed a gamebreaker, had we signed Inglis.

We had 3 of them last year. Lockyer, Hodges and Falou.

Falou is gone, Hodges is an unknown with his injury, and then there's Lockyer.

So now we have 1. Maybe 2. Had we have signed Inglis, we would've potentially had 3, there would then be less pressure on the kids to come in and act like the game is solely decided on what they do.

But by saying, it's ok, we don't need Inglis, we got kids, then you do. And you know what, some of them might surprise us, but it's still worrysome going into a season relying solely on kids. (If you take Hodges and Lockyer out, who do you have? Bunch of kids)

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Look, when it comes down to it. Either way, our club didn't bend over backwards for him. They didn't continue to offer him everything, and we didn't lose a lot of players to nearly get him.

After the talent we lost with Izzy, it's good to see the club think about their current players before thinking about another "star".

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Coxy said:
So you think if we blew wind up his arse he might've wanted to come afterall? The Titans did that and he chose the Broncos. Why?

Fact is he's a child. An immature, idiotic little shit and he's had dickheads in his ear the whole time. Can't blame him, he's been brought up in the culture of cheating.

He's a man of little character, and plenty of girth. We are better off without him.

I think Brisbane should've done whatever they could to make him feel wanted.

Disregard everything you think about Brisbane, and everything about Inglis as a personality.

And answer this q:

Do you think Brisbane did everything they could to get Inglis here, from salary to personal "needs" (not suggesting cap related)?

I don't believe they did.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
At least now we won't need to watch Gagai/Copely tear it up at another club icon_thumbs_u

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Fact is, Inglis never wanted to come here. Not really. He never once showed an ounce of excitement about it. So what makes you think, had he signed, that he'd been anything other than the fat heap of shit he was at Melbourne in 2010? He did nothing this year. NOTHING.

He has a major attitude problem.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I don't believe any of us are in a position to talk about what the Broncos did and didn't offer him here in Brisbane.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Nashy said:
I don't believe any of us are in a position to talk about what the Broncos did and didn't offer him here in Brisbane.
So let's just close the forum and believe everything the CM tells us?

Really, I know you're not saying that but what a stupid comment. Yeah, let's kill the idea of a forum cause we're not 100% on every detail?

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
At least those kids would most likely appreciate how much of a privilege it is to wear a Broncos jersey. Inglis's actions over this whole saga have indicated he wouldn't. I don't want someone like that at my club. If I could make a list of the top 50 Rugby League players that I want at the Broncos, Inglis wouldn't get a look in after this.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Renegade said:
Nashy said:

Really, I know you're not saying that but what a stupid comment. Yeah, let's kill the idea of a forum cause we're not 100% on every detail?

But we should assume the Broncos didn't do anything to keep him right? Yet we don't know. Make up your mind.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Coxy said:
Fact is, Inglis never wanted to come here. Not really. He never once showed an ounce of excitement about it. So what makes you think, had he signed, that he'd been anything other than the fat heap of shit he was at Melbourne in 2010? He did nothing this year. NOTHING.

Can you tell me which Melb players stood out this year?

That's right, no one apart from some no name kids, cause all the senior members went on vacation mentally after the salary cap issue. Pretty hard benchmark to mark someone against.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Renegade said:
Coxy said:

That's right, no one apart from some no name kids, cause all the senior members went on vacation mentally after the salary cap issue. Pretty hard benchmark to mark someone against.

Cooper Cronk for one. Slater was still consistently good. Smith had good games.

To give them that excuse is laughable. Inglis was horrible this year and it's all about attitude.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Nashy said:
Renegade said:
Nashy said:

But we should assume the Broncos didn't do anything to keep him right? Yet we don't know. Make up your mind.

Oh come on, LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE. Really. It's not hard, it's not encrypted, and it's not in another language.

Brisbane - um yeah here's an offer. take it or leave it(1st negotiation). oh you might be able to stay at the storm, that's ok, our original offer is still there(2nd negotiation). oh um, maybe we might be able to put on a bit more, but that's really it(3rd negotation). we must have our man... good, he can come train with the others when he's better, now let's focus our attention elsewhere

Souths - OMFG WHAT DO YOU WANT US TO DO, WE'LL DO ANYTHING.

One is non-chalant, the other is busting a gut and showing, what I believe is ambition. They're actively using their connections, legit or not to get Inglis sign for them. you know, Inglis one of the worlds best players? Or at least he was until he decided not to sign for brisbane anymore?

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Coxy said:
Renegade said:
Coxy said:

Cooper Cronk for one. Slater was still consistently good. Smith had good games.

To give them that excuse is laughable. Inglis was horrible this year and it's all about attitude.

Smith was average and Billy was nowhere near his usual standard. Both of them admitted they couldn't care less, even Smith had a squabble with the ref more or less saying what's the point, there's nothing in it for us?

it's not laughable to give them that excuse because the fact still stands, regardless of your personal feelings on inglis, melb players, the salary cap or the club itself, these professionals had no motivation or reason to bust a gut. they were still gonna get paid regardless, and it dind't matter if they won or lost, it was all for monopoly money/points.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
But you just said we can't believe what the CM tells us. Which is exactly what you're doing. Then you're getting cranky because I'm pointing out the flaw in your argument against me. So again, I say make up your mind.

We have no idea if he sat with Bruno and Gee, and they told him that they would do all of these things that he wanted them to do. Or to make the transition to Brisbane a lot easier they would do this. You have no idea. I have no idea. The CM has no idea.

So to say Brisbane didn't do anything more than offer, withdraw, offer and withdraw, is silly. Because again. We have no idea.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Nashy said:
But you just said we can't believe what the CM tells us. Which is exactly what you're doing. Then you're getting cranky because I'm pointing out the flaw in your argument against me. So again, I say make up your mind.

We have no idea if he sat with Bruno and Gee, and they told him that they would do all of these things that he wanted them to do. Or to make the transition to Brisbane a lot easier they would do this. You have no idea. I have no idea. The CM has no idea.

So to say Brisbane didn't do anything more than offer, withdraw, offer and withdraw, is silly. Because again. We have no idea.
What? Are you making the assumption that I only read the CM for news? Cause I don't think I said that... anywhere... ever... so I don't see how I'm contradicting myself?

Hell, let's even scrap the CM idea, can you point to any publication where Brisbane seemed to go out of their way to show their desire to get Inglis, like South Sydney has evidently done.

Active Now

• kman
  • Old Mate
  • Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.