Broncos withdraw their two year offer to Greg Inglis

Drake said:
King and Hodges on the same team....
Precisely. I'd get over my dislike pretty quick I reckon... eusa_think

Seriously I cannot believe how stupid Inglis is - so basically he has been working for Souths for free. He should have made sure Souths were paying him whilst they were parading him around and getting all that publicity.

Inglis isn't the brightest crayon in the packet.

I am wondering if the Broncos are having a great laugh over this never-ending saga.

Flutterby said:
Seriously I cannot believe how stupid Inglis is - so basically he has been working for Souths for free. He should have made sure Souths were paying him whilst they were parading him around and getting all that publicity.
I thought until his Souths contract is approved by the NRL he is still employed by the Storm. The Storm however are withholding paying him any more due to the outstanding legal bills.

That is what I read last time I looked through the paper, I am guessing the truth is in there somewhere.

King's always been a douche.

Hit on Thurston in Origin 3 06
Blaming the 06 loss on the refs.
Trying to take Hodges out from behind

Twiztid said:
Flutterby said:
I thought until his Souths contract is approved by the NRL he is still employed by the Storm. The Storm however are withholding paying him any more due to the outstanding legal bills.

That is what I read last time I looked through the paper, I am guessing the truth is in there somewhere.

Honestly, i can see why the Storm aren't paying him ATM, because, since the season ended he hasn't done anything for them, he hasn't done any training or promotion or anything. in fact he has been promoting one of their rivals in the Rabbitohs.

Exacatly Foordy - why should Melbourne pay him when he hasn't been working for them? He has been very publicly working for Souths so should have ensured they were paying him before he started doing so. I understand he is still contracted to Melbourne, therefore he should have told Souths he would sign but not appear on behalf of Souths (or in Souths gear etc) until the contract was approved and they started paying him.

I think it's been decided.

Champion ---> Storm

Inglis ---> Souths.

I think the Storm would have to be happy with that deal... Fat Inglis will be no good for the Rabbits IMO.

The South Sydney Rabbitohs are delighted to announce that the NRL has registered Greg Inglis’ contract today, linking one of the world’s best players to the Club for at least the next three seasons.

The NRL informed the Rabbitohs that it had rectified its salary cap to a position where the NRL could register the contract. During this process the Rabbitohs have unfortunately had to grant a release to Beau Champion who has elected to take up an increased and extended contract offer with the Melbourne Storm, making room for Inglis to officially become a Rabbitoh.

http://forums.rleague.com/posts/showthr ... ost1168028

Melbourne shouldn't be allowed to sign a well known player for a year or more.

IMO, they aren't being punished enough.

How the **** were Melbourne able to sign anyone?

The Rock said:
Scotty said:
How the **** were Melbourne able to sign anyone?

How were Melbourne even able to keep their big 4? They could have kept Inglis if he wanted to stay. I can't believe they can rort the cap like that and still have a decent team for 2011.

Agree it's a joke. Just like when the Bulldogs cheated the cap, 2 years later they won a Premiership. The penalties in AFL are a lot more harsh but also a lot more fair (Carlton for example)

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Justwin
  • Bish
  • pennywisealfie
  • jd87
  • Old Mate
  • HarryAllan7
  • Tmac
  • Harry Sack
  • Mr Fourex
  • Cavalo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • Hurrijo
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • bb_gun
  • Lurker
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.