Broncos withdraw their two year offer to Greg Inglis

draggx said:
Hoffman, Yow, Hodges, Copely, Gagai... I can live with a few loses if it ment those guys are getting the experience. Keep in mind we have Glenn and Kemp who can slot in the back as well. We are safe without Inglis.

We are safe without him yes, but we are even safer with him IMO.

The bloke is the best centre in the world FFS, how can any team be worse off with him? 1. Hoffman, 2. Kemp 3. Hodges 4. Yow Yeh 5. Kemp, so much better than having Glenn, Gillett or Te'o playing out of position, and both centres playing on their preferred sides.

Jeba said:
draggx said:
Hoffman, Yow, Hodges, Copely, Gagai... I can live with a few loses if it ment those guys are getting the experience. Keep in mind we have Glenn and Kemp who can slot in the back as well. We are safe without Inglis.

We are safe without him yes, but we are even safer with him IMO.

The bloke is the best centre in the world FFS, how can any team be worse off with him? 1. Hoffman, 2. Kemp 3. Hodges 4. Yow Yeh 5. Kemp, so much better than having Glenn, Gillett or Te'o playing out of position, and both centres playing on their preferred sides.

WAS the best centre in the world. IS a bored, uninterested, fat woman basher.

Lets get real people GI is storm scum do we really need to bring that into the Broncos??

The Rock said:
He was fat, getting lazy and lacking club form for the past 2 seasons BUT he was still young and some players REALLY excel once when they get a change of scenery. Inglis was too comfortable at the Storm, a change to Brisbane would have been perfect and I truly believe he would have reached his best club form here, especially playing with his QLD team mates and with players like Lockyer.

Shame.

but he wouldn't sign the contract.... Yet he shook hands with Gee and said he wanted to be a Broncos. He was playing silly buggers and I for one am glad the club had learnt from the KHUNT debacle and just pulled the pin

This whole saga was such a joke. I was lucky not to get overly excited about GI's "signing" to us this seeing as there is still a while until the 2011 season starts. Plus, I had a feeling that it will fall through.

Don't get me wrong, it would be amazing to see GI play alongside Lockyer but we wasted time waiting around for him.

We got played by Storm, Inglis and Souths. I hope GI doesn't do well if/when he plays for Souths, so they'd realise that the money wasn't worth it. Highly unlikely, but a girl can dream. It is also interesting to see that Souths have plenty of money to throw around...

If Choc is going to sort out the legal bill why didn't the Broncos take the initiative and get the Thoroughbreds to do it through some bullshit deal?

No amount of juniors in the world would equal having GI wearing 3 or 4 for the club.

The whole Mundine thing is confusing me actually. They're talking about it as though it wouldn't be counted under the cap, but surely there's no way this could be the case [icon_shru

This is just a rumour, I dont know how true this is, but from what ive heard it wasn't completely to do with the money and has a lot to do with Inglis's mental state and where his head is right now. Right now Inglis is very unstable and Brisbane might have pulled the pin for that reason. As good as Inglis has been if he isnt in the right mind frame he isnt going to be anywhere near as good as he once was and if we were paying him what was reported it could have been a disaster.

Still disappointing as he would have been the strike weapon we needed but if isnt happy he's not goiong to play well!

Aeetee said:
Same story I think.

I found this bit the biggest piece of dog shit I have ever heard:

It's believed Mundine has changed tack and offered to pay all legal expenses in a court action against the Storm over the disputed bill.

"Choc doesn't like seeing any of his brothers getting dudded," said a close friend of Inglis. "He's vowed to back him to hilt."

**** ing lying piece of shit, if that's true then why didn't he look after his 'Brother' from the start. Playing the race card when hes coming to your club... hope you die in a fire you over rated racist c**ksmoker.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5948779736

[eusa_clap.gi

I demand this be included in the post of the year options for the awards. Mundine is scum.

Outstanding stuff Tee. Mundine is a blight on everything he is associated with.

The Rock said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":becqu4td][quote="The Rock":becqu4td]He was fat, getting lazy and lacking club form for the past 2 seasons BUT he was still young and some players REALLY excel once when they get a change of scenery. Inglis was too comfortable at the Storm, a change to Brisbane would have been perfect and I truly believe he would have reached his best club form here, especially playing with his QLD team mates and with players like Lockyer.

Shame.

but he wouldn't sign the contract.... Yet he shook hands with Gee and said he wanted to be a Broncos. He was playing silly
buggers and I for one am glad the club had learnt from the KHUNT debacle and just pulled the pin[/quote:becqu4td]

We didn't learn form the Hunt debacle, we didn't give Hunt a sufficient deadline and we failed to give Inglis one too.[/quote:becqu4td]

Giving him an earlier deadline wouldn't have made a difference because we were never looking to sign another player anyway.

schmix said:
The whole Mundine thing is confusing me actually. They're talking about it as though it wouldn't be counted under the cap, but surely there's no way this could be the case [icon_shru

The NRL have stated that even if Mundine pays the legal bill it will be counted under the cap, because for Mundine to pay the bill Inglis has to play for Souths thus it not being cap exempt

Jeba said:
Outstanding stuff Tee. Mundine is a blight on everything he is associated with.

couldn't agree more

Although I don't care whether Inglis will eventually come or not(he's not worth 600k, it was reported 450ish at the start) but if Mundine even pays $10 for Inglis it should absolutely be under the cap. None of this BS glory south sydney, if they can't afford Inglis INCLUDING the legal bill then they can GTFO.

Glory Glory South Sydney my asssss, "everyone wants them to do well", hah speak for yourself dick knob journalist.

The whole thing stinks like a rotting carcass and the fact that Mundine, Nasser and co are involved only makes it doubly smelly. Oh, and if Inglis's missus suddenly gets a transfer to a new job in Sydney anytime in the next year or so, I call bullsh*t.

I'm hearing rumours that Inglis's injury is a lot worse than first thought, so that combined with his clearly unstable mental state makes me happy we've told him to GTFO.

Coxy said:
I'm hearing rumours that Inglis's injury is a lot worse than first thought, so that combined with his clearly unstable mental state makes me happy we've told him to GTFO.

I hope he enjoys Souths... He won't get the quality ball he was going to get at Brisbane that is for sure...

Coxy said:
Or it's just a load of BS to justify losing him... If true, we may have dodged a bullet though! [icon_shru

Either way, like Rocky, I think this all reeks of amateurism in the way this was handled, as with Khunt previously, and only our position in the market as the only team in a RL crazed city, masks the Broncos management grave shortcomings.
Having said that, I can't blame the stance taken by the club when it was discovered that Inglis was talking to Souths behind their backs.

Can't wait to see the back of Cullen and hopefully welcome Benny back sooner than later.

As for Inglis, he clearly isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, and is probably being sweet-talked by Mundine (perfect description of this a-hole by Aeetee) and Crowe. Honor and your word seems to have lost a lot of meaning these days. [icon_non

Still wondering whether Henjak remaining at the club is a factor also. Would rather seem him leave with Cullen... [icon_shady

Finally, according to reports in the media, the $100K deal from the mining magnate is also dependent on him playing for Souths, so shouldn't that fall under tha cap also? eusa_think

Why are we always blaming the Broncos?? We all wanted GI at the club and the Broncos waited and waited for him to sign the contract but he didn't..

Does anyone know anything about this? (Particularly the bit about the P.C.)
Broncos' Bruno Cullen says Rabbitohs players should 'watch their back' as the club tries to sign Greg Inglis
17 minutes ago via TweetDeck .
Broncos still with money to burn- haven't named any big name contenders yet- but something could 'pop up'
about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck .
Broncos laugh off suggestions they're looking at making Joel Monaghan a deal
about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck .
press conference at Broncos headquarters happening NOW- details soon
about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck
http://twitter.com/9NewsBrisbane

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Organix
  • Harry Sack
  • Justwin
  • NSW stables
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brotherdu
  • dasherhalo
  • bb_gun
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Sproj
  • Emanon
  • Wolfie
  • Rowdy124
  • Brocko
  • Mick_Hancock
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.