Broncos won't sign Star talent

No that's not what Griffin said, that's just media sensationalist bullshit headlines.

This is what was said
"There is always a window there. We just need to be patient with the people we've got," Griffin said.

"They're doing a good job for us at the moment.

"If someone suits down the track that comes on the market, well, we'll have a look at it then.

"Josh Dugan wasn't going to be on the market eight weeks ago."

What Griffin is really saying, is that right now there's no one on the market to buy so we just got to stick to what we have but if someone worth buying comes up on the market they'll look at it then.

Which is about right because there really is no one left worth signing so we just have to wait.

No that's not what Griffin said, that's just media sensationalist bull**** headlines.

This is what was said

What Griffin is really saying, is that right now there's no one on the market to buy so we just got to stick to what we have but if someone worth buying comes up on the market they'll look at it then.

Which is about right because there really is no one left worth signing so we just have to wait.

Exactly this. It's basically s***house reporting. I mean what else can griffin say...

It's not just this article that annoys me what about the last 18 months or even since Locky retired..... What quality signings have we made. It seems Gee is the kind of guy to buy back his second hand cars.

It's not just this article that annoys me what about the last 18 months or even since Locky retired..... What quality signings have we made. It seems Gee is the kind of guy to buy back his second hand cars.

If I by law had to own 25 cars, but only had a certain budget in which to buy them, if someone offered me a car that I had to previously sell because it was costing too much, but was now less than a third of when I sold it, I'd sure as hell fill one of my 25 spots with it, especially if it was one that had done the job for me before.

If I by law had to own 25 cars, but only had a certain budget in which to buy them, if someone offered me a car that I had to previously sell because it was costing too much, but was now less than a third of when I sold it, I'd sure as hell fill one of my 25 spots with it, especially if it was one that had done the job for me before.
That's a horrible analogy :loool:
I'd rather buy a car with potential.

That's a horrible analogy :loool:
I'd rather buy a car with potential.

I think the point he was trying to make was in response to bigjaymz assertion that buying Stagg, prince and kemp was a bad move. I believe by the analogy he was saying that no one was claiming those three cars (players) were going to go 250kmh and pick you up a dozen swimsuit models, but you gotta have 25 cars (players) in your garage (squad) so why not fill some spots with cheap and reliable ones.

I agree we need to being buying stars and/or potential stars however I don't think that those three were bad buys for there money and its not like they have prevented a signing

We should have signed Dugan.

I hope he really shines for the Dragons. At least they throw real talent a chance and not cut off their nose to spite their face

I think the point he was trying to make was in response to bigjaymz assertion that buying Stagg, prince and kemp was a bad move. I believe by the analogy he was saying that no one was claiming those three cars (players) were going to go 250kmh and pick you up a dozen swimsuit models, but you gotta have 25 cars (players) in your garage (squad) so why not fill some spots with cheap and reliable ones.

I agree we need to being buying stars and/or potential stars however I don't think that those three were bad buys for there money and its not like they have prevented a signing
I had no problem with the Stagg signing, I think he was a good cheap signing who adds experience and depth to our squad. I just hope we don't go signing guys like Tate and Berrigan next year. We don't need any more solid players, we need great players.

I'm still beyond disappointed we cut off Dugan instead of just giving him a chance, putting in strict contract decisions and seeing how it goes. I reckon he will kill it for the Dragons.

This to me sums up our recruitment staff, that coupled with a "she'll be right" attitude.

You forgot something: ignoring the bleeding obvious taking too long to give our promising young guns a go ... and in their proper positions ... and giving Norman invaluable NRL match practice for the Eels while Kemp languishes in lower grades and Kahu isn't being at least blooded at the back if he is our next year's FB.

Let's hope Hala's meagre minutes were due to match fitness and this week he gets more minutes.

Last edited:
The Broncos' theory has always been "we don't need a star player because we have plenty of faith in our current squad". This would be fine if we actually looked like a team that had a really good chance of winning the premiership... but we don't! We're the richest club in the whole NRL, with one of the best cultures, and we never bother trying our hand at recruiting. It's so frustrating when the fans on BroncosHQ could recruit much better than the guys who are payed money to sign no one.

Oh FFS, I was all for giving Dugan a new home and a new chance to show he has even a semblance of a brain, until... He went full retard on twitter while he was under contract negotiations.

I fully support the club's stance at that point, because if Dugan is that stupid at such a critical time, I don't believe he won't be once he gets comfy again.

I don't care whether he does well or not, and I certainly won't use his performances as an excuse to bag the club, unlike other people who actually hope it happens!

If Dugan is the answer I would love to know what the question is?

The Broncos' theory has always been "we don't need a star player because we have plenty of faith in our current squad". This would be fine if we actually looked like a team that had a really good chance of winning the premiership... but we don't! We're the richest club in the whole NRL, with one of the best cultures, and we never bother trying our hand at recruiting. It's so frustrating when the fans on BroncosHQ could recruit much better than the guys who are payed money to sign no one.
By the players fans here want bought for the club or the players they want brought into the team as knee jerk reactions, I am bloody glad the fans on Broncos HQ have no input in recruitment.
let us just have our own opinions which in 90% of cases are just not good for the club

Being the richest club in the NRL means nothing, we still can't spend anymore money than the poorest club can on players

Well it would give us an advantage in paying transfer fees. But certainly it's not something we look to do so yeah, we get no benefit from it.

Active Now

• Morepudding
  • Morkel
  • Fozz
  • john1420
  • sooticus
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Big Del
  • Mister Wright
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • The Strapper
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • Bish
  • Tim K
  • Swordfish
  • Brocko
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.