Broncos won't sign Star talent

We simply must sign a fullback and a halfback for depth if anything. Crazy how much our depth has slipped.

I would always rate Maloney higher than Widdop but I agree he is not the one to build a team around, he would just finish off the project nicely

Agree with you BB depth is almost as big a problem as halfback for us

Agree with you BB depth is almost as big a problem as halfback for us

On the contrary. We have depth, plenty of it, but it doesn't matter if we don't have stars. The Titans, For example, are an excellent example of having no depth in the backs. Either of Sezer or Kelly go down and their stuffed. And they've been debuting wingers and centres all this year. We have Hunt & Norman as halves backup, and Hoffman, Kahu, Kemp to take on FB should Norman need to move or go down injured. Our issue is too many fair-to-good players and hardly and stars.

Possibly a thread hijack, but IMO relevant. Reserve grade....it needs to be brought back and the sooner the better. I enjoy the NYC but the difference in quality between it and the NRL is huge. I understand the Qcup is there to somewhat fill that void, but I would argue that we wouldn't have lost as much talent to other clubs if the reserve grade was still around. Reason being, getting told that you'll be playing for the reserve Broncos is a hell of a lot different to being told that you'll be playing for the Redcliffe Dolphins. I'm not trying to put the Dolphins down with that comment btw. Not to mention the benefits to overall team cohesion. Instead of Hunt playing 14 for us for the last 3 years and Norman jumping between playing FG and for some Qcup side, our "future" halves could have been maintaining their combination and learning to play the game at a higher level then NYC.

Last edited:
Thirded. Under 20's has proven to have zero relevance towards a clubs future success nor does it give any indication of how well a player will fare stepping up to the NRL. Didn't they used to have a reserve grade as well as an Under's team?

They did but the travel costs were killing some of he clubs. Maybe now the NRL could fund travel expenses

Anything to get rid of the NYC. It's a blight on our game.

Is there a rumour that Tamou and the Cowboys are parting company? And if so, is he another Josh Dugan.

Last edited:
Yeah, let's just get him, Dugan, Carney, Bird and all the other retards, drink drivers and woman bashers in the NRL.
Who cares about the club's image? All we want is results, right?
I reckon we should also cover up anything they get into while they're at the club!

Yeah, let's just get him, Dugan, Carney, Bird and all the other retards, drink drivers and woman bashers in the NRL.
Who cares about the club's image? All we want is results, right?
I reckon we should also cover up anything they get into while they're at the club!

We'd still win more games.

Fact: We will be linked to every off-contract/disgruntled player for the next few seasons.

Active Now

• kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mr Fourex
  • Organix
  • winslow_wong
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • Broncosgirl
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.