Broncos won't sign Star talent

It'll be your standard "have faith in the club" which I will struggle with whilst Griffin and Gee are still in their respective positions.

We don't need to "rebuild" as much as we just need to sign a few great players in positions we lack in. Kinda like what the Rooters did. It's amazing how a team can lift when they see things start to go their way.

Only interesting part is this
White concedes the club is in the market for the right player.The "right" player at the moment would be one of about three types. Brisbane is clearly a big man short, light on for strike out wide and in need of a half to replace the departing Corey Norman.
"It's a tough time but I have faith in the people we have at this club and the work ethic we have among all our staff," said White.

At least White understands what we're missing. I completely agree that we need a big man, a back and a half.

Only interesting part is this

yeah, that's where its at for brisbane and it's why one (1) "star" signing will be nowhere near enough to put them back where they want to be ...

Who is he kidding, we've been rebuilding since Lockyer left and will continue to be until we sign some bloody players!

As Coxy said, the club will announce a coach swap with Neil Henry.

yeah, that's where its at for brisbane and it's why one (1) "star" signing will be nowhere near enough to put them back where they want to be ...
Well lets face it, there's no stars on the market (well there was but twitter killed that) unless Barba is somehow released.

Who is he kidding, we've been rebuilding since Lockyer left and will continue to be until we sign some bloody players!

think this is a more accurate depiction of our so-called rebuilding ....

220px-Abrissbirne.jpg

That isn't the article that 1910 was referring to.

Totally agree with Lazo and Ikin the Broncos aren't intimidating opponents anymore and we need to sign some up and coming talent or off-market players. Both Prince and Wallace are not the answer as Prince is past it and Wallace is inconsistent, recruiting a new halves pairing would be a good start.

What are everyone’s thoughts on signing Folau on a 1yr deal worth big money just to tie us over until 2015?

IMO it would be a great idea, it gives us a bit of talent to see us through 2014 (which at this point is looking pretty bleak) and allows us to go after some major signings for 2015 (I believe there are a few people off contract :winky:). Then we just piss Izzy off to whichever code he’s next interested in, probably baseball or something and we get back all of our precious cap space.

I think others have said that he could make a great fullback, somewhere along the lines of Inglis. I’m not sure how his passing/kicking game is but I think he’ll be alright, at least he will provide some spark here and there and is guaranteed to fill seats.

It just feels like a good idea to use up some of our otherwise wasted cap space. Maybe Folau isn't the answer but we certainly need someone for next year at least.

What are everyone’s thoughts on signing Folau on a 1yr deal worth big money just to tie us over until 2015?

IMO it would be a great idea, it gives us a bit of talent to see us through 2014 (which at this point is looking pretty bleak) and allows us to go after some major signings for 2015 (I believe there are a few people off contract :winky:). Then we just piss Izzy off to whichever code he’s next interested in, probably baseball or something and we get back all of our precious cap space.

I think others have said that he could make a great fullback, somewhere along the lines of Inglis. I’m not sure how his passing/kicking game is but I think he’ll be alright, at least he will provide some spark here and there and is guaranteed to fill seats.

It just feels like a good idea to use up some of our otherwise wasted cap space. Maybe Folau isn't the answer but we certainly need someone for next year at least.

just sent a quick email to Andrew Gee with an outline of your proposition ... got a short, sharp response: "narrr, Hoffman > Folau"

just sent a quick email to Andrew Gee with an outline of your proposition ... got a short, sharp response: "narrr, Hoffman > Folau"

What??? Are you saying his auto forwarder isn't on anymore?

Last time I emailed him to say we should go hard after barba I got an auto reply saying "I am currently 'off the job' and won't return until 2016. If your email involves recruitment please send it to couldntgiveafuck@broncos.com.au

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Brocko
  • Fozz
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Culhwch
  • theshed
  • cento
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Bongo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Dash
  • Battler
  • Mighty Bronx
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.