Broncos Youth Players and Young Guns coming through.

Not the best work to support my case but he deservedly got MOTM.

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2021/10/02/post-match-player-of-the-match-blake-mozer/
Thought gray was a little unlucky not to get a look in for MOTM. #3 from city was also pretty good. #10 also had some pretty big runs.

On mozer, i have only seen a few of his games but on the positives I have seen:
-has a game awareness above his peers.
-looks at the defensive line when at the ruck to see if he can take advantage of weak spots.
-draws markers in so they dont pick off the runners
- although he was not throwing 20m passes his service was excellent, with most passes being put out in front for the runners to run on to.
-He is not exceptionally quick but has a good running game as he manages to wrong foot slow markers and middle forwards (reminds me of grant in this aspect).
- made several good kicks that found grass and helped city maintain territorial advantage.
- in defence he is not a hitter like turpin, he is more a "catcher", but what he does exceptionally well is wrap up the ball (which is something our team struggles with, we often have 3 in a tackle but they still manage an offload.

I really hope he is one we hold on to.

Thought gray was a little unlucky not to get a look in for MOTM. #3 from city was also pretty good. #10 also had some pretty big runs.

On mozer, i have only seen a few of his games but on the positives I have seen:
-has a game awareness above his peers.
-looks at the defensive line when at the ruck to see if he can take advantage of weak spots.
-draws markers in so they dont pick off the runners
- although he was not throwing 20m passes his service was excellent, with most passes being put out in front for the runners to run on to.
-He is not exceptionally quick but has a good running game as he manages to wrong foot slow markers and middle forwards (reminds me of grant in this aspect).
- made several good kicks that found grass and helped city maintain territorial advantage.
- in defence he is not a hitter like turpin, he is more a "catcher", but what he does exceptionally well is wrap up the ball (which is something our team struggles with, we often have 3 in a tackle but they still manage an offload.

I really hope he is one we hold on to.
I hate to make comparisons, but that quite literally sounds like Cameron Smith.

But because of Mozer's idolisation of CS9 when he makes the grade Smith steps in and encourages him to sign with the Storm and he will persnally oversee his development ala Tallis at Titans with Fifita.

It shows how long-term we need to generate our own local heroes again that in turn inspires the next generation to want to play for the Broncos. if we don't get that right and in place before the Brisbane plastics do we'll be in danger of wandering around in the wilderness for a the unforeseeable future.

Hate to sound pessimistic, but as a club we are at a massive crossroads. It really is a bonus we have DD now at the helm as we are going to need some serious decision making over the next couple of seasons.

But because of Mozer's idolisation of CS9 when he makes the grade Smith steps in and encourages him to sign with the Storm and he will persnally oversee his development ala Tallis at Titans with Fifita.

It shows how long-term we need to generate our own local heroes again that in turn inspires the next generation to want to play for the Broncos. if we don't get that right and in place before the Brisbane plastics do we'll be in danger of wandering around in the wilderness for a the unforeseeable future.

Hate to sound pessimistic, but as a club we are at a massive crossroads. It really is a bonus we have DD now at the helm as we are going to need some serious decision making over the next couple of seasons.
I completely disagree but agree… what your saying is right but the storm won’t be the team to take him off our hands this time. They got 2 hookers who chances are, are better than Mozer possibly ever will be. 1 of them would stop him from signing there let alone 2. He’d get no game time

I completely disagree but agree… what your saying is right but the storm won’t be the team to take him off our hands this time. They got 2 hookers who chances are, are better than Mozer possibly ever will be. 1 of them would stop him from signing there let alone 2. He’d get no game time
Yeh that's only at this present time though. By the time Mozer is ready to re-sign (2023-2024) there could be a hellva lot of change at the storm.

Fortunately, Donuts would be well aware of the value of an elite 9.

I hate to make comparisons, but that quite literally sounds like Cameron Smith.

He moves like him but I’ve avoided the comparison. I do think you’ll just naturally see it from this generation. He’s a 17 year old hooker. They’ll all look like Smith.

He moves like him but I’ve avoided the comparison. I do think you’ll just naturally see it from this generation. He’s a 17 year old hooker. They’ll all look like Smith.
Good point 👍

His defence reminded me of Smith in the way he wraps up the ball and waits for back up.

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere; but seems Piakura didn’t pass the medical from his concussion last week?

Can’t find an article on it, but my uncontrollable man crush for Cobbo has got more intense.

He purchased 40 tickets to the QRL grand final and gave them to kids at his old Cherbourg school.

He was interviewed and sounded so genuine and passionate about it, not just publicity spin. Said he wanted to give back to his community and hopes to inspire indigenous kids and show them what they can achieve.

Seems like a really, really humble young kid. He’s the sort of kid the NRL should be investing in, not Big Chin and his super smug mates.

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • The Don
  • Foordy
  • something
  • ostin86
  • Fitzy
  • broncs30
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Big Del
  • Strop
  • Broncorob
  • Manofoneway
  • Brocko
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gray
  • Bronx48
  • bert_lifts
  • eggstar10
  • Locky's Left Boot
... and 50 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.