Bulldogs in the Hunt for Ben Hunt

Don't the dogs have Ben Barba??? I'd say Ben Hunt will go if Smith is played before him this season..

#1 Kemp fan said:
Don't the dogs have Ben Barba??? I'd say Ben Hunt will go if Smith is played before him this season..

Yep, and I'll be cut with Ivan and Bruno.

Coxy said:
#1 Kemp fan said:

Maybe if Wallace asks for a release Hunt might stay, I think that is our only chance of seeing Ben Hunt wearing the number 7 for the Broncos in coming seasons. Poor form from Bruno and Ivan if he leaves.

#1 Kemp fan said:
Coxy said:
[quote="#1 Kemp fan":245u6i38]Don't the dogs have Ben Barba??? I'd say Ben Hunt will go if Smith is played before him this season..

Maybe if Wallace asks for a release Hunt might stay, I think that is our only chance of seeing Ben Hunt wearing the number 7 for the Broncos in coming seasons. Poor form from Bruno and Ivan if he leaves.[/quote:245u6i38]

IMO the more likely scenario is Locky making way, Wallace playing 6 and Hunt 7.

As much as I love Locky, I'd almost prefer he gave the game away earlier than later to let a youngster like Hunt establish himself, rather than Locky playing 1-2 years too long and being very average.

Coxy said:
#1 Kemp fan said:
Coxy said:
[quote="#1 Kemp fan":2e717iu8]Don't the dogs have Ben Barba??? I'd say Ben Hunt will go if Smith is played before him this season..

Maybe if Wallace asks for a release Hunt might stay, I think that is our only chance of seeing Ben Hunt wearing the number 7 for the Broncos in coming seasons. Poor form from Bruno and Ivan if he leaves.

As much as I love Locky, I'd almost prefer he gave the game away earlier than later to let a youngster like Hunt establish himself, rather than Locky playing 1-2 years too long and being very average.[/quote:2e717iu8]

I agree 100%, I'd like Lockyer to give it away go be Assistant Coach at the Dragons and come back to us in 2 or 3 years!! [icon_lol1.

Did anyone else have the same 'f**k off' Bulldogs reaction I did?

They're becoming like gluttons.

Big Pete said:

Yes I had that reaction but it is the way the NRL works.. Certain clubs develop talented youngsters while others can't so they buy everyone elses talent.

BULLDOG SCUM!!

Coxy said:
#1 Kemp fan said:
Coxy said:
[quote="#1 Kemp fan":k7ncyya9]Don't the dogs have Ben Barba??? I'd say Ben Hunt will go if Smith is played before him this season..

As much as I love Locky, I'd almost prefer he gave the game away earlier than later to let a youngster like Hunt establish himself, rather than Locky playing 1-2 years too long and being very average.[/quote:k7ncyya9]
Massive agree, I kind of almost wanted Lockyer to retire this season/next season. :oops:

Big Pete said:

Indeed.

Dog's can have him, I still can't see why people rate Hunt so high... Anyways....

forward_pass said:
Dog's can have him, I still can't see why people rate Hunt so high... Anyways....

Yeah I know. He hasn't played Origin or Test football yet, or won a premiership, or even played a match winning role in first grade.

Geez, he's had 2 games of first grade, what's wrong with him?

#1 Kemp fan said:
[quote="Big Pete":2yh1egom]Did anyone else have the same 'f**k off' Bulldogs reaction I did?

Yes I had that reaction but it is the way the NRL works.. Certain clubs develop talented youngsters while others can't so they buy everyone elses talent.

BULLDOG SCUM!![/quote:2yh1egom]

It's the way LIFE works - if an employer is willing to pay your more and give you an opportunity you'd be a dickhead not to take it.

If he leaves, he leaves. If he stays, great. But there are plenty of other young halfbacks out there. The dogs are just playing the game, and since they've got rid of deadwood like Maitua, SBW etc., they've actually been able to afford decent players who aren't wankers.

Je$ter said:
[quote="#1 Kemp fan":2we4bx9r][quote="Big Pete":2we4bx9r]Did anyone else have the same 'f**k off' Bulldogs reaction I did?

BULLDOG SCUM!![/quote:2we4bx9r]

It's the way LIFE works - if an employer is willing to pay your more and give you an opportunity you'd be a dickhead not to take it.

If he leaves, he leaves. If he stays, great. But there are plenty of other young halfbacks out there. The dogs are just playing the game, and since they've got rid of deadwood like Maitua, SBW etc., they've actually been able to afford decent players who aren't wankers.[/quote:2we4bx9r]

Yeah my issue is we've spent several years and lots of money developing Hunt, so it'd be a massive shame for that work to go to the benefit of the Bulldogs.

Meanwhile, Tim Smith walks along and may leapfrog Hunt in the pecking order and get a long term deal? To me that's shit.

But my thoughts on the matter are well known.

Coxy said:
Je$ter said:
[quote="#1 Kemp fan":17dyok4f][quote="Big Pete":17dyok4f]Did anyone else have the same 'f**k off' Bulldogs reaction I did?

BULLDOG SCUM!!

If he leaves, he leaves. If he stays, great. But there are plenty of other young halfbacks out there. The dogs are just playing the game, and since they've got rid of deadwood like Maitua, SBW etc., they've actually been able to afford decent players who aren't wankers.[/quote:17dyok4f]

Yeah my issue is we've spent several years and lots of money developing Hunt, so it'd be a massive shame for that work to go to the benefit of the Bulldogs.

Meanwhile, Tim Smith walks along and may leapfrog Hunt in the pecking order and get a long term deal? To me that's shit.

But my thoughts on the matter are well known.[/quote:17dyok4f]

I can't see the Broncos letting go of Ben Hunt without a fight. I mean, he's been signed iwth the club since he was 12. Tim Smith will have a good year this year and move onto another club next year.

We could have the same discussion on any of our young players, nobody wants to see them go else where and yet the reality is that we have 3 half backs when there is only 1 position. Not sure why anyone would question the skills of Tim Smith I think we are lucky to have him and Wallace SHOULD be nervous. Hunt might become a good player, then again he might not. It's easy to blame Cullen for letting him go (god knows he's made some shockers of recent times), however if you were CEO and a young player gets a good offer from another club, what would you be saying to him? Gee fella we know you might develop into a good player but these other 2 blokes are just better right now, how about you hang around until one of them leaves, gets injuried or retires? Really interested in what you guys would think the Broncos could offer him to stay.

I'd tend to agree with Je$ter - you don't invest the time and effort into a half the way the club has done with Hunt without showing that you're keen to keep him. Look at the fact we kept Joel Moon when the Storm wanted him for an example.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Manofoneway
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.