Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
nah give them Wallace

J

joshobro

NYC Player
Jun 22, 2009
I hope Hunt stays but if he can't handle the competition from Tim Smith than let him go. Finally at the club we have depth in the halves and I would rather keep Smith if Ben Hunt turns out to be yet another one of the talked up players like Seymour and Moon that basically do nothing. He looks the goods in toyota cup but that's still a big step away from NRL. If Tim Smith is playing well and deserves the chance in front of Hunt than I am stoked that we have him. I see this as only a good thing it could turn Hunt into the next big thing because of the competition. We could just get rid of Wallace, one less new south welshman in our team haha.

Burg

Burg

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
joshobro said:
I hope Hunt stays but if he can't handle the competition from Tim Smith than let him go. Finally at the club we have depth in the halves and I would rather keep Smith if Ben Hunt turns out to be yet another one of the talked up players like Seymour and Moon that basically do nothing. He looks the goods in toyota cup but that's still a big step away from NRL. If Tim Smith is playing well and deserves the chance in front of Hunt than I am stoked that we have him. I see this as only a good thing it could turn Hunt into the next big thing because of the competition. We could just get rid of Wallace, one less new south welshman in our team haha.
Could not agree more. [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Except Smith has zero loyalty to the Broncos and will take the first decent offer from another NRL club he gets.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
Except Smith has zero loyalty to the Broncos and will take the first decent offer from another NRL club he gets.

In your opinion. [icon_wink

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Well why would he have loyalty to the Broncos? He doesn't have a contract with us directly, he's signed to Easts and is dual registered so he has a chance to play for the Broncos if the need should arise.

To me he's not a Bronco and has to prove himself before he gets a shot. Hunt at least has served his time and apprenticeship.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
Well why would he have loyalty to the Broncos?

Because we're 'giving him a chance'. That might count for something in his mind, it might not.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Meat77 said:
In his mind? I doubt it.

Sharks fan growing up but says his heart is now in Brisbane and he feels loyalty to the Broncos.

F

forward_pass

QCup Player
Mar 12, 2008
Coxy said:
forward_pass said:
Dog's can have him, I still can't see why people rate Hunt so high... Anyways....

Yeah I know. He hasn't played Origin or Test football yet, or won a premiership, or even played a match winning role in first grade.

Geez, he's had 2 games of first grade, what's wrong with him?

Sorry, I forgot the only footy I ever watch is on TV...

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Thats ok I forgive you and am glad you can admit when wrong.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
I've said it before - I don't think he is exceptional. Barba is better, however I don't blame the Bulldogs for looking around. How erratic would a Barba/Roberts halves pairing be? From a recruitment point of view it's critical that Bruno/Ivan keep either him or Smith for 2012. If he would uproot to chase a starting spot next year rather than wait an extra year serving an apprenticeship under one of the best halves the game has ever seen than good luck to him...

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
The Broncos may not be the club that makes Ben Hunt a superstar. He might never make it. The fact they shied away from him for the prelim vs the Storm is an indication of where they think he is at.

Perhaps he is Tim Smith 3 years ago potential unrealised.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Who cares if he goes to another club. We've hardly used him, and it will keep in line with the Broncos policy of, if a player has potential, get rid of him.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Taylor out of the equation - and to be honest, I don't think we know the full story with him - I can't remember the last gun junior the Broncos let go. They don't keep the dudds, let me tell you.

Honestly, it's the death knell for a player to leave here before establishing themselves in our top squad. I couldn't think of another player that has gone on to make it. I'd be quite comfortable with the decision if Hunt left.

We have the most accurate long term talent identification record in the league IMO.

Unread

Active Now

• Galah
  • Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • theshed
  • Fozz
  • Battler
  • MrMoore
  • lakers133334
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brocko
  • Scorchie
  • Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • RodF
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Alec
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.