Bulldogs in the Hunt for Ben Hunt

With Benny as coach we did indeed but this is a new ball game for Brisbane.

Does Ivan have the same vision?

Can't be anyworse than the final years of Wayne's tenure in Brisbane.

Nashy said:
Who cares if he goes to another club. We've hardly used him, and it will keep in line with the Broncos policy of, if a player has potential, get rid of him.
Thats a very interesting statement Nashy, which Broncos junior has left and has kicked on and played any type of rep football?

I will be pissed if he goes and becomes great without our team not even giving him a decent chance to prove himself here. It is hard though Tim Smith is a huge talent and he basically fell in our lap so it does make it a very hard situation if either Wallace or Lockyer get hurt because we have a ready made option there who is likely to handle the pressure vs a kid who could be better but could also not handle it at all.

I still think that they should have risked him in that final against Melbourne, and I really wonder about the thought processes that went into the selections that they did make. It would knock my confidence if I were him to think that the Club did not think I was up to playing in a game like that.

My thoughts on Ben Hunt are well known. I am not dimissing Tim Smith either and hope that he can come back to form. It is great that there is competition for first grade spots, but fact is it is highly unlikely we will keep them both. If Hunt gets the opportunites and doesn't quite come up to scratch and we let him go - so be it. But I will be seriously pissed if he leaves without being given a REAL opportunity at the Broncos to prove himself - will be even more pissed if he then becomes a superstar for someone else who is willing to give him the opportunity.

Well if we're going to let Hunt go we need to sign up Tim Smith long term IMO.

Let him go and sign a 1 yr contract with the dogs, get exp with them, Locky retires at the end off 2011 hunt comes back home with a years worth of 1st grade exp.

Broncos are in a hard position though.. They know what Lockyer had done for the club and don;t want to push him out yet they want to keep Ben Hunt and Tim Smith.. Tim Smith is really too good to let go we know how good he can be whilst we are still left wondering about Ben Hunt. Also everything depends on whether Wallace and the rumours about him wanting to go back to Sydney being true!!

Wallace has got a 4 year contract hasn't he?

If wallace is wanting to go back to Sydney let him. "Sell" him to the dogs maybe. Allow us then to keep Smith and Hunt with Locky set to retire anytime.

ONLY! if Wallace is indeed wanting to go back to Sydney. Otherwise its cya l8r Hunt or Smith

I think we've all seen this coming in the last year. He's going to be a great first league player, Maybe just not for the Broncos. With T Smith here we will see if he handles it and performs.

Why would the **** want to go to Sydney anyway?

Nashy said:
Why would the **** want to go to Sydney anyway?

It was a rumour around last season, it may not even be true..

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Spoon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • davidp
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Lurker
  • Foordy
  • TimWhatley
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.