Bulldogs vs Souths

Hasler dealt with the fallout professionally at the press conference, like he said it's in the rule book somewhere but he was more concerned about the non-penalty of Morris being interfered with during the last kick-off.

I thought the Dogs player pushed the Bunnies player into Morris, it was just a bit of a chain reaction in a tight jostle for position.

Phil Gould was saying it he was entitled to charge the kick down and it shouldn't have been a penalty ...

I wonder if he would have said that if it was a QLD or Broncos player that did what Graham did...

actually we don't have to wonder, because i recall him blowing up deluxe when Steve Price used to charge down kicks a similar way

I don't blame the fans and players for being pissed off.

You can be pissed off if it happened to your club, but to throw an object at officials is wrong.

It's always Dogs fans that are during it.

Graham loses his shit with the refs most games.

Yeah yeah he has passion for the game. Heard it all before.

Last edited:
He attacked the legs of a kicker, mid-kick. It's a penalty. Doesn't matter that there was no intention to injure the player, I'm sure 90% of the time when a player lands on his head from a lifting tackle the defender would be going in for a regulation tackle.

Graham's conduct was unacceptable, Bulldogs should have gotten a penalty for the Morris push though, and had their captain not gone off like a rabid dog the refs might've been more inclined to give it.

There were a lot of incidents in this game. I thought refs were on the dogs side until the second half.
But then the Doggies didnt do themselves any favours particulalry the one with Isaac Luke.
I didnt really see Morris boot contact Luke but it shouldnt have have been there anyway. The two tacklers were high and then Kasiano kneed him in the head and sat on him.

He attacked the legs of a kicker, mid-kick. It's a penalty. Doesn't matter that there was no intention to injure the player, I'm sure 90% of the time when a player lands on his head from a lifting tackle the defender would be going in for a regulation tackle.

Graham's conduct was unacceptable, Bulldogs should have gotten a penalty for the Morris push though, and had their captain not gone off like a rabid dog the refs might've been more inclined to give it.

They were actually talking to Michael Crocker on ABC grandstand, they asked him h=if he every acted like that as a captain (because he was known to be a passionate player) and he said that when he was captain he always tried to remain cool and just ask the ref why the decision was given, then relay that to his team ... because if he went off at refs, they would never give 50/50 calls his teams way

The bottle throwing came from the members stand.

Just saw the footage of the bottle throwing.

A true piece of shit act. Utter scum.

I have a sick sense of humour.

An official was taken to hospital with concussion. He is the concussion official.

Yes I laughed when I heard he was the concussion official.

OK, crawling back under my rock.
hide_under_rock_by_mirz123-d37upz0.gif

An official was taken to hospital with concussion. He is the concussion official.

Who gives the concussion test to the concussion testers!?

Does anyone who believe's it's a correct decision have a specific law to reference? Because I can't find anything other than Section 15, which I think Nashy's screenshot covers pretty well.

Does anyone who believe's it's a correct decision have a specific law to reference? Because I can't find anything other than Section 15, which I think Nashy's screenshot covers pretty well.

10.(a)If a player fouls an opponent who is attempting a drop goal, a penalty kick shall be awarded in front of the goal posts. (b)If the attempt at drop goal is successful, a kick at goal must be taken from the penalty kick and play re-started from the centre of the halfway line irrespective of the outcome of that kick. (c)If the attempt at drop goal is unsuccessful, the penalty kick can be taken in any manner provided for in the Laws and play re-started according to the outcome of that kick.

Though it's 2013 edition.

http://www.nrl.com/portals/nrl/RadEd...02013FINAL.pdf

The ref is heard to mention field goal, after awarding the penalty.

Thanks Kaz, yeah that's the same one I was looking at too.

It doesn't really say what "foul" means right there, but the top of S13 indicates that we should look in S15. In which case I reckon it's not a penalty, (see 15(j) at the top of p39, which is Nashy's screenshot), because Graham was well and truly committed to the dive before Reynolds kicked the ball.

It's all academic now though!

Pretty sad ending to what was a quality game. Couldn't believe it as Graham went for the ball not the man and even called for the medics.

Poor behaviour from the Canterbury fans. Ive given it to refs on many occasions but I haven't thrown bottles.

Last edited:
It's a horrible accident, but no penalty. Graham was committed into the block well before Reynolds kicks.

No doubt about it, we're going to hell together.

Pretty sad ending to what was a quality game. Couldn't believe it as Graham went for the ball not the man and even called for the medics.

It's a horrible accident, but no penalty. Graham was committed into the block well before Reynolds kicks.

Gotta disagree. Graham didn't need to dive that low. Anything that low around the legs is definitely a penalty.

Active Now

• Santa
  • arieals
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.