Buying the Broncos

B

Bronco bob

NYC Player
Aug 9, 2012
Hi Guys

I wanted all of your opinion on this. I work in Finance and buy and sell companies. I have been very successful at this and within the next few years I will have enough money to make a dream come true and try and buy the Broncos. I know that News limited is the majority share holder and holds 68% and I know that they are not looking to sell. The one thing I have learnt from my career is that anything is for sale at the right price.

As members how would you feel about this? Would you do this if in my position? Probably a stupid question haha.

As much as I like BHQ, it's not really a dream of mine to own it.

Buy and fire Hoffman, Norman also if he doesn't succeed at fullback.

Obviously the precedent was set with Russell Crow and also Tinkler and from the outside looking in, I don't think they took a active role in coaching and recruitment. If I was to do this I will be very active in player recruitment and how the team plays.

If this all comes off, I will be making a big offer for Locker to come on as coach. Hopefully by the time this can happen, he will have a 1 or 2 years of assistant coaching. I think we can all agree, unless some big changes are made we don't look like winning a premiership anytime soon. To me the biggest thing behind this is the recruitment strategy and the coaching. We are a proud and successful club but we are loosing our stigma. One thing I will be actively going is trying to bring back successful Queenslanders. Back in the day most of all the Queenslanders played for us, I know things have changed but we need to get some of that back.

This club needs changes to be made

It would need a members vote to be passed. On the limited info you have, how would you vote?

Is this Clive Palmer ? ...................or Mrs palmer and her five daughters

Maybe when you buy them you can fire the recruitment people and hire us, what could possibly go wrong? :thumbup1:

Yes I was waiting for a comment like this, there is always some hate and smart arse comments on this forum. I am going to reframe from coming back at you with anything. Obviously there isn't really a way for me to prove to you that I have the financial ability to buy the broncos and if I was in your position I would probably be thinking the same thing. I have been thinking about this for years and recently found this site to talk Broncos and I just thought I would put it out there for an option.

If you have been buying and selling companies for years and been as successful as you claim it's easy to check as your name would appear on company registers and be public knowledge. All you have to do is name a few of your past business deals and we can check that you are not full of shit.

Well from being on this site, the majority of you are very "football smart" and know the changes that need to be made. As I have been a massive fan of the broncos my whole life and I was just an average Joe struggling up until the age of 24, I am going to give members a bigger say and let them have a voice in how the team is run. If we don't make the 8 one year or limp into it like last year, the while team will be sitting in front of members and answering questions.

rtql4l.jpg

Very good Dexter, you know what your talking about. As much as I would love to do so, to prove all the haters wrong, I can't have my name leaking out about this. Do you really think someone in my postion would release their name on a website for everyone to see, I see you throwing your real name about. The main reason I did this is because it is anonymous. Look I don't really care if you believe me or not, just humor me and think that this is a possibility.

Hmmm. If you buy them, stay out of the football side of things. Good businessman you may be, huge fan you may be, but leave football matters to football people

I reckon the share price will be well down by the end of the year. Wait till then.

Yes I do agree Coxy but if you were in that position and saw what is going on, would you not speak up. Especially when you invested so much. This investment is not to make a profit on my money obviously I could get a lot better ROI by putting the capital to work in my current business. NFL and English football managers have a big say in the sporting side.

Unless I have a really good year this year, I won't be able to afford it until 2014/15. As you can imagine my wife isn't to happy on the idea and I had to make a deal with her to agree to it. Though I would have done it anyway, but a happy wife equals a happy life. I am overseas a lot so I won't be able to be that hands on

As shareholder you can vote for changes to the board, or even a place on the board. Then you have some say.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Mighty Bronx
  • ettybay
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.