Cam Smith & Melbourne's Wrestling/Grappling.

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
Hammo said:
last|soldier said:
I guess I'm uneducated.

I doubt you're uneducated, just misguided.

You hate a facet of the game, but you shouldn't hate the players that are manipulating the facet. You should be petitioning the NRL to outlaw it. After all, it is them you hate, they are the ones allowing it to continue.

I hate Head high tackles. Like the ones Crocker has been allowed to get away with against Kemp. I don't even think he has been charged!?

Yeah I initially heard he might be up for review but heard nothing further so I doubt it.

I can see your point about hating the NRL. I still don't think it means I shouldn't hate the players that do it. After all, most players in the NRL seem to be able to tackle without doing what Smith/Quinn did.

mal said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSu-uOiUz7E

Enough said.

Lol, I could no doubt go through every single club and do a 2 minute video of them doing grapple tackles.

Everyone does it, but as I said, Melbourne are the best exponents of it. And they win, so therefore every cracks shits because they win and bend the rules. Like Hammo said, until the NRL becomes consistnet in their rulings it isn't cheating. There have been a lot worse get away scot free for years.

If Smith gets off, it just shows the NRL isn't serious about cracking down on contact with the head or neck.

Hammo said:
Coxy said:
LOL! As if it'd happen.

And even if it did, the Broncos wouldn't tolerate the life threatening practices the Storm so readily practice and condone.

They condoned tripping for 2 seasons. eusa_think

Tripping..............hahahahahaha Gfed tripping.

Where.........all I saw was Langer use a judo throw, hands hit first, roll hip and shoulders while guiding your opponent over your leg.... tripping is sticking your leg out and said opponent falling over because of your leg and nothing else...

Tripping....your the one thats tripping.

You touch the head of a player while in the act of making a tackle, have it be while standing or while on the ground, penalty and it gets looked at. Clear cut pure and simple. And I don't want players becoming skirts like Union playing Hammo over there.... hes the limping Ranga...hit hard and fast boys, just leave the head alone IMO.

tripping.....mwahahahahahahaha thats funny,

Hammo said:
I just hope all the hate will still be there, when Cam leads us out in Round 1, 2010!

He wont come.

Now Smith wants Thaiday to grapple with a moral bind

Broncos forward Sam Thaiday may be approached to give evidence on behalf of Cam Smith as the Melbourne captain attempts to beat a grapple tackle charge that could end his season and rule him out of the Australian side for the official World Cup opener against New Zealand.

With Smith facing the prospect of being suspended for Friday's preliminary final against Cronulla and the following weekend's grand final if the Storm beat the Sharks, it is understood he is considering asking his Queensland and Australia teammate to testify at tonight's judiciary hearing.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/no ... 41462.html

Appear in a neck brace.

To say what exactly?

"Yeah, he put me in a grapple while the other dude did a chicken wing, it hurt, it was dangerous, and I got up swining"

gUt said:
When has this idea ever worked anyway?

While the charge against Smith has been described as a test case in the war against grapple tackles, a hearing two years ago that was considered equally significant at the time resulted in Parramatta's Nathan Hindmarsh being exonerated after his alleged victim, Adrian Morley, gave evidence on his behalf.

Victims of dangerous tackled should never be able to/get asked to give evidence to defend the accused. It's ridiculous.

Kaz said:
gUt said:
When has this idea ever worked anyway?

While the charge against Smith has been described as a test case in the war against grapple tackles, a hearing two years ago that was considered equally significant at the time resulted in Parramatta's Nathan Hindmarsh being exonerated after his alleged victim, Adrian Morley, gave evidence on his behalf.

I vaguely remember that now. Pretty sure the ploy has failed more often than not. I guess the finals thing makes it different.

Yeah, think Sam said all he had to say on the field at the time.

I also thought this article was interesting:

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/so ... 41457.html

A wrestling coach (at the Broncos) says this kind of move wouldn't even be allowed in a wrestling match because it's so dangerous. He also says that you can't really blame the refs because they simply don't know what they're looking at. They need to be educated in wrestling moves themselves to be able to rule fairly on the game.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Behold
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.