Cam Smith & Melbourne's Wrestling/Grappling.

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I actually think the Roosters are just as dirty if not dirtier than the storm. I wish they copped some penalties for their off the ball tackles. And did anyone see Tupou's tackle grinding his elbow into Kirk's kidney's??? I thought it ironic that he was the one that ended up in hospital for kidney damage.

So it's not just the storm that are dirty thugs...

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Exactly. Fleeting contact with the head or neck I can cop. But he had his arm around Sam's neck for seconds. Easily could have and SHOULD have released.

Must be suspended.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I find the funniest thing, that Ennis' biggest lover, is appalled by Smith's on field behaviour....lol.
*************************************************************************************************************************************
Scotty; Do you remember when Broncos were the "cheats" because Alf (and Walters) used the legs in tackles? That went on for ages, Broncos were slandered constantly. It took the NSWRL to act, before that form of tackle was taken out of the game. Blame the NRL, not the Storm.

*************************************************************************************************************************************
I'm not saying I like grappling, far from it, what I'm trying to explain (and Jester as well) is that the Storm aren't the only grapplers in RL. I firmly believe that on this forum, they could be giving flowers to war-widows and people would find a reason to slander them.

Smith will go, Storm will still win and then it will be then be some other Storm players fault for all the evil in the world.

The tactics the Storm employ are flirting with the rules of the game, no doubt, however like I have said for 3 seasons now....unless the NRL act, why would they not use these tactics. It has helped them to become the most doiminant force in RL, since 1989.

The anger on here toward the Storm in general, is misguided and plain uneducated.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Hammo usually I try to not get on the Storm haters' bandwagon but that tackle on Thaiday must be punished. There is merit in what Tallis said about carry-over points not counting towards the finals. I think that's reasonable. However even if Smith had a clean sheet, what he did to Thaiday deserves at least a week.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
Hammo - Give me an example of something Ennis has done to intentionally, dangerously hurt another player?

Prowler tackle on Gidley vs. Newcastle.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Je$ter said:
[quote="The Rock":iylmjqn1]Hammo - Give me an example of something Ennis has done to intentionally, dangerously hurt another player?

Prowler tackle on Gidley vs. Newcastle.[/quote:iylmjqn1]

Je$ter said:
It's ridiculous that people keep making up names of holds and stuff just because it looks like it hurts. Toughen up.

[icon_lol1. I happen to agree with you tho. Sick and tired of the media's influence over what happens on the field. They label something a Deathtrap tackle or a Power Slam or whatever and the refs all think there's something they've been missing. It's footy not Tekken.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
[quote="Je$ter":3miygjq1][quote="The Rock":3miygjq1]Hammo - Give me an example of something Ennis has done to intentionally, dangerously hurt another player?

Prowler tackle on Gidley vs. Newcastle.[/quote:3miygjq1]

Come on, that was rubbish and barely anything in it.

Anything else?

Ennis is not the style of player to go out of his way or to attempt something dangerous on regular basis.[/quote:3miygjq1]

If you can say that was rubbish what makes it any different to Cam Smith? What Ennis did was a cheap shot, no better than a grapple tackle.

Smith never intended to go out of his way to cause harm, he went out there to dominate the tackle using techniques he has been taught that every single club employ!.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I seriously can't believe people are trying to defend that tackle. [icon_lol1.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Only Storm apologists like Jester, and fans like Hammo.

G

Seen this comment from Gyer on Brisbanetimes.com.au. He seems to be against the thought of Smith missing a grand final for his tackle. But then he goes and contradicts himself.....

"Let's get rid of the carryover points, the discounts, the loadings, it's all crap.

"If someone keeps offending and coming up before the judiciary, keep increasing his time on the sidelines until he gets the message.

Ahhh good one mate. People who stick up for Smith don't have a leg to stand on. It's against the rules, he got charged once already this year (not to mention the amount of times he's gone uncited) and he does it again. Tough luck mate! It sucks I know but that's the whole idea of the loading system. He obviously didn't learnt he first time so you get a loading this time.

Think of the alternative. Changing the rules for the finals? Firstly how unfair would that be to all the other teams and players that played under normal rules for the entire season and imagine the game! It would be open slather! High shots, chicken wings, grapples, knees, everything! It'd be more like a case of ultimate fighting!

ok maybe a slight exageration.....

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I just heard a comment by Waldron (Storm CEO) on fox sports news. He said the Cam Smith tackle on Thaiday was "not outside the spirit of the game" WTF? Someone needs to explain that to me

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Waldron doesn't have a clue about the NRL he is a good business man and that is all.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
Only Storm apologists like Jester, and fans like Hammo.

For a man who believes himself to be more educated then well, the rest of humanity, I have to LOL at that Coxy. However, I am a little disappointed as skim reading is a forum taboo.

Hammo said:
FTR; Smith should get 2 weeks, but the over the top ranting is what is LOL'able, not the people defending this charge.

Hammo said:
Smith will go, Storm will still win and then it will be then be some other Storm players fault for all the evil in the world.

Now, to defend yourself, quote this and insert a witty "fishing" remark.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
[quote="Je$ter":2cadmawn][quote="The Rock":2cadmawn][quote="Je$ter":2cadmawn][quote="The Rock":2cadmawn]Hammo - Give me an example of something Ennis has done to intentionally, dangerously hurt another player?

Prowler tackle on Gidley vs. Newcastle.[/quote:2cadmawn]

Anything else?

Ennis is not the style of player to go out of his way or to attempt something dangerous on regular basis.[/quote:2cadmawn]

If you can say that was rubbish what makes it any different to Cam Smith? What Ennis did was a cheap shot, no better than a grapple tackle.

Smith never intended to go out of his way to cause harm, he went out there to dominate the tackle using techniques he has been taught that every single club employ!.[/quote:2cadmawn]

Except for some reason, the Melbourne Storm and Cameron Smith tend to be the WORST offenders. [icon_shru[/quote:2cadmawn]

Or the best at doing it?

You have all missed the point and Mal's 2007 URL highlights that exact point.

The Storm have been doing this for 3 years now. Until the NRL stops them, it will continue and it isn't "cheating". Direct your anger at the lack of action by the NRL.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Hammo said:
The Rock said:
[quote="Je$ter":2olvh1qw][quote="The Rock":2olvh1qw][quote="Je$ter":2olvh1qw][quote="The Rock":2olvh1qw]Hammo - Give me an example of something Ennis has done to intentionally, dangerously hurt another player?

Prowler tackle on Gidley vs. Newcastle.

Anything else?

Ennis is not the style of player to go out of his way or to attempt something dangerous on regular basis.[/quote:2olvh1qw]

Smith never intended to go out of his way to cause harm, he went out there to dominate the tackle using techniques he has been taught that every single club employ!.[/quote:2olvh1qw]

Except for some reason, the Melbourne Storm and Cameron Smith tend to be the WORST offenders. [icon_shru[/quote:2olvh1qw]

Or the best at doing it?

You have all missed the point and Mal's 2007 URL highlights that exact point.

The Storm have been doing this for 3 years now. Until the NRL stops them, it will continue and it isn't "cheating". Direct your anger at the lack of action by the NRL.[/quote:2olvh1qw]

No.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Brocko
  • RolledOates
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • BRC088
  • MasterWright
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.