Cam Smith

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Smith will equal Lockyer on Wednesday for most games played (36). If Smith plays 75 minutes he will also have the most minutes played.

Lockyer 2812
Smith 2738

Smith already has the most wins ever on 21.
Smith also has the most tackles 1308,

Smith will equal Lockyer on Wednesday for most games played (36). If Smith plays 75 minutes he will also have the most minutes played.

Lockyer 2812
Smith 2738

Smith already has the most wins ever on 21.
Smith also has the most tackles 1308,
I think I read that he has made 500 more tackles than the next best tackler, Gary Larson as well ! Huge performances from an iron man in a bankers body ( not original but apt )

Truly great performance by the games best ever hooker.

I think he's only missed one game since he made his debut in the final Origin of 2003? The one where Ballin' replaced him and actually went pretty well.

Locky's record is in jeopardy. Kneecap Smith, pronto!

Funny how we don't call Cam Smith a cheat every time his name is mentioned....just commenting on perspective is all.

Why would they?

Onya Smithy. Easily a Top 5 Origin player and the best hooker I've ever seen.

Mal needs to take Cam off after 73 minutes, when we're up by 30... :spy:

Why would they?

Onya Smithy. Easily a Top 5 Origin player and the best hooker I've ever seen.
Because he plays for the 'cheating Storm' . He ,following BHQ logic must be a cheat. I of course don't support that way of thinking. I think he's a legend.....

Turn it up mate, that logic has never been applied on here, let alone been so well established that it's become consensus on BHQ.

For one thing, I've never seen people derail threads on Ricky Stuart as a cheat despite playing for the Raiders. Most have enough common sense not to blame the players for the club's inability to handle the finances.

It isn't like Smithy is that popular on here anyways. A few posters simply 'hate them Melbourne players' and usually rip in whenever they can.

Start another topic if you must but this thread is to honor one of the greatest players to ever represent a state many people on here are proud of.

Ironman. Always respected the guy regardless of the Storm debacle.

Though I really hate coming up against him, never plays a bad game against Brisbane.

I just found it interesting that there is no mention of his past even though as one of the big four during the rort he must have been involved. I'm not interested in starting a new thread on how we have different standards for those we like. I think we should honour ​Smith for his achievements .

I just found it interesting that there is no mention of his past even though as one of the big four during the rort he must have been involved. I'm not interested in starting a new thread on how we have different standards for those we like. I think we should honour ​Smith for his achievements .

Oh, I hate the Storm and everyone potentially involved in the rort. But in this case, he's playing for Queensland. They might not all have been playing for the Storm, but they'd be in the NRL. There is no salary cap for Origin, so thankfully I can support him and not be a hypocrite.

The only possible argument to bag out the rort's potential implications for the Qld side is that maybe they would all be playing for different clubs and therefore not have the combinations as clinical between the 3 of them. But even then it relates more to Slater & Cronk.

I disagree; as the Foran case has shown this week. Players have no clue what they're signing or what is in their contract. Foran had a million dollar handshake and didn't know or the club.

You can and should argue it's their job to know and they should take an interest if they're putting their name to something but you're kidding if you think they all do.

Plenty have the attitude I give my manager 10% to worry about things, bring me things and I will sign it.

It would be pretty easy for a club to be dodgy and players never know.

In other words
Preview

In other words
Preview
That really made me 'laugh out loud' ! I love it that there are few who can genuinely read between the lines and read the invisible bits so clearly...well done, well done ! 1910s post made me giggle a little too as I made that same argument about players trusting medicos...however I was told then that there are no excuses, each and every player is responsible for every single itty bitty thing....apparently ! Naturally that's not my view as I realise the players are human beings just like me....and not some gods who gain special abilities when they start getting paid to play a sport !

That really made me 'laugh out loud' ! I love it that there are few who can genuinely read between the lines and read the invisible bits so clearly...well done, well done ! 1910s post made me giggle a little too as I made that same argument about players trusting medicos...however I was told then that there are no excuses, each and every player is responsible for every single itty bitty thing....apparently ! Naturally that's not my view as I realise the players are human beings just like me....and not some gods who gain special abilities when they start getting paid to play a sport !

Special abilities. Like reading?

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.