Cameron Munster

Discussion in 'State of Origin 2017' started by Super Freak, Jul 12, 2017.

1. animal eater

animal eater QCup Player

Munster is a Monster

2. pagey

pagey NRL Captain

And he was a massive broncos supporter !

Sproj likes this.
  3. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

Munster will tell you the Broncos only showed interest after the Storm did and he wanted to stick with the Storm, Hetherington will also tell you he told the Broncos what he had over and over again.

Glasby was offered a Broncos train and trial position but he couldn't afford to give up accounting for a unpaid work in Brisbane training full time so stayed with CQ until the Storm came knocking with a full time gig.

I didn't do a great job of telling the story, hear it from the horses mouth.

Great interview, really good insight into the culture at Melbourne and how they keep the young players in check.

Also a bonus story about Kemp's 'soccer' try.

4. Battler

Battler NRL Captain

Well and truly proved the naysayers, including me, wrong last night. Long term, it's better for team balance if he's at FB, but he's locked himself into the team for the next decade off that performance last night.

Edit: Reading about how the Broncos scouts missed him is making me sick to my stomach.

Sproj likes this.
  5. Broncos Maestro

Broncos Maestro QCup Player

Did this all happen during the bloody Griffin era? It was bloody embarrassing the way he and Henjak butchered our club.

6. Foordy

Foordy

What about:

6. Munster
    7. Milford

Sproj likes this.
  7. QLD JANE

QLD JANE BRL Player

DCE better fit IMO if we playing Munster at 6.

8. Alec

Alec International Rep

I have a feeling Milford might have to suck it up until Munster moves back to fullback.

Number6 likes this.
  9. Old Mate

Old Mate NRL Player

Munster beats him for sure.

10. Milford to be a Bronco during the origin period. The less Broncos the better.

broncospwn, GKDonkey and Accept like this.
  11. Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct NRL Captain

I would like to see Milford play Origin. Means he is one of the best players in the games and is reaching his potential.

If he is not playing Origin he definitely won't be playing anywhere near his potential.

holdzy89 likes this.
  12. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

Hopefully Milford fights for his spot and we see the results. But I assume Smith, Cronk and Slater will insist to Kevie that they want Munster there. Maybe Morgan to be in the centres and Milf the utility? Who knows. A year is a long time in footy, anything could happen.

Number6 and holdzy89 like this.
  13. BroncsFan

BroncsFan NRL Player

It will be interesting to see the halves next year. At this stage there is no one putting their hand up to be that go to half after cooper and JT are gone. Looking at the contenders:

DCE - lets Green do the halfback role and he chimes in when he sees something. Could play the dominant role for QLD but can he play to their structure. He would also need a competent half to get the team around and reduce pressure on him

Milf - was starting to take control of the broncs when hunt went down. Hopefully he continues this development upon return, because the broncs will need him to be a dominant on ball half as of next year. I think he can do it and if he does he's assured of an origin jersey.

Munster - put in a great debut but appears destined for fullback when billy gives it away. Just not sure if he could carry the load without cooper there

Morgan - surprising me with how he's playing given JT is out. Will be interesting to see how he goes the rest of the year... can't base it on the cows alone as everyone knows the kind of BS bias they get from the refs

Hunt - doesn't appear ready at this stage will need to see how he goes in a new environment and structure at drags... appears to have the backing of Kevvie though which could be telling.

Norman - looked a million dollars at the start of the year but has taken a noticeable back seat since Moses joined the eels.

Ash - appears a bit raw; however surprising to me he is already 22 and will be entering his 3rd year of top flight football. JT debuted for Qld at around the same age and with less first grade experience. However, he did have an origin legend as his halves partner.

Who knows how it will pan out next year, but we definitely have options. It could be given to whoever is showing the best form leading into origin.

Long term though
    1. Munster
    6. Milf
    7. Ash

14. Morgan

Looks alright to me

Number6 likes this.
  14. 6. Munster
    7. Cherry-Evans

That seems to be the obvious choice at the moment.

With Milford playing more of a halfback role this year, he could slot in there. Taylor, as good as he is, is still a couple of years away from playing as a starting half IMO, but I wouldn't mind seeing him on the bench. Plus, I would hate for QLD to throw him in too early and ruin him.

15. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Yep, conundrum for the Broncos.

Like some others have said I think Milf plays game 3 if he wasn't injured. Would have carved up too.

We probably wouldn't have carved up in the origin period in '15 if Hunt and Milf had both somehow wound up playing Origin, despite their form being Origin worthy in '15.

Ideally, cake and eat it too like Melbourne would be nice.

Porthoz likes this.
  16. That maybe so. I'm very much on the side of less Broncos is better. Milford for mine hasn't shown he actually deserves selection. But hey, neither did Hunt.

17. BroncsFan

BroncsFan NRL Player

2015 is a good point, but we had them both for 2016 and not playing origin may have hit them hard mentally.

They didn't play because of the ban, but leading up to origin milf was untouchable and not being there could've been the wall that he hit and resulted in the massive form drop. In future years he could be playing well and not get the reward which could be a bitter pill and if Milf ends up being constantly overlooked it may start to weigh him down over time.

Will be interesting to see how he plays this back end of the season. On the back of an origin birth and the wanting to be there next year

18. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Hopefully his head is right, Kev loves him but his priority now is winning us a GF.

19. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

He didn't **** up at least, which was 50/50.