Cameron Munster

I would like to see Milford play Origin. Means he is one of the best players in the games and is reaching his potential.

If he is not playing Origin he definitely won't be playing anywhere near his potential.

That maybe so. I'm very much on the side of less Broncos is better. Milford for mine hasn't shown he actually deserves selection. But hey, neither did Hunt.

Yep, conundrum for the Broncos.

Like some others have said I think Milf plays game 3 if he wasn't injured. Would have carved up too.

We probably wouldn't have carved up in the origin period in '15 if Hunt and Milf had both somehow wound up playing Origin, despite their form being Origin worthy in '15.

Ideally, cake and eat it too like Melbourne would be nice.
2015 is a good point, but we had them both for 2016 and not playing origin may have hit them hard mentally.

They didn't play because of the ban, but leading up to origin milf was untouchable and not being there could've been the wall that he hit and resulted in the massive form drop. In future years he could be playing well and not get the reward which could be a bitter pill and if Milf ends up being constantly overlooked it may start to weigh him down over time.

Will be interesting to see how he plays this back end of the season. On the back of an origin birth and the wanting to be there next year

2015 is a good point, but we had them both for 2016 and not playing origin may have hit them hard mentally.

They didn't play because of the ban, but leading up to origin milf was untouchable and not being there could've been the wall that he hit and resulted in the massive form drop. In future years he could be playing well and not get the reward which could be a bitter pill and if Milf ends up being constantly overlooked it may start to weigh him down over time.

Will be interesting to see how he plays this back end of the season. On the back of an origin birth and the wanting to be there next year

Hopefully his head is right, Kev loves him but his priority now is winning us a GF.

That maybe so. I'm very much on the side of less Broncos is better. Milford for mine hasn't shown he actually deserves selection. But hey, neither did Hunt.

He didn't **** up at least, which was 50/50.

They didn't give him a chance to! :porthozthinksthisishot:

I actually think they should have given him a bit longer, I reckon he could have scored with the roll QLD had.

DCE wont play for QLD again unless everyone else goes down.

I don't think Milford is Origin standard yet. For mine, he must be a good defender. Note I didn't say great. Milford is a bit below average defender and he should be good at least to be an Origin half . DCE or Hunt are better in they are at least more likely to get in the road rather than arm grab.

I don't think Milford is Origin standard yet. For mine, he must be a good defender. Note I didn't say great. Milford is a bit below average defender and he should be good at least to be an Origin half . DCE or Hunt are better in they are at least more likely to get in the road rather than arm grab.

So his first game in Origin wasn't enough to show that he will put his body on the line and his defence wouldn't be an issue?

I think we are hurting Milford by trying to turn him into a halfback. He's no Thurston IMO. He should be leaving the organising to someone else and looking for chances and opportunities and using his running game. That's what Munster was doing.

So his first game in Origin wasn't enough to show that he will put his body on the line and his defence wouldn't be an issue?
No, not really. I came away still concerned at Milfs spasmodic defence. More concerns are just lingering and I'd like to see a whole season of a similar standard produced, a consistent good without ever trying be impregnable.

I think that's a fallacy. In my opinion, Milford is really not that bad a defender as people make him out to be, and he showed this in SOO.
He also doesn't have the luxury of having a Matt Gillett covering his ass, and having to deal with pretty defensively dire centres most of his career at the Broncos.

Cronk may go around another year and I hope he does.

If he does, I think that pretty much guarantees Munster the 6 jersey if he is fit and firing come Origin next year. It would be extremely difficult to resist going with an all Storm spine.

I think Milford would need to be in 2015 form to overtake Munster in the pecking order.

I think we are hurting Milford by trying to turn him into a halfback. He's no Thurston IMO. He should be leaving the organising to someone else and looking for chances and opportunities and using his running game. That's what Munster was doing.

It's not like he can't have a running game if he gets moved to halfback. Locky still had one when he made the transition into the halves.

I think he should be running less, to be honest. I think he needs to pick his moments better on when he runs and when he doesn't.

I think Milford at his best is better than Munster from what I've seen but agree that Munster is in front at the moment.

I don't view Munster as a long term option in the 6 for QLD. He'll be in the team but I think Milford is best for the number 6.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • Mustafur
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.