NEWS Cameron Smith announces retirement

7:30pm Friday Night.
Parramatta have run out onto the field and are waiting. The Parramatta players limber up as they anticipate an easy win to start the season.

The lights darken... silence over takes Suncorp.

*BAM* Fireworks go up in unison.... as Cam Smith runs out onto the field in a Broncos jersey to 'Simply the Best' louder than its ever been played.

Broncos win 40-8.
I want whatever you are taking! 😅

Parramatta have run out onto the field and are waiting. The Parramatta players limber up as they anticipate an easy win to start the season.

*BAM* Fireworks go up in unison.... as Cam Smith runs out onto the field in a Broncos jersey to 'Simply the Best' louder than its ever been played.

Broncos win 40-8.

Hell of an entrance for a ball boy.

How so? Kevvie and the club are getting on with business.. Smith happens to be geographically close & the Broncos are keen if he is but they’re not jumping at shadows
Apparently, internet randoms without any access whatsoever to the Broncos hierarchy know exactly what is being said and negotiated behind closed doors.🙄

Broncos win 40-8.
Such a beautiful word portrait. Well done🌝

Broncos win 40-8.
Game starts at 7:05pm.

Or does everyone have to wait until 7:30pm because Cameron Smith?

If hypothetically speaking we signed Smith, how long would it take him to get up to speed? Fitness-wise he has done no real training since before the GF, he has never played at this club or with any of the current squad...

A month of fitness and training with the squad, before we could even consider running him out?

Last edited:
If hypothetically speaking we signed Smith, how long would it take him to get up to speed? Fitness-wise he has done no real training since before the GF, he has never played at this club or with any of the current squad...

A month of fitness and training with the squad, before we could even consider running him out?
It’s Smith. You’d play the first chance you could, even if it’s in short stints off the bench.

He’d be pretty handy to bring on to stop the second half fade outs.

Game starts at 7:05pm.
Or does everyone have to wait until 7:30pm because Cameron Smith?
I hope not, by 7:30 I plan to be either half cut because we are down by 30, or half cut because we are up by 30. Either way he's copping a empty once the lights come back up.

It’s Smith. You’d play the first chance you could, even if it’s in short stints off the bench.

He’d be pretty handy to bring on to stop the second half fade outs.
Correct, I'd start him instantly. He could gain fitness during the season! An unfit CS9 is still worth two fit average guys if that makes sense.

Broncos win 40-8.
9am Monday Morning

The NRL release a statement as follows:

The NRL have been forced to dock the Brisbane Broncos two points for playing an unnamed player without permission on Friday night. The club is also being fined an undisclosed amount and will be forced to play for no points throughout the 2021 season

9am Monday Morning

The NRL release a statement as follows:

The NRL have been forced to dock the Brisbane Broncos two points for playing an unnamed player without permission on Friday night. The club is also being fined an undisclosed amount and will be forced to play for no points throughout the 2021 season
You forgot to add the criminal investigation into the betting plunge which saw inordinate amounts of money plunged for the Broncos to get the wooden spoon for the second year running

How so? Kevvie and the club are getting on with business.. Smith happens to be geographically close & the Broncos are keen if he is but they’re not jumping at shadows
I sure Kevvie is getting on with business as he has a big job in front of him.
The rest of the broncos hierarchy would be better off forgetting about smith. He has become a distraction we don’t need.

I sure Kevvie is getting on with business as he has a big job in front of him.
The rest of the broncos hierarchy would be better off forgetting about smith. He has become a distraction we don’t need.

It's the media who are focusing on Smith ... not our hierarchy (and i doubt the Titans are either).

we've let him know that we are interested if he wants to play on ... then threw the ball into his court, and continued to prepare for the upcoming season without him.

history has shown that there is literally nothing we can do to stop Badel and co writing a story about this every second day.

Last edited:
It's the media who are focusing on Smith ... not our hierarchy (and i doubt the Titans are either).

we've let him know that we are interested if he wants to play on ... then threw the ball into our court, and continued to prepare for the upcoming season without him.

history has shown that there is literally nothing we can do to stop Badel and co writing a story about this every second day.
We could just say we are no longer interested and he won’t be coming.
That would knock everything on the head and might even get through Badels thick skull.

We could just say we are no longer interested and he won’t be coming.
That would knock everything on the head and might even get through Badels thick skull.

of course we could ... but it wouldn't be the smart play IMO.

besides, all that would do is have Badel change tack and write different stories about us and Smith

of course we could ... but it wouldn't be the smart play IMO.

besides, all that would do is have Badel change tack and write different stories about us and Smith
I don’t know what he would write though because there wouldn’t be anything to report although I suppose he could just make shit up as he is pretty good at that.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Old Mate
  • Jazza
  • Allo
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • NSW stables
  • barker
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • GCBRONCO
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • Strop
  • MrMoore
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.