Can we talk about the Pay/Klemmer hit job on an 19 yr old, 2nd gamer?

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
I really can't stand Klemmer, but even I don't think it was premeditated deliberate

It was, however, a clear penalty - every day of the week

An absolute ref howler to miss that one, but WB isn't whinging about it

Class act our Wayne

I know he isn't 100% perfect, but I'd rather he be on my team than against it

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Definitely a deliberate "big" tackle, to try and shake up the new kid on the block......the contact with the head however is just an accident. Penalty and move on IMO.

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
Haas will put Klemmer on his ass next broncos v Dog's, he will have something to prove. What goes around comes around

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I despise Klemmer as much as the next person but this one wasn't intentional. He checked on Haas afterwards, A Bulldog caught him when he was wobbly on his feet and Klemmer made an effort to wrap the arm in the hit.

It was just really unfortunate for Haas. His height was his undoing in this instance.

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
I despise Klemmer as much as the next person but this one wasn't intentional. He checked on Haas afterwards, A Bulldog caught him when he was wobbly on his feet and Klemmer made an effort to wrap the arm in the hit.

It was just really unfortunate for Haas. His height was his undoing in this instance.
Yeah it really wasn't that bad, Klemmer probably did have a job to knock Haas around abit, you'd be mad not to try and slow the big unit up early on. Haas just got rocked on his way down. I wonder if Wayne will give him a week off because of how rocked he was, if so I wonder who's next in line, we are burning though them pretty fast

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I think he hit his head on the turf pretty hard too when he went down? I seem to remember a fairly violent bounce of his head.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Yeah it really wasn't that bad, Klemmer probably did have a job to knock Haas around abit, you'd be mad not to try and slow the big unit up early on. Haas just got rocked on his way down. I wonder if Wayne will give him a week off because of how rocked he was, if so I wonder who's next in line, we are burning though them pretty fast

He injured his ankle in the tackle as well which will sideline him longer than a concussion. 3-4 weeks I think

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
I think he hit his head on the turf pretty hard too when he went down? I seem to remember a fairly violent bounce of his head.
Yeah he got hit hard, won't be the last time. I'm sure every team will try rattle him as soon as he comes on

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Anyone else notice Foran slam his head in to the ground really hard in the first half? Wobbled up, played the ball really sheepishly and then kneeled for ages before trying to stand up.

I

isaiah

BRL Player
Feb 21, 2016
Should have been a penalty IMO, but what has his age got to do with it? If his age is a factor, then he shouldn't be playing. Nothing malicious in the tackle.
The age thing reminds me of Adam Ritson, smashed out of the game

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
I don't think there was much in it but I can't workout how we had to turn the ball over? Haas gets knocked out through an unintentional shoulder and plays the ball... fell over after he played the ball but still played the ball with his foot. And it's a turn over? Seen plenty of penalties awarded through unintentional contact with the head.

S

scgg

NYC Player
Apr 1, 2013
Title says it all.

Seems no one is calling this out.

Pay deliberately and specifically held Klemmer back to do a hit job on Haas, and then Klezmer delivered with a premeditated attack.

No one on the field knocked Klemmers head off in retaliation? No one even seems to give a ****?

If you think it was accidental you are naive. At its excusable best, the actual hit was reckless. But the whole thing was premeditated for days. Pay doing the same shit as a coach he did as a player.

So tackling and hitting hard is a no go these days? Yep it was unfortunate that payne copped an accidental knock to the head.

So what if they had a plan to target payne? Most clubs will have spot players or targets in the opposition to go after. Its actually normal every day rugby league.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
The age thing reminds me of Adam Ritson, smashed out of the game

Ritson had a cyst on his brain. The condition had nothing to do with football. They operated on his brain to remove it.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Ritson had a cyst on his brain. The condition had nothing to do with football. They operated on his brain to remove it.
Ritson also copped a large number of very cheap headshots. He was targeted and bashed senseless.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I don't think there was much in it but I can't workout how we had to turn the ball over? Haas gets knocked out through an unintentional shoulder and plays the ball... fell over after he played the ball but still played the ball with his foot. And it's a turn over? Seen plenty of penalties awarded through unintentional contact with the head.

He pushed the ball forward when he tried to play it. That's a no no.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.