Can we talk about the Pay/Klemmer hit job on an 19 yr old, 2nd gamer?

badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014
Title says it all.

Seems no one is calling this out.

Pay deliberately and specifically held Klemmer back to do a hit job on Haas, and then Klezmer delivered with a premeditated attack.

No one on the field knocked Klemmers head off in retaliation? No one even seems to give a ****?

If you think it was accidental you are naive. At its excusable best, the actual hit was reckless. But the whole thing was premeditated for days. Pay doing the same shit as a coach he did as a player.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Haven't seen a proper replay yet, but it didn't look intentional

M

Maroon4life

QCup Player
May 28, 2016
Thought Klemmer came on a while before Haas? Like someone said it’s quite complimentary.

Haas looked to be falling at the time, bad luck for haas.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
He was about to fall over and the dogs player rushed to grab him so he didn't. It's a tough game, even if it was premeditated, nothing wrong with it, we all want our players to smash the other team. I think in the long run it will be good for Haas.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Title says it all.

Pay deliberately and specifically held Klemmer back to do a hit job on Haas, and then Klezmer delivered with a premeditated attack.

No one on the field knocked Klemmers head off in retaliation? No one even seems to give a ****?

If you think it was accidental you are naive. At its excusable best, the actual hit was reckless. But the whole thing was premeditated for days. Pay doing the same shit as a coach he did as a player.
Well, I partially agree with you. In my opinion it was a deliberate high shot and nothing accidental about going high. That said I believe Klemmer wasn't going for the total cheap shot but no mistake, it was high and reckless.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
It was careless even if it wasn't intentional, in Union (which I loathe) he would have been sent. The NRL needs to take head hits seriously if it is going to exist as a code in 25 years.

Edit: Klemmer is a notorious grub so I certainly have my suspicions about it not being intentional.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Yes, it was unfortunate BUT it was high. Haas wasn't half way to the ground falling rather he was at full standing height. Klemmer hit him flush on the chin with his shoulder. It wasn't a cheap shot and yes, it was a tough front on tackle but it was HIGH. No doubt about the facts and accidental or not, that exact same tackle has always drawn a penalty and been put on report. Contact to the head.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Nothing in it.

Not even worthy of a penalty. Haas put his head in the wrong position.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Yes, it was unfortunate BUT it was high. Haas wasn't half way to the ground falling rather he was at full standing height. Klemmer hit him flush on the chin with his shoulder. It wasn't a cheap shot and yes, it was a tough front on tackle but it was HIGH. No doubt about the facts and accidental or not, that exact same tackle has always drawn a penalty and been put on report. Contact to the head.

It's been a while since that tackle has been a penalty.

Klemmer comes in to wrap the arms around Haas and Haas gets his head in the wrong position.

B

Brotherdu

NRL Player
Feb 20, 2017
Title says it all.

Should have been a penalty IMO, but what has his age got to do with it? If his age is a factor, then he shouldn't be playing. Nothing malicious in the tackle.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Haas head butted klemmers shoulder

Unread

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.