Carlton Mid One-Day International Tri-Series

I don't think 1910 will disagree with that - he had Lynn in his World Cup squad.

However to say he's been the best batsmen for Queensland the past few seasons and has been robbed isn't true.

Lynn could have been selected. Of course he didn't deserve to be on pure numbers, but we pick plenty of players who don't deserve to be there. More so in tests than anything, but Mitch Marsh is basically in the team on potential. I don't see why Lynn couldn't have been, particularly when Sandhu has been given a run this series and is not WC bound.

There is a big chance Sandhu will play a part in Australian teams in the future, he has been doing well since coming into shield cricket and deserves some recognition.

There is a big chance Sandhu will play a part in Australian teams in the future, he has been doing well since coming into shield cricket and deserves some recognition.

So what? There's a good chance Lynn could play in Australian teams in the future too. Not sure I see the difference?

It should be worth mentioning that excluding Joe Burns, the last person that debuted in Test cricket for Australia that averaged over 40 in FC was David Warner.. so yeah, we definitely don't pick players based on averages.

That's my stat!

Been pretty up and down and can't stay in the side since his awesome 'year' in '12/'13

His Domestic one day bowling was great this season, his Shield seaosn has been average.

He played less then half the Shield year last season his form was terrible but again had a good one day comp.

His first year he in '12/13 he burst onto the Shield year with 14 wicket in two games and that was the last time he had any impact at FC level.

So what? There's a good chance Lynn could play in Australian teams in the future too. Not sure I see the difference?

Difference is Sandhu plays for NSW and that is all Broncoman cares about

Lynn could have been selected. Of course he didn't deserve to be on pure numbers, but we pick plenty of players who don't deserve to be there. More so in tests than anything, but Mitch Marsh is basically in the team on potential. I don't see why Lynn couldn't have been, particularly when Sandhu has been given a run this series and is not WC bound.

Sandhu is a bowler not a batsmen. We needed another bowler to replace Johnson for the series so Sandhu got a run. Your argument would have more plausibility if they needed another batsmen for the ODIs. A batting lineup of Warner, Finch, Watson, Smith, Marsh/Maxwell, Bailey & Haddin was always going to make it harder for him to get into the team. All are well ahead on the pecking order for the Australia ODI side. Not sure why Maxwell is but it has been made quite clear he is from the selectors.

Watson now in doubt after pulling up with a tight hamstring. Wouldn't be a bad time to give Burns or Lynn a game. I'd expect Callum Ferguson to get the call though.

Sandhu is a bowler not a batsmen. We needed another bowler to replace Johnson for the series so Sandhu got a run. Your argument would have more plausibility if they needed another batsmen for the ODIs. A batting lineup of Warner, Finch, Watson, Smith, Marsh/Maxwell, Bailey & Haddin was always going to make it harder for him to get into the team. All are well ahead on the pecking order for the Australia ODI side. Not sure why Maxwell is but it has been made quite clear he is from the selectors.

I don't understand. My argument is Lynn could have been the replacement instead of White or Shaun Marsh. How's that different to Midge being out?

I don't understand. My argument is Lynn could have been the replacement instead of White or Shaun Marsh. How's that different to Midge being out?

Marsh and White are both better players than Lynn currently

Overs and unders of England winning on Friday?

Reckon they're a good chance.

Except that, although there are a few bowlers with niggling injuries at this stage there is none in grave doubt for the WC unlike Clarke who has been given a deadline. Marsh & White have been in better OD form and have been in and around the group for a few years now (or in White's case earlier) so it makes sense that they were selected. I can't understand the Sandhu selection myself (unless you take the NSW selection conspiracy into account) would have made more sense to have Pattinson play as you'd think he'd be a good chance of a call up if there is a serious injury to one of the bowlers.

Difference is Sandhu plays for NSW and that is all Broncoman cares about

We all have a soft spot for players from our own states no doubt but I really don't care whatsoever where the players are from. The Australian team could be filled with 11 Queenslanders but if they were the best players available I wouldn't have any issues whatsoever.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • BruiserMk1
  • broncsgoat
  • Shane Tronc
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • tajhay
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Midean
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • davidp
  • winslow_wong
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.