-NEWS- CEO incoming

lynx000

NRL Captain
Waiting to win lotto
Cool so rock bottom is still miles away then... let's bring a talking head in who has no idea about football and get her to pick the next coach... reeks of Peter Beattie all over again .

I suppose this board does love a good PowerPoint 🙄🙄
It will work if they bring in a strong football manager like Frank Ponnisi or Peter Parr to handle the football side of things.

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
As long as she is nowhere near the football side and brings in an experienced football manager I couldn't give a ****. The less we hear from a CEO the better.

Jedhead

NRL Player
**** politicians. They're all a bunch of liars and shit cunts.
I'm glad you were restrained there Nashy Nashy, no telling what you might have said if you were raging. :rofl

I worked indirectly with Kim Beazley for two weeks and he struck me as the brightest most honest guy I ever had the pleasure of meeting. A lot of people still say he was the best PM we never had. Also, I rate Paul Keating or as they loved to call him in the UK 'The Lizard of Oz' just because he dared to put a guiding arm on the Queen. He had and still does have a firm grasp of what equitable means.

So I'd say perhaps 90% of them are a pack of snout snorting, gravy train, megalomaniacs, but a few of them are genuine souls with the humanity to match.

Shane Tronc

NYC Player
Haha this forum is going to melt down if Jones gets the gig. I don’t mind Jones for the role. Labor had to undergo a massive rebuild after Bligh and Jones would’ve been part of that. Her experience as minister for tourism and major events is valuable too. There’s no doubting that we need a really solid gm of football as well though. The CEO shouldn’t really have much to do with the football department.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
If we're going with her as a CEO we better have a real head of football to actually lead the club.

We can't have some nobody try to rebuild a football club, we need genuine football knowledge. Maybe we can steal Frank Ponissi from Melbourne. She can manage the business side, and a GM for the football side.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Why does she have no idea about football?
Because she probably has no idea how to run a successful football club, she may watch rugby league but what are her credentials in the game?

We need someone with genuine in/out knowledge of football club operations, she doesn't have to be that person, as long as she hires someone to take care of that. We saw how well it goes when a CEO tries to do it all like Paul White, they just end up fucking the club over.

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Bangalow
If we're going with her as a CEO we better have a real head of football to actually lead the club.

We can't have some nobody try to rebuild a football club, we need genuine football knowledge. Maybe we can steal Frank Ponissi from Melbourne. She can manage the business side, and a GM for the football side.

And isn't that the point? To have someone competent to lead the club's business, and another to head football.

And in any case, as you suggest, and as a successful CEO once told me, the secret to success for any leader is to surround yourself with experts in the areas which need them.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.