NEWS CEO White: Seibold's a tip top coach

I don't believe the cap on the football department is a hard cap like the salary cap ... i think if you go over it, you need to give the NRL money (amount is dependant upon how far over you are) ...

could be wrong though

37% on what you go over the 5 million. Payouts included too- so if the Broncos sack people then it counts.
[automerge]1593299229[/automerge]
OK, got it

Peter Gentle - Assistant Coach
Kurt Richards - Assistant Coach
Corey Parker - Assistant Coach
Ben Cross - Assistant Coach
Paul Devlin - Head of High Performance
Allan Langer - Trainer
Demas Wong - Football Analyst
Peter Ryan - Consultant

Save for Ben Cross

Allan Langer - Trainer? Not our halves sadly

Corey is still isolated elsewhere?

Peter Ryan - defence, a part time consultant

Should we be impressed?

That's pretty much it, Parker coaches from behind the fence.

Last edited:
Bennett - Left on his own accord
Henjak - Sacked
Griffin - Sacked
Bennett - Sacked
Seibold - ......

Maybe, just maybe the board need to look to see if they're making the right choices, why they are making these choices and start being held accountable for their appointments..
Yes Seibold isn't the right coach for this side, but at the end of the day, the board are appointing these coaches and need to start taking responsibility for their decisions.
There needs to be a clean-out from top to bottom. They seem to be able to sack a coach, how about they start sacking themselves.
White has stated on multiple occasions that the buck stops with him. Now let's see him walk the talk. The sooner White is gone, the better, as far as I am concerned. Although, I have no faith that his replacement will be adequate as we well know this club cannot make decent appointments.

Bennett - Left on his own accord
Henjak - Sacked
Griffin - Sacked
Bennett - Sacked
Seibold - ......

Maybe, just maybe the board need to look to see if they're making the right choices, why they are making these choices and start being held accountable for their appointments..
Yes Seibold isn't the right coach for this side, but at the end of the day, the board are appointing these coaches and need to start taking responsibility for their decisions.
There needs to be a clean-out from top to bottom. They seem to be able to sack a coach, how about they start sacking themselves.
White has stated on multiple occasions that the buck stops with him. Now let's see him walk the talk. The sooner White is gone, the better, as far as I am concerned. Although, I have no faith that his replacement will be adequate as we well know this club cannot make decent appointments.

To be fair, almost all coaches get sacked eventually.

Who was the last star player that was dropped? The only one that comes to mind is Hunt but I could be wrong. Seems to me these guys know they aren't going to be dropped and that's a big part of the problem here IMO.
and all the idiot fans eat it up, "but we don't have anyone to replace them with?!?!"

how about just making them accountable. that would be a good start.

I know Tommy Raudonikis wasn't the best of coaches(and I'm not for a second suggesting he himself should coach the club) but man what I would give to have someone atm with the toughness and balls to not take shit from his own players.

Last edited:
Who was the last star player that was dropped? The only one that comes to mind is Hunt but I could be wrong. Seems to me these guys know they aren't going to be dropped and that's a big part of the problem here IMO.
Roberts was dropped wasn't he? I think that was mostly because he was a dick and Seibold didn't like him.

I know Tommy Raudonikis wasn't the best of coaches(and I'm not for a second suggesting he himself should coach the club) but man what I would give to have someone atm with the toughness and balls to not take shit from his own players.

its Brad Arthur. You watch any parra boys talk about BA and you can tell they all respect him so much and are scared shitless of him.

and all the idiot fans eat it up, "but we don't have anyone to replace them with?!?!"

how about just making them accountable. that would be a good start.
We should go mal meninga 2006 to Lockyer, Price, & Civa: if we lose this series you guys are playing your last Origin game.

Every time I read this thread headline, I fully agree. Therefore, Seibs better get back to running a bakery cause that’s the only thing that makes sense with this situation we are in!!

We should go mal meninga 2006 to Lockyer, Price, & Civa: if we lose this series you guys are playing your last Origin game.
do we still get paid tho?

Roberts was dropped wasn't he? I think that was mostly because he was a dick and Seibold didn't like him.
As I understand it he was ultimately dropped for giving Seibold a spray, after Seibold ripped into him at a video session for doing something that Seibold had told him to do. But yeah it doesn't seem like Pies was a big fan from day 1.

First question... Was it possible to negotiate a contract with the current coach that was more favourable to the club? Perhaps a performance clause or shorter term? just maybe... was it possible!?

Sit down Paul, we will be here for a while.

First question... Was it possible to negotiate a contract with the current coach that was more favourable to the club? Perhaps a performance clause or shorter term? just maybe... was it possible!?

They already have a canned response for this one that's already been parroted. "We signed Seibold long term because we wanted the young group to feel like there will be stability going forward."

They take us for complete fools.

Active Now

• Redux
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.