Channel 9 commentary team...what I think

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Now I need some panadol

The greatest incentive of all to get on a Broncos membership to avoid Hadley's commentary.

The only "relief" from Hadley is raspy old Locky. Thank god I usually only watch the replays late at night with music on and the boys chatting away/debriefing.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Does anyone like Hadley? The man is a colossal bastard.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Leila McKinnon is David Gyngell's wife.

She is a columist for the NRL website. She is also a newsreader on Channel 9.

Nepotism?

In fairness, she was a well established journalist before she hooked up with the boss.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Does anyone like Hadley? The man is a colossal bastard.

Some very few deluded people who listen to morning rants might. How the **** did complete and utter fuckwits like Hadley and Jones ever get jobs like that. I hate Alan Jones with a burning fiery passion.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
Calm down Broncoman.

Go make another youtube video, we haven't had one of those in awhile.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Bman it's simple, they dog whistle to the rednecks and bogans who lap up their dribble

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Leila McKinnon is David Gyngell's wife.

She is a columist for the NRL website. She is also a newsreader on Channel 9.

Nepotism?

more like Lazyeye McKinnon, m i rite?!?!?!?

fredie

fredie

Banned User
Sep 28, 2008
We all know who the worst commenators in the world are................Those fools that call the warriors games. They are the worst commentators i've ever heard call any kind of sport in any kind of country.
You must of heard those UK superleague callers
Vossy - Just downright good. A Rugby League encyclopedia who delights in telling even knowing the most banal of facts. Does have the tendency of forcing an agenda or angle down your throat which as a main caller I don't enjoy. Otherwise, he's good and it's a damn shame Channel 9 sacked him.
Cause Voss sued him and had a bitter argument with him for bagging out the ray warren statue

Last edited:
Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Andrew Voss no longer at 9. :sad:

Andrew Voss‏@AndrewVoss9 Sad to end 18 great years at 9 but excited by the challenge of growing game in NZ and working with a great crew.

https://twitter.com/AndrewVoss9

Probably has something to do with this.

A legal row over a statue of sports broadcasting legend Ray Warren - involving Channel 9's rugby league callers, powerful media figures and a league Immortal - has been settled on the eve of a potentially explosive court case.

What began as a tribute to Warren in his home town of Junee, organised by his great friend Ray Hadley, disintegrated into a stoush with Channel 9 colleague Andrew Voss.

The statue was unveiled at a civic reception in August last year during a live broadcast by Hadley's 2GB Continuous Call team.

The statue was paid for by 2GB and Channel 9 - which contributed $25,000.

The next day on Nine's rugby league show The Sunday Roast, Voss questioned the statue's likeness to Warren, which sparked a furious on-air response from Hadley and former Test star and league Immortal Bob Fulton.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r-rabbits-statue/story-e6freuzi-1226468080678

Last edited:
Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Pretty darn stupid isn't it demoted because of trivial matter about a statue. Some people just need to harden up and stop being so sensitive.

fredie

fredie

Banned User
Sep 28, 2008
Fully agree , you should hear rays rants on the radio , sometimes a complete nutjob

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Galah
  • Foordy
  • jarro65
  • Brocko
  • kman
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Jeza23
  • Wolfie
  • sooticus
  • mrtij
  • Harry Sack
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BooKhaki
  • broncotville
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.