Channel Nine

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Alright, WTF's going on here?

They've never been great, but their standards seem to have dropped dramatically this season.

They've pretty much given Vossy the boot. What the hell for? Listening to Hadley on Friday night was akin to having someone use a cheese grater on my ears. Dude, you're not on the radio FFS. We can see what's happening, you don't need to explain it! Then with Wally and Fatty alongside him, it was like amateur hour. I like Fatty, but he's not there to bring you insightful comments, or deep analysis of what's going on. Wally is terrible. Everything he says is so structured and planned, like he's still presenting the news. Having Lockyer on the sideline wasn't great either, as he's still new to the game, so overall, it was exceptionally poor coverage from Channel Nine's commentary team.

As if that wasn't bad enough, I switched on the telly on Sunday morning to find out that Vossy's not hosting The Sunday Roast anymore. Tim Gilbert is his replacement, and they've got a 'new look' panel which is deadset hopeless. Andrew Ryan, Mad Dog and Andrew Webster from The Daily Telegraph, who looked like he just got out of bed. I watched about five minutes and then switched off, it was that bad. At least TK's not on there.

I've never been a massive Vossy fan or anything, but as a commentator and presenter in general, he was miles ahead of all these other blokes. Seriously have no idea what he's done to be completely neglected like this.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Alright, WTF's going on here?

They've never been great, but their standards seem to have dropped dramatically this season.

They've pretty much given Vossy the boot. What the hell for? Listening to Hadley on Friday night was akin to having someone use a cheese grater on my ears. Dude, you're not on the radio FFS. We can see what's happening, you don't need to explain it! Then with Wally and Fatty alongside him, it was like amateur hour. I like Fatty, but he's not there to bring you insightful comments, or deep analysis of what's going on. Wally is terrible. Everything he says is so structured and planned, like he's still presenting the news. Having Lockyer on the sideline wasn't great either, as he's still new to the game, so overall, it was exceptionally poor coverage from Channel Nine's commentary team.

As if that wasn't bad enough, I switched on the telly on Sunday morning to find out that Vossy's not hosting The Sunday Roast anymore. Tim Gilbert is his replacement, and they've got a 'new look' panel which is deadset hopeless. Andrew Ryan, Mad Dog and Andrew Webster from The Daily Telegraph, who looked like he just got out of bed. I watched about five minutes and then switched off, it was that bad. At least TK's not on there.

I've never been a massive Vossy fan or anything, but as a commentator and presenter in general, he was miles ahead of all these other blokes. Seriously have no idea what he's done to be completely neglected like this.

Vossy now commentates the Qld Cup game live on Sunday afternoon in Brisbane, hence he's not in Sydney to do the Sunday Roast or anything. Agree. He's been shafted.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Just be thankful for the coverage you get here. If you want to watch the Friday night double header in Adelaide you're up till 4am Saturday morning. Also i think QLD's memories are short when they complain about bias. How can you forget fatty who was literally the most bias caller in Channel 9 history not the most bias league commentator the super league callers take the cake with that. Ning do you think i't would be great if Channel 9 dumped those ****ing TBA market updates.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
What? Who cares about Adelaide. We're talking about the game on the weekend, not what people in Adelaide.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Yep, HATED Hadley on Friday night. Sounded like he was calling a horse race, it was appalling. Vossy > Hadley.

Believe it or not I enjoyed the QCup commentation more than the Friday night commentators.

Hadley, Fatty & the King were cod ordinary.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Broncoman are you the full quid? Fatty at least evens up the overwhelming blue love spewing out at each chance. Have a listen to Gould after Lockyer scores the winner in game 3 2006. Also can you leave your illogical blues diatribe in one thread, it's getting old

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Vossy is by far the best. Channel 9 have no clue if they leave him off tv. The only good show worth watching was Sunday Roast. Not anymore.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Voss should've been the #1 caller years ago.

Hadley is crap!! I actually watched friday nights game with my ipod on :rolleyes:

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Broncoman are you the full quid? Fatty at least evens up the overwhelming blue love spewing out at each chance. Have a listen to Gould after Lockyer scores the winner in game 3 2006. Also can you leave your illogical blues diatribe in one thread, it's getting old

At least Gus can live in reality as he has been blunt about the Roosters performances recently, the amazing depth in the Broncos squad and how dominant QLD have been. QLD could be done by 100 at halftime and Fatty would still say they can come back and win.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Lol. Gus is the one who was saying in 2007, 2008, 2009 & 2010 that there wasn't anything more than 1 try between the two teams and that NSW aren't far behind QLD, and if you look at the Stats it proves it. He is as Bias is the day as long.

Which I actually don't mind, but need to balance it up.

Sterlo, + Rabs & Vossy is the best call team for me - with Locky and idealy Daley on the sideline.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
^ funnily enough i dont mind gould. i dont really care if he's biased. as you said as long as there's someone else there to even it up. you can tell gould is pretty jealous of qld.

i think voss does a great job of simply calling the game as it is minus any bs.

i was at the game on friday but just the watching highlights with hadley were bad enough.

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
QLD could be done by 100 at halftime and Fatty would still say they can come back and win.

It's more likely that Gould would say such a thing as it's more likely that NSW would be down by 100 points at half time than QLD

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Dear Broncoman,

I'm cool with you man. But I'm really getting over you turning every thread into a state of origin argument. You may love the Blues, thats nice, I'm happy you have so much passion for your team. But please leave it in the state of origin forum. I may speak for others or I may not, but I have very little interest in origin, and even if I did, the back and forth is getting very tedious, to the point where good threads are being ruined. Thanks buddy.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Dear Broncoman,

I'm cool with you man. But I'm really getting over you turning every thread into a state of origin argument. You may love the Blues, thats nice, I'm happy you have so much passion for your team. But please leave it in the state of origin forum. I may speak for others or I may not, but I have very little interest in origin, and even if I did, the back and forth is getting very tedious, to the point where good threads are being ruined. Thanks buddy.

Awesome post man. Thanks for that advice i'm now leaving this in the state of origin forum

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Gus is actually pretty good when commentating the Broncos imo, it's when the subject is NSW that the bias comes out, which is fair enough I guess.

Seriously hope that either Ten or Seven gain the rights for FTA and contract Vossy, Sterlo and a few select more, because Nine is getting worse by the day.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The worse thing is that channel 9 are super confident of keeping the NRL when it comes to the new rights. They honestly don't deserve it IMO.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
They should just get rid of the Friday night double header - throw another game on Sunday and be done with it.

I hate watching delayed 9 telecasts. If the spoilers haven't already taken me out of the game, then the multitude of crappy ads have certainly done the job.

Active Now

• Strop
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jazza
  • LittleDavey
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncoFan94
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • K-Style
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.