chequebook is open. potential playmakers

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
Griffin has confirmed that we are on the market. Due to the fact that we should soon know the outcome of the Dugan saga. What halves are available next season? I would love to have prince and a five eight that can personally break the line (Thurston, sandow, Marshall, Shaun Johnson, John Sutton, James Maloney, Tyrone Roberts) unfortunately prince is in his twilight and I doubt Wallace can organise a team although fills the role of kicker and organiser (Thurston, Mullen, Shaun Johnson, Pearce, cronk, Adam Reynolds) so due to this double need I believe we need an organiser that can break a line themselves. Thurston would fit this role perfectly although is taken. I don't watch the warriors so don't know if Johnson organises. Does anyone else know of an option that fills both roles?

Sam tomkins! Or a youngster, luke keary (souths sydney) or mitch cornish (raiders) unless u can pick up reynolds or carney which i would be surprised by.

I'm glad to read that we finally realise we need a quality playmaker

Norman leaving might be a godsend for us i believe.

fly in and snap up Carney before any other team can blink, do everything possible to sign Dugan now and help YowYeh/Copely rehab as quickly as safely possible.

1. Dugan
2. Copely
3. Hoffman
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Carney
7. Hunt

Groom Copely up to replace Hodges who should no doubt retire soon and get kahu as much Qcup time as possible with him also the first option replacement when a player gets injured.

Wallace would be good for us with a 5/8 who can provide some spark, he kicks ok, organises well and defends well. Our problem isn't getting to the 20, only inside it. Todd Carney should be our target

Sam tomkins! Or a youngster, luke keary (souths sydney) or mitch cornish (raiders) unless u can pick up reynolds or carney which i would be surprised by.

Tomkins is a good call. He's easily much better than Dugan, and I think he talked about trying himself in the NRL.

Carney won't come here, he hates us apparently.

Can't see Carney or Reynolds coming here. Don't particularly think Reynolds will help unless we play a complete different style to what we do now. Why didn't we go for Cronk, JT or DCE??

Can't see Carney or Reynolds coming here. Don't particularly think Reynolds will help unless we play a complete different style to what we do now. Why didn't we go for Cronk, JT or DCE??

Because we had a talented halves pairing that would see the club into the future... Now that one half of that has moved on we need to look at the best of the bunch available.

If someone at BHQ suggested Carney coming here a year or so ago, they would have been burned and eaten alive. How times have changed.

6 halves that could be good buys (don't know their availability) as they are proven first graders just 3rd in line are Sam Williams, Curtis sironen,Robertlui, ray Thompson,Michael morgan, Townsend and Tyrone Roberts. Out of those I think Morgan, townsend, williams and Roberts are the only ones to show the potential to be top class players. both Morgan and Roberts have the ability to break lines and I think they could partner Wallace. Haven'tseen enough of Townsend to know Have no idea about availability. Otherwise it's established halves for full price. I don't rate Carney as much as he would cost and don't know any others that are on the market

Because we had a talented halves pairing that would see the club into the future... Now that one half of that has moved on we need to look at the best of the bunch available.

Wallace has always been shit. The club is overpaying him.

If we're gonna persist with the bench hooker/utility, I'd like to start seeing Hunt coming into halfback and Wallace going to hooker when McCullough goes off. It looks like they have been pushing Wallace into 9 when do the shuffle.

I need to see more of Hunt in the 7. He does things I like but has never blown me away. We can't win this season and keeping Norman in the team achieves nothing. I'd love to see if a sharper fullback or center would change the quality of our attack. I'm not 100% against our halves right now, I'm just not seeing much for them to work with which seems to be mostly a training issue. They run plays well, they're just such basic plays. If we spent time working on more complex attacking plays, I have little doubt they could execute them well.

Last edited:
I'd like to actually see hunt playing in the halves and if that doesn't work the only people o could tolerate signing would be the ones in that list or mortimer. No one else is off contract. Mind you jake mullaney could be a good buy. Dugan Is a decent five eigth as well unfortunately he's made of glass like Hodges. I just wanna see what hunt can do on half before we swap him for someone who has no guarantee of being better.

Shaun Johnson is easily the best option.

Failing that I agree with the Tomkins call. Shame that Issac Luke re-signed last year. He's exactly what we need on the field.

If someone at BHQ suggested Carney coming here a year or so ago, they would have been burned and eaten alive. How times have changed.
i did and i was lol.

we're a football club, not a nunnery. we need players that can play football, not be good blokes.

**** me. Throw the chequebook open 6 months too late. Should've thrown it open and given it to JT FFS.

Active Now

• Brotherdu
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Midean
  • Justwin
  • Brocko
  • Organix
  • GCBRONCO
  • dasherhalo
  • Sproj
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Harry Sack
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncoscope
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Mister Wright
  • phoenix
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.