chequebook is open. potential playmakers

Id love to see mateo come to the broncos.. but then again, we seem to take the offload out of anyone that possess one, so maybe not

Last edited:
I don't think Hook would get the best out if a bloke like Mateo. Plus we are pretty flush for back rowers unless we don't re-sign Gillett.

Wallace would be good for us with a 5/8 who can provide some spark, he kicks ok, organises well and defends well. Our problem isn't getting to the 20, only inside it. Todd Carney should be our target

cough .....cough ....Bullshit !! .....cough cough

If someone at BHQ suggested Carney coming here a year or so ago, they would have been burned and eaten alive. How times have changed.

I did and was promptly told my credibility had just taken a massive nose dive.

Credibility.......what credibility ??? :loool:

Wallace has always been shit. The club is overpaying him.

All this talk about finding a playmaker to team up with Wallace

FFS !!! How can they not see.....how can they be so blind ????

The question IS, who to team up with Ben Hunt

and then rid ourselves of this red headed numpty once and for all !!!!

Last edited:
I agree hunt is likely a better long term option but his kicking game is horrible compared to Wallace. That is one thing Wallace excels at. The organization could be either hook or Wallace and we don't know enough to blame either one conclusively. I'm all for Wallace switching for maccas break and we can see hunt in the halves. A much better option for our team. But unfortunately for next year Wallace is still on contract. So I don't think hunt will get the full time halves spot. So at least temporarily they will be partnering Wallace. Regardless we still need a similar player just switching emphasis from kicking game from organization.

I agree hunt is likely a better long term option but his kicking game is horrible compared to Wallace. That is one thing Wallace excels at. The organization could be either hook or Wallace and we don't know enough to blame either one conclusively. I'm all for Wallace switching for maccas break and we can see hunt in the halves. A much better option for our team. But unfortunately for next year Wallace is still on contract. So I don't think hunt will get the full time halves spot. So at least temporarily they will be partnering Wallace. Regardless we still need a similar player just switching emphasis from kicking game from organization.

Again, I think Hunt's kicking game has suffered from only getting a go here or there at halfback. He wouldn't be spending much time at training on kicking from first receiver because that's not what Hook wants him to do.

And despite Wallace doing it full time, he still picks out the fullback and winger on long kicks like they have a target on them.

I'm much more concerned with kicking in the 20. Our forward pack is good enough to cover any defeciencies in long kicking game

We should be offering Hunt a two year contract, with a massive 2 year option. Next year under Prince, then the year after as a first choice half. He'll need to prove himself in 2015, but if he does he'll have a big contract waiting for him. The only other option I'd be happy with is Widdop, to either be our full time fullback or a spot in the halves.

And despite Wallace doing it full time, he still picks out the fullback and winger on long kicks like they have a target on them.

Yeah....don't get the wraps his kicking gets. More often than not he'll pick out the defender and his short range attempts can be woeful, tentative half arsed put it up and hope type of kicks

Doesn't position himself well for the kick either. Gets caught a lot with a defender rushing in on him, of which he then panics and tries to kick it anyway. This shit led to more than a couple charge downs.......which have resulted in the opposition scoring points off.

Comeing into this thread, I thought everyone would be happy.

But instead, I got

Oh Brisbane Broncos you fucking idiots, you should've thrown money at thurston while he was off contract, boo you fucking suck boo. :loool:

I don't about new, I think you mean to say a good coach.
I was actually pretty pissed that the club didn't even explore getting Hasler over. Sure he's a dick but he's a bloody good coach and when you have an opportunity to sign a brilliant coach you should always go full force to make it happen.

On topic, I'm not sold on Shaun Johnson. He had a great first year, and no doubt he has some talent, but wow he's been bog awful throughout 2012 and so far in 2013.

He might just need a change of scenery ?

Not having Maloney there is certainly putting more pressure on him to create the plays.

On topic, I'm not sold on Shaun Johnson. He had a great first year, and no doubt he has some talent, but wow he's been bog awful throughout 2012 and so far in 2013.

Tend to agree. I don't think he is a good fit. Wouldn't be unhappy if we signed him though.

Tend to agree. I don't think he is a good fit. Wouldn't be unhappy if we signed him though.

Apart from his own form issues, I worry about how he'd fit with our coaching structure, which is very rigid in what is expected from our playmakers. He seems more of a "play what's in front of him" style player.

He looks like a good prospect as long as he has a dominant/settled/experienced 5/8th alongside him.

Imagine how good he would've been alongside Locky !!

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Painin the Haas
  • jarro65
  • Santa
  • kman
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • Waynesaurus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.