chequebook is open. potential playmakers

It doesn't matter anyway. According to. Rugby league week Widdop Is about to re-sign With the storm. Seriously we couldn't sign somebody if our life depended on it
we can, can't guarentee that they are going to help us win a premiership though.

I don't think Carney is a good choice, I don't like how he disappears in the big games. He reminds me so much of Norman, no heart, cruising along, goes MIA in the big games. Obviously Norman doesn't have a fraction of talent that Carney does though.

I don't think Carney is a good choice, I don't like how he disappears in the big games. He reminds me so much of Norman, no heart, cruising along, goes MIA in the big games. Obviously Norman doesn't have a fraction of talent that Carney does though.

So in your opinion, who exactly is a "good choice"???

I'd rather just hold out until we can find some talent than make a play for someone who isn't worth what you'd pay to have him. If we can get Carney cheap, make a play for him until we can find someone better. Who's a good choice? No-one unfortunately. And I don't know enough about the juniors coming through.

i enjoy the 'carney goes missing in big games' thing thats been going around here lately. it seems that if you get your team to a grand final almost singlehandedly and then dont win it, you 'disappear in big games'. or if you play 3 origin games against the greatest football team the world has ever seen and dont single handedly win the series you 'disappear in big games'. we just disregard the fact that without him you wouldnt even get to the big games.

The whole carney debate is pointless, because the chance of him coming here is none percent. He is set up in the shire and has said he will not move. So essentially he will either stay with the sharks or take the boatloads of cash the dragons will chuck at him and take a short drive to 'the office' everyday.

I'd rather just hold out until we can find some talent than make a play for someone who isn't worth what you'd pay to have him. If we can get Carney cheap, make a play for him until we can find someone better. Who's a good choice? No-one unfortunately. And I don't know enough about the juniors coming through.

Completely agree… would much rather the club put itself in a position to have cap space available to really be able to go after the crème da la crème when the opportunity is there rather than do a half-assed job as a quick fix …

In the meantime, I think this current squad is a long way short of red-lining on its potential and with better structures and game plans ect could be a 60-65% winning team through the regular season. IMO this is the biggest area the club needs to address because if the team continues to grind along with the same systems and structures it currently is then it won’t make much difference who is wearing the number 6 or 7 jersey.

Great idea to wait for the big signing but that's kinda hard to do. The marquee players generally want to go to a club that has a shot at the title they rarely go solely for money because they command big $$$ anyway. The comp just doesn't have the marquee players to go around so any talk of getting a big signing on the cheap is a pipedream, the genuine match winners will come at a premium.

Completely agree… would much rather the club put itself in a position to have cap space available to really be able to go after the crème da la crème when the opportunity is there rather than do a half-assed job as a quick fix …

That opportunity already came and went. It's name was Jonathan Thurston.

That opportunity already came and went. It's name was Jonathan Thurston.

Just because the club said publicly that they weren't chasing Thurston doesn't mean they actually weren't.

they may have made him an offer, got turned down and then made the statement; both to save face and try to give their current halves some confidence

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • theshed
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Wild Horse
  • Midean
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • sooticus
  • Fatboy
  • Stix
  • TimWhatley
  • Fozz
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Big Del
  • DrGee
  • Skathen
  • Fitzy
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.