chequebook is open. potential playmakers

Reckon we'll chase Widdop, but to play fullback. Don't rate him in the halves that much

Reckon we'll chase Widdop, but to play fullback. Don't rate him in the halves that much

Agreed although Widdop at 6 with a top line half would work. Widdop a support act not the main event IMO

Pretty sure Taylor was even worse...

Besides, that was a year ago when Gillett was at his worst. I don't think he deserves any of the criticism this season, where he has been one of the better Broncos in every game.

Still like to see Gillett more involved in attack at the moment.

Hopefully he'll get there. At least he's not having the brain snaps from last season trying to offload in almost impossible situations...

I want him to settle in the backrow and get used to Prince and Hodgo next to him, and then show what he's really got, if Griffin allows him to!

He played fullback in U20s and was exceptional. He will never play there for the Storm while Slater is around.

As the story goes his old man was a Broncos fan.

I like it.

But Widdop has a mortgage on the 6 jersey there and is the future of the Storm's plans and would be given the opportunity to spearhead their side in a couple of years.

The great thing about Widdop is that he can play both positions...both positions that we lack in.

I think if Broncos offer Widdop $600000 he will be at Red Hill. I can't see how Storm could possibly give him more than $400000? The trio must be taking up a wack of salary cap and then there are another 22 players to fit into the cap. My reasoning is for $100000 less he stays in Melbourne but once you get $200000 ahead then his thought process changes

I think if Broncos offer Widdop $600000 he will be at Red Hill. I can't see how Storm could possibly give him more than $400000? The trio must be taking up a wack of salary cap and then there are another 22 players to fit into the cap. My reasoning is for $100000 less he stays in Melbourne but once you get $200000 ahead then his thought process changes

If Norman is worth 450 and Dugan is apparently 600 something then widdop is worth every cent of 600k. Do it brisbane

The Broncos won't offer that much because he isn't worth anywhere near that, Dugan was only on 400 per season if the deal would have gone through. Everyone complains that Bronco mgmt. r doing a poor job currently and I don't disagree with that but offering someone like Widdop 600K is laughable and it certainly won't happen. He is a good player but he doesn't command that sort of wampum. Talk about panic stations.

If they offered $400000 to a player that would drag himself off the ground in supposed agony after every tackle then $600000 for someone that gets in and gives it a go is fair. Salaries are going to rise as a result of the cap going up whether you like it or not

The Broncos won't offer that much because he isn't worth anywhere near that, Dugan was only on 400 per season if the deal would have gone through. Everyone complains that Bronco mgmt. r doing a poor job currently and I don't disagree with that but offering someone like Widdop 600K is laughable and it certainly won't happen. He is a good player but he doesn't command that sort of wampum. Talk about panic stations.

I disagree. If he plays at fullback he would definitely be worth 600k, especially in the new salary cap. When you have the Normans of the world getting 450k - 500k; widdop is unquestionably worth 600k IMHO

If they offered $400000 to a player that would drag himself off the ground in supposed agony after every tackle then $600000 for someone that gets in and gives it a go is fair. Salaries are going to rise as a result of the cap going up whether you like it or not

Don't get me wrong, RL players deserve every cent they get. If rugby league was big in the States, they would all average 5 million a year and would be worth every nickel, they really get paid peanuts for putting their body on the line in the roughest footy code in the world but unfortunately rugby league is only big in 2 states of Australia, 2 countys of England and has a minor following in NZ. Having said all that, the Broncos won't offer Widdop 600K a season or anything even close.

I think they would offer him 600k and I wouldn't give a damn. I don't rate him that highly, but he's one of very few options that's an improvement to what we've got. Only worry would be that he ends up like Wallace.

It doesn't matter anyway. According to. Rugby league week Widdop Is about to re-sign With the storm. Seriously we couldn't sign somebody if our life depended on it

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.