Clinton got Lucky

S

Smithdom

BRL Player
Mar 18, 2008
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 89,00.html

BRONCOS prop Joel Clinton is facing the sack for breaching the club's strict code of conduct after he invited a woman back to his hotel room.

Clinton last night issued a statement through his manager David Riolo, outlining the precise nature of the disciplinary breach that led to him being stood down for Brisbane's clash against the Storm on Friday night.

The Broncos have refused to disclose the reasons for his shock demotion but yesterday the former Test prop said he felt compelled to set the record straight.

Brisbane chief executive Bruno Cullen said yesterday the Broncos board would meet on Tuesday to discuss the Clinton affair.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Lol facing the sack?

Missing the match on Friday night is punishment enough.

I'd be very disappointed in the Broncos if Clinton cops anything further considering they let Kenny and Michaels off so lightly in comparison.

Besides, reading the rest of the article that line about facing the sack is based on absolutely nothing. Media beat-up.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Dead set if the Broncos sack Joel I'll be ringing the club (and I've never rang the club before) and express my dissapointment.
That would be dead set disgraceful and the only people who should of "faced the sack" are the 3 toilet lovers from last year. Clinton has done nothing wrong here and if he got sacked I'd want him to take legal action.

Probably a media beat up and it HOPEFULLY won't happen but I'll be very disappointed if it did.

/rant

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I double dare you Bruno.... If you sack a bloke for this you will struggle to sign players for years.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
[icon_lol1. Facing the sack over that.

Makes sure its not a April fools day joke. It has to be a media beat up.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
FFS, Clinton has his girlfriend over the night before a game and gets dropped and possibly sacked.
Thaiday, Hunt and Boyd go on a 16 hour bender and end up in a threesome in the toilet and play a semi the next week.

Fucking joke.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
If he gets the sack I will consider not supporting this club whilst Bruno is still there, he is a f#cking disgrace. He let 3 players get away with basically no punishment for having sex and filming it in a toilet whilst on a 12 hour drinking bender during the finals but will sack one guy for something as minor as this.

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
This is bull. If he gets the sack I will personally express my disappointment of their actions towards the club directly. This is pathetic. Like most of you said, Michaels and Kenny can piss against the side of the car, and Boyd, Hunt and Thaiday can have sex in a public toilet and nothing happens, but Clinton has sex and he up for the sack?

Maybe someone should tell the Broncos that you can't actually prohibit people from having sex.

This is nothing more than a knee jerk reaction to the way the NRL have been in the news lately. Cullen is a deadset idiot if he sacks Clinton.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
FFS, Clinton has his girlfriend over the night before a game and gets dropped and possibly sacked.
Thaiday, Hunt and Boyd go on a 16 hour bender and end up in a threesome in the toilet and play a semi the next week.

**** joke.

My sentiments exactly.

I didn't realise consensual sex in the privacy of your hotel room was worse than urinating in public? Real piss poor.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
FFS, Sunday Footy Show said this happened before the Tigers game. :roll:

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Maybe they didn't want Clinton to get tired before the game?

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Deadset overkill imo. Sacked is ridiculous. I would be very dissapointed if they decide to. I think he already has served his time.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I agree with Rock.

New season, new CoC, new coach, new team.

There is a line and no matter how small he stepped over it. This is a mesage for the whole squad. Hopefully Clinton puts his head down, gets on with the season and the rest of the squad learns Henjak and staff won't take shit.

I have a feeling the Broncos had already told themselves they had lost this game before kick-off and the staff had decided this was a good a game as any to send a message at the detriment to the club.

Also, Albrhama-gate has nothing to do with this. Yes if this was a semi Clinton would have played, to compare discipline handed out during mid-season to finals is unfair. Henjak and staff have to consider the overall picture, which also includes where we are on ladder vs stage of season.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I think one of two things has happened:

a) The media has gone nuts and is just making up the whole "sacking" thing.

b) There's a lot more to this story than we've heard, maybe repeated infringements.

Either way, he's become a pretty valuable member of the team, I doubt they'd sack him without good reason. I'm happy with dropping him for a week though.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Sunday Roast are saying Clinton wants out of the club.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
judging by the performance on friday, looks like a lot of them do lol

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • GCBRONCO
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • BroncosMan
  • porouian
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Allo
  • mrslong
  • Viti
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • Volvo Driver
  • lynx000
  • Strop
  • bert_lifts
  • Jazza
  • the_next
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Fozz
... and 48 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.