Clinton got Lucky

T

tryhard

NYC Player
Jan 24, 2009
Kaz said:
He didn't keep his mouth shut, they caught him taking her to the room.

He said they spent some 'alone time' in the room together. Maye he was sprung after that [icon_shru Whatever it is not worth that amount of money.
Maybe he should have just taken the girl he wished to get to know to a sleazy motel and then the press could have published the photo.
I do not condone the breaking of the rules of the girl in the room nor that it be the night before the game but one match would have been enough I reckon.

How are these men supposed to meet women? A cutie(imo) like Joel could surely get any nice girl but it is getting to the point where they are afraid to be in any place at all to meet women. Bit sad these blokes are having by the sounds of it using txt messages or internet to meet a woman. Which brings me to who the hell these girls know who the txt is really from unless they have the guys number locked in or know it.
Also for all we know she could have been a friend of a friend and they met through FB eusa_think .

My opinion is Bruno isn't getting any and he is P*****d off.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
This might sound stupid but I wonder if that $50K gets added back to the Broncos' salary cap? e.g. if Clinton is on a $250K salary, does his 2009 season "reportable" earnings get reduced to $200K by the club in lieu of the breach?
$50K could come in very handy for the Broncos at the moment trying to sign Lockyer and Hunt to long term deals.

Also, gangbanging a random chick, while pissed, during the finals, with 2 other team mates at a nightclub is less expensive apparently (got 20K each).

Absolutely ridiculous. If I was Clinton I would call their bluff, appeal the fine and tell them I'm quitting if they don't reduce it.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Beachy said:
Nashy said:
Too bad. He knows the rules. He's read the papers.

May this be a lesson to the rest of the players. Pull your heads in.

Couldn't agree more

So do you know the Broncos behaviour policy well?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
subsbligh said:
This might sound stupid but I wonder if that $50K gets added back to the Broncos' salary cap? e.g. if Clinton is on a $250K salary, does his 2009 season "reportable" earnings get reduced to $200K by the club in lieu of the breach?
$50K could come in very handy for the Broncos at the moment trying to sign Lockyer and Hunt to long term deals.

Also, gangbanging a random chick, while pissed, during the finals, with 2 other team mates at a nightclub is less expensive apparently (got 20K each).

Absolutely ridiculous. If I was Clinton I would call their bluff, appeal the fine and tell them I'm quitting if they don't reduce it.

if that didn't happen, i highly doubt it would have been such a big fine.

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Obviously a lot more to the story to cop that sort of fine, something we will never know until he releases a book on retirement. Now lets move on............again

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Where do you draw the line?

As I hinted before, I have no idea about the actual terms of the players code of conduct but are they not allowed to have wives/girlfriends in their rooms?

N

NPK

QCup Player
Mar 10, 2008
I heard there weren't any females allowed on the hotel floor the Broncos were staying at.
So if a player's wife or daughter came over, would the player get fined $50,000?

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
0k is just too harsh for the incident. If there is no more to it that is. There must be more.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Why does there have to be more? The players read the papers, they know what they're employer wants from them. He's broken the rules, which has been admitted, so I don't need to know the rules. He's been fined.

Perhaps making an example of him is to prove to the rest of the team, and any wild juniors, that if you want to play for a club like the Broncos, you can't be a fool.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
There's always more. I just hope the Broncos have been up front with the NRL so they know the full story, whatever it is.

Last thing we need is another Cronulla scandal in 7 years time...

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
subsbligh said:

They were talking about that on the back page last night on fox. Would not suprise me if they use Clinton as the scapegoat for the salary cap.

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
I can see where the club is coming from though. With all the recent cases, there is the potential for things to go horribly wrong when a women is invited back to a players room. Granted nothing went wrong in this case, but the situation could potentially turn out much worse than someone pissing on a wall or kicking on a car. I'd say the club would want to be avoiding that potential issue at all costs, in this case at a cost to Clinton of 50K.

50K is very harsh when nothing actually did go wrong, but I highly doubt any other player would consider breaking this rule from now on, so the club is making it clear they dont' want players to put themselves in these potentially damaing situations. And if they are that stupid to break the same rule, they deserve to be 50K out of pocket, if not more.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
I don't have a problem with the punishment if it is in line with what their COC says - he knew the rules, and the punishment, signed the COC and then broke the rules. Now I agree it sounds like a harsh penalty for the act if that is all there is to it, but even if that it all there is to it - if he knew the punishment and thought it was too harsh, then don't sign the COC and go play somewhere else.

And no I don't think it would go back onto their Salary Cap. For example - I get paid a certain amount, if I spend over-budget on a particular item and my boss deems that was un-necessary and I have to pay it back, then that doesn't come off my reportable income come tax time. I know it's a slight different scenario in terms of fines, but it is the same principle - his reportable income remains the same. (though I wonder if he can claim the donation to charity on his tax)

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, I think in the past a club used an internal fine to reduce salary cap - ie, they deducted cash off their salary for the rest of the year.

NRL closed that loophole.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Rugby League week mole suggests the Broncos are keen to get rid of Clinton as they are not happy with is contributions considering he is being paid $275,000 a year...

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  • RodF
  • Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • Organix
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • broncs30
  • Financeguy
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • porouian
  • Galah
  • Hoof Hearted
... and 37 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.