Clinton got Lucky

Or perhaps the rumours are correct. They need to free up money in the cap...

Nashy said:

Surely Michael DeVere would have free'd up a a hundred or so?

Nashy said:

If that is the case fine but weakening an already weak position is not the way to go about it.

According to the Fox Sports website, he's likely to avoid sacking. I'd copy the link and what not....but I can't be arsed.

OXY-351 said:
Besides that, after the numerous incidents in the past, the majority of people on here were criticizing the club for being too soft. Now they get tough, and people on here are complaining about it. How's that work?

Yes, on the surface it would appear they are being tough on Clinton, but they have to make an example of someone at some stage and start getting tougher or else where is the detterent going to be for the players?

I suppose people are complaining about it because the incident really is a non-issue. This is not about him getting drunk, taking girls into a toilet or even an alledged rape charge. It is just about him having sex in his hotel room the night before the game. Really, it is just a knee-jerk reaction to the current events surrounding the game.

However, if Michaels got kicked out of the races for making an arse out of himself, why isn't he facing the sack? Especially as it wasn't long ago that he got himself into trouble.

Making an example out of someone just for the hell of it does nothing but disadvantage the game and its players. It deters players from coming to the club, STAYING (events like this would just push Hunt out the door I'd imagine), and annoys fans. What they should be doing is focusing on the real problems, and not just sack someone for having sex. What next, clubs are going to start telling players when they can eat, drink or have sex?

Emma said:
According to the Fox Sports website, he's likely to avoid sacking. I'd copy the link and what not....but I can't be arsed.

Brisbane Broncos forward Joel Clinton is unlikely to be sacked when he fronts the club's board of directors despite confessing to a breach of the club's strict code of conduct.

Clinton already has been stood down from football indefinitely, and a substantial fine could be the next impost after he revealed he had invited a woman into his room at the team hotel the night before the May 22 win over Wests Tigers in Sydney.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html

Emma said:
Lolz, like broncos - like broncos fan.... [icon_wink

I find it interesting how a lot of you were having a go at Bruno earlier in the year for not enforcing the club's COC, after having talked tough last year; and now you are having a go at him for enforcing it. FFS! The Code of Conduct says they are not supposed to have women even on the same floor of the hotel let alone in their rooms and if the punishment for that is missing one game, then I have no problem with Clinton missing Friday's game. I doubt he will get the sack UNLESS there is more to the story.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html

Clinton has been fined $50,000 for his small mistake ffs that seems over the top.

The problem I have with it is if you compare all the off field dramas the Broncos have had over the last year Clintons mistake was the smallest yet he has been fined the most.

I wouldn't be surprised if Clinton does start looking for somewhere else to play.. The problem will be is that Wallace and Clinton are good mates and this could create more problems for the club IMO.

I hope the Broncos come out and tell us the circumstance behind this fine. Otherwise i'll just have to assume it's for what i've read in the press.

If it is just for breaking the code of conduct i really do despair.

Kenny and Michaels got off extremely lightly in comparison.

Exactly the punishment does not fit the crime in this instance unless there is more to the story.

Seems like Clinton is paying for the Broncos Christmas Party.

Wonder if some of that fine is suspended.

A $50000 is absolutely ridiculous!! You would hope there is more to the story!! Fined the average mans yearly wage for bringing a girl to his hotel room?? The guy is 27, you would think he can do whatever he wants as long as it's not illegal!! If I were him I would definitely quit!!

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • ivanhungryjak
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Robboi_321
  • broncoscope
  • Waynesaurus
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • heartly87
  • jd87
  • K-Style
  • Big Del
  • theshed
  • johnny plath
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Alec
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.