Clinton got Lucky

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
^
Ah. Maybe so.
I think everyone generally agrees there has to be more. I'm surprised the hungry media aren't out there to scoop the dirt out.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Oh I'm sure they are lockyer47.

And to suggest they want to unload Clinton because he's not performing is ridiculous when you've got Ashton Sims and Lagi Setu absolutely woeful. Clinton's been in good form so far this year IMO.

B

bob the Smasher

QCup Player
Mar 16, 2008
Coxy said:
Oh I'm sure they are lockyer47.

And to suggest they want to unload Clinton because he's not performing is ridiculous when you've got Ashton Sims and Lagi Setu absolutely woeful. Clinton's been in good form so far this year IMO.

I agree, but they might be wanting the cap space.

Either way this reeks, really reeks.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Beads6 said:
Rugby League week mole suggests the Broncos are keen to get rid of Clinton as they are not happy with is contributions considering he is being paid $275,000 a year...

If thats what the mole is saying then then the Broncos probably want to do the complete opposite [icon_razz1

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
$275k a year seems a bit light to me anyway.

Danny Weidler...I mean the mole is clueless.

A

Argus

BRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Reading between the lines, here's how I see it.

In an effort to combat poor off field player behaviour and subsequent bad publicity the Broncos management got together with the coaching and playing staff during the off-season to develop a player code of conduct. This code was agreed to by all and implemented for the 2009 season. What happened last year is irrelevant to restrictions and penalties applied in 2009.

One of the rules implemented for 2009 went something like this...... "While on away trips no player or official shall invite or allow any unauthorised person, male or female, onto the floor of the hotel booked for the team's accommodation. Breaches of this code will result in fines of $X and/or termination of contract. The board will determine the penalty taking all evidence into account."

I applaud the Broncos for their stance. The pity is they took until 2009 to get serious.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Argus said:
Reading between the lines, here's how I see it.

In an effort to combat poor off field player behaviour and subsequent bad publicity the Broncos management got together with the coaching and playing staff during the off-season to develop a player code of conduct. This code was agreed to by all and implemented for the 2009 season. What happened last year is irrelevant to restrictions and penalties applied in 2009.

One of the rules implemented for 2009 went something like this...... "While on away trips no player or official shall invite or allow any unauthorised person, male or female, onto the floor of the hotel booked for the team's accommodation. Breaches of this code will result in fines of $X and/or termination of contract. The board will determine the penalty taking all evidence into account."

I applaud the Broncos for their stance. The pity is they took until 2009 to get serious.

That is all well and dandy and i have no arguments with that.

Why is it then that Nick Kenny and Steve Michaels can attract police attention without being fined anywhere near as much or being dropped from the team?

Something doesn't add up.

A

Argus

BRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Good point ningnangnong. I too don't understand the lack of any punishment of Kenny and Michaels. Maybe there's nothing in the CoC addressing their situation given they apparently moved on when asked to do so by the police.

K

kelsey tisdale

U18 Player
Aug 16, 2008
Word around the Broncos Leagues club (where I hang out a lot) is that the woman he had in his room was none other than Pauline Hanson, but another whisper is it was actually Schapelle Corby's mom. Either way, if any of this is true, then he should be fined 100 grand and be sacked immediately. I've also heard that Joel is a Fourex drinker, this man disgusts me.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
^ LOLOL ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Surely you've gotta be a tosser?

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Pauline is one classy lady, you won't find her in the middle of scrum in Clinton's room.

Roseleigh Rose... now I can see her...ARGGH THE MENTAL IMAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Why is it then that Nick Kenny and Steve Michaels can attract police attention without being fined anywhere near as much or being dropped from the team?

I think in Clintons the fine is based on the potential for something to go wrong. If you listen to Bruno, there is a far greater potential for something to go terribly wrong when a women is invited back to a team environment than a couple of guys pissing on a wall.

Besides that, people on here have been critizing the broncos management for being too soft regarding penalties in the past. Given they have obviously now taken a tougher stance on off field issues (assuming this started with the Clinton issue), there HAS to be a disparity between past punishments (Toilet affair, Kenny+Michaels) and current/future punishments (This 50K fine to Clinton).

If they continued on punishing players based on the severity of punishments handed to previous players, then they'd never take a tougher stance. So while 50K might seem harsh when compared to those handed to Kenny and Michaels, they needed to take a tougher stance at some stage, and unfortunately it looks like Clinton was the wrong man in the wrong place, and was the first player to incur such a hefty penatly. All we can hope is that the Broncos continue this tough stance

N

NPK

QCup Player
Mar 10, 2008
He didn't actually get lucky after all. She was in the room for 30 minutes and "nothing sexual happened". [icon_shru

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Small piece (rumour) in The Daily Telegraph today stating that the playing group is split over the decision to fine Clinton so heavily. They felt the penalty was too harsh.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
In the Rugby League magazine, Clinton thinks he is lucky.

He said in the interview he thought they were going to sack him.

And he said the rumours about him wanting to leave are wrong, he wants to stay forever.

S

Scumbag

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
Kaz said:
In the Rugby League magazine, Clinton thinks he is lucky.

He said in the interview he thought they were going to sack him.

And he said the rumours about him wanting to leave are wrong, he wants to stay forever.
That sounds a bit gay. Maybe he's the Peter Pan of the Brisbane side.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Small piece (rumour) in The Daily Telegraph today stating that the playing group is split over the decision to fine Clinton so heavily. They felt the penalty was too harsh.

I agree with the players the fine is ludicrous.. 50k for half an hour of chatting hahaha.

Unread

Active Now

• Volvo Driver
  • BroncoFan94
  • BroncosAlways
  • Justwin
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • Mr Fourex
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Behold
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.