Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Club Statement: Jaydn Su'A

broncos.com.au
Fri 28 Jun 2019, 02:31 PM

The Brisbane Broncos have released Jaydn Su’A to take up a contract with another NRL club.

The backrower played 31 games for the Broncos since making his NRL debut in 2016.

Broncos’ CEO Paul White wished the 21-year-old all the best in the future.

“Jaydn has been part of the Broncos program since he was in school and is one of a number of really talented young forwards we have coming through at the moment,” said White.

“Looking forward, this move will give Jaydn more opportunity to play football and it is the best option for him and our club.

“He’s a great young man and I speak for everyone at the Broncos in wishing his all the best both on and off the field.”

Source: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/201...4jXUCufAawV_CdzHH_Xq9ptk3uOYlwz0SCGtXslbhxoYw

Rabbitohs sign Jaydn Su’A immediately until the end of the 2021 season

South Sydney Rabbitohs
Fri 28 Jun 2019, 02:29 PM

The South Sydney Rabbitohs are excited to announce the immediate signing of international forward Jaydn Su’A until at least the end of the 2021 season today.

Su’A, who was granted a release from his playing contract at the Brisbane Broncos, will join the Rabbitohs immediately and will be available for selection for the South Sydney NRL squad in round 17 against the Sea Eagles.

Su’A, 21, has played 31 NRL games since making his first-grade debut against the Wests Tigers in round 12, 2016.

Su’A also made his international debut for Samoa in last weekend’s Pacific Test match against Papua New Guinea, was selected in the Queensland Emerging State of Origin squad for 2019, represented the Junior Kangaroos in both 2016 and 2017, as well as Queensland through the junior representative ranks at under 16s, under 18s and under 20s levels.

Rabbitohs General Manager of Football, Shane Richardson, is very happy to see South Sydney secure the services of one of the most talented young forwards in the game.

“Jaydn has been on our radar for over 12 months now and we’re excited to see him pull on the red and green jersey of South Sydney,” Mr Richardson said.

“He has had raps on him since making his NRL debut as an 18-year-old due to his strong work ethic and his tough defensive capabilities.

“He’s stepped up to the international stage now and I’m sure he will play a lot more representative football throughout his career.

Source: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...immediately-until-the-end-of-the-2021-season/

Good luck to him. For personal curiosity reasons I'd like to know what the market rate paid for him is. I'd have to think 350/375 pa ?

Genuine question but have any of our mid-season releases expressed gratitude for what we did for them and giving them the opportunity to play elsewhere? Are they all bitter?

Why couldn't they wait until the end of the season? I can't remember the last club that let go of so many players after the year started.

Why couldn't they wait until the end of the season? I can't remember the last club that let go of so many players after the year started.

According to Seibold, he said we are unable to announce the re-signings or signings of players for 2020 until we are cap compliant..

I don't know if that's true or just him telling porkies to justify releasing half the squad. It also doesn't really explain why we were able to announce the Ofahengaue re-signing prior to releasing Roberts & Su'A.

Using Seibold's justification, this is essentially what he's saying -

Seibold arrives to see the Broncos are well over the salary cap for 2020
Seibold releases Kahu, McGuire & Nikorima to become salary cap compliant for 2020
Broncos re-sign Ofahengaue (over the cap for 2020 again?)
Seibold releases Roberts, T.Boyd & Su'A to become salary cap compliant for 2020
Broncos re-sign Oates, TPJ & Lodge?

I don't think this adds up, we'll almost certainly be over the salary cap in 2020 if we re-sign those players, unless Seibold is lying, there may need to be 2-3 more players released.

I'd be surprised if we were really over the cap. I have an idea the Broncos actually employ someone to keep their books in order. Afterall, they are a business with all that that entails.

According to Seibold, he said we are unable to announce the re-signings or signings of players for 2020 until we are cap compliant..

I don't know if that's true or just him telling porkies to justify releasing half the squad. It also doesn't really explain why we were able to announce the Ofahengaue re-signing prior to releasing Roberts & Su'A.

Using Seibold's justification, this is essentially what he's saying -

Seibold arrives to see the Broncos are well over the salary cap for 2020
Seibold releases Kahu, McGuire & Nikorima to become salary cap compliant for 2020
Broncos re-sign Ofahengaue (over the cap for 2020 again?)
Seibold releases Roberts, T.Boyd & Su'A to become salary cap compliant for 2020
Broncos re-sign Oates, TPJ & Lodge?

I don't think this adds up, we'll almost certainly be over the salary cap in 2020 if we re-sign those players, unless Seibold is lying, there may need to be 2-3 more players released.

Lately we have been releasing more than we are re-signing so I don’t know why we supposedly have a problem with the cap.

If we are over the cap after all the players we’ve released and considering how inexperienced our squad is, and how little depth we have, someone really fucked up somewhere.

If we are over the cap after all the players we’ve released and considering how inexperienced our squad is, and how little depth we have, someone really fucked up somewhere.
Yeah the past coach by signing Boyd, Bird, Gillett, Macca on long term, big money deals...

Good luck to him. For personal curiosity reasons I'd like to know what the market rate paid for him is. I'd have to think 350/375 pa ?
The rumour was that Souths offered him a $1.2 million two year contract (so 600k a season)

The rumour was that Souths offered him a $1.2 million two year contract (so 600k a season)
Really ? Bit shocked that a 600k pa player couldn't get a run in a team running 13th! Mmmm, wonder how accurate that report was.

Yeah the past coach by signing Boyd, Bird, Gillett, Macca on long term, big money deals...
Didn't Seibold renew Tagatese's contract, 170k I think and then signed Fensom on 450k pa? Why did he do that if we were over the cap?I don't understand, wouldn't thosesignings have pushed us further over the cap? Perhaps he didn't know but then would that mean the Broncos didn't tell Seibold the whole story? Did they lie?

Last edited:
Really ? Bit shocked that a 600k pa player couldn't get a run in a team running 13th! Mmmm, wonder how accurate that report was.
Just because he was offered 600k from Souths, doesn't mean he is worth 600k.

Assuming the reports are accurate, which they're probably not, the same as the rest of the reports about player contract values

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • RolledOates
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.