NEWS Coach Anthony Seibold wants fresh attitude from Broncos players

Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos Talk' started by Gaz, Feb 9, 2019.

Move on. **** I wish this season would begin.

1. JAHHW

JAHHW QCup Player

Edit: Against staff directive in thread

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2019
  2. Wolfie

Wolfie NRL Captain

I always found Bennett fine. Had a great chat with him at Redcliffe last year. He just doesn't tolerate the idiots in the media mostly which puts him offside with them

GKDonkey, Dee, Foordy and 5 others like this.
  3. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

I’ve never met him but I’ve seen him connect with fans plenty. Maybe he was having a bad day.

4. Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17 QCup Player

I like the sound of this "deapth chart" spoken about in the article. I have no idea if Wayne had a similar system or its common among other clubs but the idea that where you stand in the team is written there in plain black and white for you to see really appeals to me. It visually tells you "shit O'Sullivan is up my ass i better do some extra kicking practice and really hold him at bay because he's 2nd choice halfback and i know he's been training well".

Also I'm generally not one to buy into the whole pre season new attitude, strongest ever, fastest ever rubbish because its something we've been hearing every year for the past 12 years and still no premiership. But seeing a few photo's of the guys they do look notably in good shape. Isako is one I've noticed and also a photo of big joe doing dishes and his arms are massive!

Either way the start of the season is technically only days away and its hard not to be excited purely knowing things will be different given the new coach, for better or for worse who knows?

Jedhead, Marty Deutschmann and Huge like this.
  5. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

Likewise, i went to the fan day in '17. Got photos, had a chat, he was fine.

6. Mate, your material has improved out of this world. You should be giving your script writer a raise.

7. I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon State of Origin Rep

There is a thread already for you idiots who want to whinge on about Bennett and it isn't this one. Move on, ffs.

8. bronx89

bronx89 NYC Player

Bennett is old news stop dwelling on the past!

Marty Deutschmann likes this.
  9. I bleed Maroon

I was watching our 2018 review on Fox earlier today and, **** me DEAD I had forgotten how piss poor our defence was last year. There had to have been at least 10 games where we conceded 18 points+ and still won. I dearly hope Seibold has made defence a big focus this off season.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Dee likes this.
  10. BroncsFan

BroncsFan NRL Player

When was the 2018 review on??

Looking in the TV guide and not seeing anything...

11. I bleed Maroon

It finished last night, although tbh you didn't miss much. They only went up to Round 16, omitted all our losses and even the games that were shown were slashed to half an hour highlights. Still all that game footage condensed like that drove home even further how brittle our defence was.

BroncsFan likes this.
  12. BroncsFan

BroncsFan NRL Player

Thanks mate... thought it might have been an actual show on fox and they were doing them for each team.

13. Thelmus

Thelmus QCup Player

With a bit more experience and a better effort at controlling the flow of possession, along with field position, we should be ok.

14. Jedhead

Jedhead QCup Player

I'm sure Gillo will give anyone who is found slacking a good tongue lashing. He can be a grumpy fukcer when he thinks people aren't pulling their weight.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  15. Foordy

Foordy

Damn ... if he is grumpy when they ARE pulling their weight, whats he like when they ARE NOT pulling their weight

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  16. Jedhead

Jedhead QCup Player

I don't know what you're talking about.

Porthoz, Huge and Sirlee oldman like this.
    Porthoz likes this.
  18. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

Gotta have a laugh at the end there "I don't know if Seibs has a BBQ, but I'll be making sure he comes to mine".

Porthoz likes this.