NEWS Coach Creampies: I felt it was a big step forward

You know, I really really hate to admit this but part of me would like to have Bennett back here. More than anything, he was and remains the heart and soul of the Broncos and if anyone commands the respect and admiration of players - here, at the Broncos, it is Bennett.

There, I said it. Now stone me. (Well ... um, I already am). Makes the pain more bearable.
I never wanted him to leave.

You know, I really really hate to admit this but part of me would like to have Bennett back here. More than anything, he was and remains the heart and soul of the Broncos and if anyone commands the respect and admiration of players - here, at the Broncos, it is Bennett.

There, I said it. Now stone me. (Well ... um, I already am). Makes the pain more bearable.

Anyone seen the goat? Will the goat gloat? Go for it. I can take it 😄

Last edited:
i do wonder if he'd come back as a football director or other man management role if there was substantial change in our management. Give him the chance to help rebuild our culture while looking out for the players and maybe doing a media conference or two just to remind those swine what we think of them.

Pretty sure whatever WB presented to the board, what was rejected by the board would have been better than what we have.

Never had it explained adequately, what exactly was 'untenable'.

So well put. Hats off.

Another 5c worth .... The more I think of it the more I am convinced that this entire mess is because Bennett should have remained our coach in 2019 and maybe even beyond. This of course has been well ventilated in these threads, yet it is for me now more than ever, so important. Watching that clip recently posted of Souths players dancing with Bennett brought tears to my eyes when I compared that to our dressing room.

I reckon now, admittedly in hindsight, that if he had stayed, we would be a top 4 side. Anyway, this fiasco is on the club and they are ultimately responsible for it. The way forward now is to learn from these clear mistakes or not, and if not, we will continue to decline, and I honestly don't believe that a new coach is the only answer. Certainly necessary, but not sufficient.
Everything that has happened for the last 2 years is firmly at the feet of the board and more importantly whoever it was that ordered the hit job on Bennett (I think it was Morris based on nothing more than a comment made by someone on this forum that he had some sort of beef with Bennett )... I'm not a Bennett supporter (I didn't even want him to come back in 2015), but the board had to transition his exit properly and instead they decided to double down and do it worse than 2007/08

Yes Seibold may be out of his depth, but the board pushed the issue to get him and put together a fraudulent interview process to get the one they wanted (there were rumours months before it came to a head).

Now they seem to be fucking with the CEO position (seriously ads on the internet... we should be head hunting whoever the **** we want to get... we should have someone in mind... what the **** is this board doing?!?!?)

They then went out and completely bottled the exit of Bennett... and this cannot be understated enough.

They had to know how much respect the playing group has for Bennett and the hit job that played out to get him out of the club was atrocious. They run this place like their media attention is equivalent to their share price (about 50c isn't it)... they're up there as one of the biggest sporting identities in the country and they think they can float around in the background like no one cares because CommSec never runs a story on them.

I am firmly in the boat that Bennett needed to go, but I was also in the boat that he needed to see out 2019 with a proper transition to the next regime... instead they knifed the former coach, sent his staff on gardening leave and then installed a completely new coaching group in the middle of a preseason.

The board is a fucking joke and they need to go.

Last edited:
Yeah I wanted Bennett gone and didn't want him back either but I also didn't want it to go down the way it did. Now I also think he needs to come back in a coaching director role and it would totally work with a Kevvie as head coach but it will never happen while this board remains.

Yeah I wanted Bennett gone and didn't want him back either but I also didn't want it to go down the way it did. Now I also think he needs to come back in a coaching director role and it would totally work with a Kevvie as head coach but it will never happen while this board remains.
Unfortunately the relationship between Bennett and the Broncos is beyond repairable. There's no way he ever comes back to the Broncos even with the entire board gone. I can definitely see him become a coach or the coaching director of the proposed second Brisbane team though.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the relationship between Bennett and the Broncos is beyond repairable. There's no way he ever comes back to the Broncos even with the entire board gone. I can definitely see him become a coach or the coaching director of the proposed second Brisbane team though.

Yeah it’s too far gone now. Third time won’t even be an option, let alone the charm

dont think it would work with walters either,didnt they have there issues when walters was assisting here?

This Bennett shit. What are we gonna do when the club is in the shit 15, 20 years from now. Wheel out his casket?

Move on.
Probably do a better job than Siebold is now :rofl

Bennett was part of the problem. He too thought he was bigger than the club. When he didn’t get his own way he chucked a tantrum which led to the untenable situation and his eventual sacking. He put HIS plans forward for the succession plan which were knocked back and he cracked the shits. Wasn’t he offered a senior role after his coaching contract? The club didn’t think giving Bennys puppet understudy the head role was a good idea and I would agree with that... They made the wrong choice on the coach but I don’t think anyone could have predicted how shit Seibold was going to turn out. Hopefully they get it right for next season( SOS Kevvie). **** Bennett, he was a legend in his day but he’s a bitter old Coote these days, and we need to move on.

I didn’t want him to leave but I wouldn’t want him to come back either. Ideally he’d be retiring as a coach this year and moving into a behind the scenes role but we obviously shit the bed with that. Him coming back for two years at this point wouldn’t do much.

I didn’t want him to leave but I wouldn’t want him to come back either. Ideally he’d be retiring as a coach this year and moving into a behind the scenes role but we obviously shit the bed with that. Him coming back for two years at this point wouldn’t do much.

And why do you think that?

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Rookie Alan
  • Porthoz
  • sooticus
  • broncos4life
  • Manifesto
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • broncoscope
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • armchair
  • Fatboy
  • HVbronco
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.