NEWS Coach Creampies: I felt it was a big step forward

Bennett was part of the problem. He too thought he was bigger than the club. When he didn’t get his own way he chucked a tantrum which led to the untenable situation and his eventual sacking. He put HIS plans forward for the succession plan which were knocked back and he cracked the shits. Wasn’t he offered a senior role after his coaching contract? The club didn’t think giving Bennys puppet understudy the head role was a good idea and I would agree with that... They made the wrong choice on the coach but I don’t think anyone could have predicted how shit Seibold was going to turn out. Hopefully they get it right for next season( SOS Kevvie). **** Bennett, he was a legend in his day but he’s a bitter old Coote these days, and we need to move on.
Sounds an awful lot like Darius throwing his toys out of the leadership group cot...

This whole 'leadership' group thing sounds like a bunch of shit to me, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to who gets inducted into the 'popular kids' group, sure sounds like a perfect way to create a split in the playing group to me.

This Bennett shit. What are we gonna do when the club is in the shit 15, 20 years from now. Wheel out his casket?

Move on.

This. The emabarrasment of bringing him back again, is enough for it to never happen.

This whole 'leadership' group thing sounds like a bunch of shit to me, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to who gets inducted into the 'popular kids' group, sure sounds like a perfect way to create a split in the playing group to me.
agree, leadership group smacks of new age "everyone gets a prize" mentality. leadership doesn't come from a fancy title or group. it comes from doing your job without fuss and without needing constant recognition.

I've got to say, I always kind of looked down at clubs who sacked Coaches mid season. I felt it was almost always a band aid reaction and rarely ever resulted in a good long term replacement being appointed.

That all said, I've really had to swallow my pride and concede I was wrong, because in circumstances like this, it is without question the right thing to do and in fact it would be irresponsible to allow this to continue on any longer regardless of where we are up to in the season.

agree, leadership group smacks of new age "everyone gets a prize" mentality. leadership doesn't come from a fancy title or group. it comes from doing your job without fuss and without needing constant recognition.
i don’t mind the concept of having the captains and then some potential leaders being recognised but I think there were too many people in the groups.

I've got to say, I always kind of looked down at clubs who sacked Coaches mid season. I felt it was almost always a band aid reaction and rarely ever resulted in a good long term replacement being appointed.

That all said, I've really had to swallow my pride and concede I was wrong, because in circumstances like this, it is without question the right thing to do and in fact it would be irresponsible to allow this to continue on any longer regardless of where we are up to in the season.
Yep, it's not as if the new coach is going to miraculously turn the team around overnight but they can at least use the remaining games to work out who deserves to stay and who they want to keep moving into next year. They can also use the remaining games to strip the game plan back to something simple and try and create a launching pad for next season. Our season is done and it would take a miracle for Seibold to survive and head into next year. Might as well rip the band aid off now and begin the healing.

This. The emabarrasment of bringing him back again, is enough for it to never happen.
I think his days as a Head Coach are very close to an end, be that with us or anyone else for that matter.

Under new management and with a new board and CEO, I'd have no issue with Wayne returning in some capacity in the future though, be that to assist with our football operations or in recruitment, mentoring etc.

It would be foolish (and don't get me wrong, we're plenty capable of doing foolish shit) for any organisation to let personal pride or emotion stop them from recruiting the very best people available and if Wayne was that person in some capacity in the future then there should be no reason not to bring him back into the fold.

Last edited:

Agree, however, until the fukwits and overpaid under performers are booted out, nothing will change, even with a new coach. Due to the contract situation 2021 will no better. So do we stick with Seibold until he gets the squad he wants, or do we go with Walters or Green and be having the same conversation in 12 months time.

Agree, however, until the fukwits and overpaid under performers are booted out, nothing will change, even with a new coach. Due to the contract situation 2021 will no better. So do we stick with Seibold until he gets the squad he wants, or do we go with Walters or Green and be having the same conversation in 12 months time.
I suspect if we don't move Seibold on shortly there won't be much of a squad left for 2021 or beyond that. He's overseen an absolute circus that only appears to be accelerating now, and he must be made accountable for that, though he is far from the only one to blame or the only one who should be paying for it with his job.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • broncoscope
  • Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • Swordfish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Skathen
  • BRC088
  • porouian
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • MrRobot
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • whykickamoocow
  • broncomax
  • Battler
  • Aldo
  • leon.bott
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.