Coach for a day, Name your team.

Tallis is making a fair point when he reckons we need another good big boppa into the side. Given the lack of backs, I wouldn't begrudge the club signing a good prop forward to compliment our hard workers like Hannant and Parker.

I agree. If you take away Hannant and McGuire, there's not much class coming up through the ranks. (not including Hala and J.Wallace is still a bit unknown)

Molo is going to be better than both and possibly McGuire. He just needs some luck with injury.

But, another prop like a Lama Tasi wouldn't hurt.

1: Corey Norman
2: Josh Hoffman
3: Jack Reed
4: Justin Hodges
5: Jordan Kahu
6: Scott Prince
7: Peter Wallace
8: Ben Hannant
9: Andrew McCullogh
10: Sam Thiaday
11: Alex Glenn
12: Matt Gillett
13: Corey Parker (captain)

14: Ben Hunt
15: David hala
16: David Stagg
17: Scott Anderson

Molo is going to be better than both and possibly McGuire. He just needs some luck with injury.

His brother Tasi made his Qld Cup debut last week for Ipswich. Molo has a lot more to oversome than that.

Last edited:
Aye, but he's not going to be able to overcome it sitting in the grandstands.

Coach for a day?

Looking at the rather accurate assessment posted by Pete and others, I'd say it would take years to undo what has been the basic style of play this club has been using since it was put there by ........... ?

I didn't think much of him in the U/20's SOO clash a few weeks back......

Whilst I think Molo has a lot of potential he has along way to go. He is very sus in defence. Timu is looking good in 20's he should get or deserves to get a run during the origin period. Thoughts?

I wasn't strictly speaking about NYC players, just prop forwards.

Mr. Fourex said:
I didn't think much of him in the U/20's SOO clash a few weeks back......

He had bugger all support on the night.

It's a bold statement to make, but the kid has more talent to work with than Show, Hala or Wallace and has shown more than either Hala or Wallace had at this stage. and he isn't that far off Show who I believe won't fulfill his potential due to that eye injury.

Mind you, I was never that big a fan of McGuire in the 20s, but in fairness, he only played regularly when he was 18, when he returned in 09 he was a class above.

Last edited:
Bloody Oates. Anyone else getting sick of the little running battle between 1969 and Petey?

Whilst I think Molo has a lot of potential he has along way to go. He is very sus in defence. Timu is looking good in 20's he should get or deserves to get a run during the origin period. Thoughts?

He's leaving next year to do his mission I believe. Wouldn't get much benefit out of calling him up to first grade IMO, needs to find consistensy and work on areas of his game.

Big Dave said:
Anyone else getting sick of the little running battle between 1969 and Petey?

Silence!

Haven't paid too much attention to this Dave/Pete feud.

Oates is the future.
While Oates has plenty of potential he has deficiencies. He can be brilliant with ball in hand and can hit hard but he has to be taught how to catch a football. You guys on these threads will rip him to shreds when he gets to NRL and drops half a dozen balls cold that are thrown to him every game. So far this year in the home games he has dropped ball after ball and in between produces moments of brilliance. Molo has had games very similar but not all the time.
Since the U20s started I would rate probably Oates and Whitchurch the worst I have seen for handling.
i have also spoken to a teacher from his school he told me to watch him because he is talented but qualified it with I am not sure whether he will make it because he is prone to injury. He did say maybe he is just trying to grow into his large frame.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • KateBroncos1812
  • bb_gun
  • MrMoore
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • MrRobot
  • Xzei
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • Browny
  • Thelmus
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.