OFFICIAL Cobbo Extends With Broncos Until 2025

@Organix you've motivated me to watch that movie

@Organix you've motivated me to watch that movie
Super! Hope you like it. It's pretty formulaic, but it's a formula that works. I reckon I know which character you will like the most.

Happy that we've locked him in. Raw talent but definitely rough around the edges. Cobbo had some blinders in the our 7 win streak but let's not forget the form he was in at the start of the year and now the past two games against the Storm, and NSW (whole QLD was mud tbf).

Personally would rather Oates over Cobbo in Origin. For a larger body Cobbo gets monstered coming out of our own half and often loses ground. Oates is a machine once those legs are pumping.

Cobbo is the future.

Great news for Cobbo and the club. Now watch the talk around him die off a bit.

You're wrong, accept it, move on. It's fine, you're allowed to be wrong, that's perfectly acceptable, we're all wrong. I was saying blind-sighted and it's actually blindsided, that's just part of the development of an individual but the key now is for you to accept that you were wrong.

In my time on here, you've never been wrong about anything, at least in your own mind.

He averages 100+ metres a game in the NRL, you don't average that without taking a few tough carries into the meat of the defensive line. Billy Slater basically said the thing that impressed him the most about Selwyn was the tough carries he makes, Reynolds came out and said it as recently as yesterday as well.

He kicks on 2nd tackle? he may have done that once or twice as he was being thrown into touch, that doesn't mean it's something he always does.
I've admitted being wrong several times, so you're instantly wrong. Move on.

How is his 100+ metres relevant to what I was saying? Kicks as he is being thrown into touch? lol no. He has kicked inside before being touched several times, and not just some hail mary kick inside while being tackled. And again, the kick inside isn't a bad play on tackle 4 or 5, my criticism was him doing it on tackles 1/2 and turning the ball over.

How is his 100+ metres relevant to what I was saying?
You're talking about him not taking carries in field, so basically he's making those metres on the wing, is what you're saying. He takes carries in field all the time early in the set.

He probably got bundled into touch on play 1/2 like once or twice and that's all you've got to go with, in a desperate attempt to save yourself after he had a really strong debut for QLD.

You're talking about him not taking carries in field, so basically he's making those metres on the wing, is what you're saying. He takes carries in field all the time early in the set.

He probably got bundled into touch on play 1/2 like once or twice and that's all you've got to go with, in a desperate attempt to save yourself after he had a really strong debut for QLD.
Wow. You're a special kind of stupid.

Good argument that, didn't expect anything more to be honest.

You're trying to talk about his carries in the middle, and the metres he makes down the wing.

I said he needs cut back in more instead of kicking early on sets, something I've said several times this year. I must have said this before Origin 1 as a part of this desperate ploy of mine?

I don't think you can understand or comprehend a good argument, so you shouldn't expect them.

You're trying to talk about his carries in the middle, and the metres he makes down the wing.

No, I'm not.

I was talking about him making 100+ metres, I already know he makes those metres in the middle with his tough carries, apparently though in your head he doesn't cut in field, apparently he always gets thrown into touch early in the count.

I have absolutely no doubt the coaches are telling him to back himself, no doubt. He might get thrown into touch again today, however that will make no difference on whether or not he's ready for Origin. He already proved he is, in Game 1 and in turn, proved you wrong.

I look forward to a bit more abuse, that's all you have when proven wrong.

No, I'm not.

I was talking about him making 100+ metres, I already know he makes those metres in the middle with his tough carries, apparently though in your head he doesn't cut in field, apparently he always gets thrown into touch early in the count.

I have absolutely no doubt the coaches are telling him to back himself, no doubt. He might get thrown into touch again today, however that will make no difference on whether or not he's ready for Origin. He already proved he is, in Game 1 and in turn, proved you wrong.

I look forward to a bit more abuse, that's all you have when proven wrong.
Origin 1 showed he is talented and can perform, Origin 2 showed he isn't ready for origin.

I don't recall abusing many people on here, if any. But you seem a bit precious, so you could consider anything as abuse.

He showed some pretty spectacular skills tonight in attack, terrible in defense but man, some of the stuff he pulled off was amazing.

He showed some pretty spectacular skills tonight in attack, terrible in defense but man, some of the stuff he pulled off was amazing.

Did a great job considering he doesn't train there. Can you imagine how good he will be there when he has a full pre season training there?

Definitely showed he has potential to be a fullback. Defence side is much harder to learn on the fly.

He showed great promise, very keen to see more in future.

Source: QRL
Jorja Brinums QRL lead content producer
Timestamp Sun 10 Jul 2022, 08:56 AM

Cobbo takes out Sportsperson of the Year​

Queensland Maroons young gun Selwyn Cobbo has taken out the Sportsperson of the Year Award at the NAIDOC Ball in Brisbane overnight. The event, hosted by Indigenous media organisation Triple A, saw 800 guests attend to celebrate Indigenous excellence in line with the 2022 NAIDOC theme ‘Get Up! Stand Up! Show Up!’.

The 20-year-old Cherbourg product, who made his State of Origin debut in Game I this year, was unable to attend because he is in camp preparing for the Origin decider, but Maroons legend Steve Renouf announced him as the winner. Renouf, who is from Murgon just near Cherbourg, shared with the audience the privilege of being recognised and acknowledged by the Indigenous community.

Cobbo said he was "so grateful" to be acknowledged. "Being able to make my community and family proud, is a great feeling... puts a big smile on my face," Cobbo said, adding he could not wait to rip in against New South Wales on Wednesday.

Seven award winners were recognised and celebrated at the NAIDOC Ball across multiple categories; the awards were nominated and selected by the Indigenous community.

Brisbane NAIDOC Awards​

• Elder of the Year Award - Robert (Uncle Bob) Anderson
  • Community Person of the Year Award - Aunty Jean Phillips
  • Education Award- Kiana Charlton
  • Youth Award - Kyle Bekue-Ryan
  • Sportsperson of the Year Award - Selwyn Cobbo
  • Innovation Award - Institute for Collaborative Race Research
  • Creative Arts Award - Digi Youth Arts
The National NAIDOC Awards will be held in Brisbane in 2023, bringing together Indigenous peoples from across the country.
Seven award winners were recognised and celebrated at the NAIDOC Ball across multiple categories; the awards were nominated and selected by the Indigenous community.

Brisbane NAIDOC Awards​

• Elder of the Year Award - Robert (Uncle Bob) Anderson
  • Community Person of the Year Award - Aunty Jean Phillips
  • Education Award- Kiana Charlton
  • Youth Award - Kyle Bekue-Ryan
  • Sportsperson of the Year Award - Selwyn Cobbo
  • Innovation Award - Institute for Collaborative Race Research
  • Creative Arts Award - Digi Youth Arts
The National NAIDOC Awards will be held in Brisbane in 2023, bringing together Indigenous peoples from across the country.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.