OFFICIAL Cobbo Extends With Broncos Until 2025

For the best. Some things are bigger than footy. I’d be happy for him to hit the gym and training paddock and come back next season if need be. He’s got a long career ahead.

Look he clearly wasn’t ready for origin, so therefore clearly isn’t ready for NRL either. That knock out really shows he isn’t ready for league at any level and should go away and re-think his career apparently.

Sounds like Selwyn won't be back for the Parra game either, hopefully he enjoys some time with his family and freshens up for the run home
His knockout was really bad, i seriously don't expect him back for at least a month, if not longer.

not sure how it all works but was was classed as a grade 1 as were the others , think the other concern was his neck as the impact looked to compress his neck.
guess an independent doctor would have to give the green light aswell as our medical staff in this situation , either way at least 3 weeks you'd think

not sure how it all works but was was classed as a grade 1 as were the others , think the other concern was his neck as the impact looked to compress his neck.
guess an independent doctor would have to give the green light aswell as our medical staff in this situation , either way at least 3 weeks you'd think

Yeah IO hope they err on the side of caution. We have two decent replacements in Hoeter and Pereira, so give them a shot and allow Selwyn to come back refreshed and firing.

Yeah IO hope they err on the side of caution. We have two decent replacements in Hoeter and Pereira, so give them a shot and allow Selwyn to come back refreshed and firing.
for sure and to be honest I'd prefer pereira up against sivo than cobbo after a concussion.

For the best. Some things are bigger than footy. I’d be happy for him to hit the gym and training paddock and come back next season if need be. He’s got a long career ahead.

A young fella I coached back in his U / 13 team went on to be contracted to the Storm and later the Cowboys . He got a head knock and had to retire at 18 / 19 years old . Now has epilepsy and isn`t allowed a license to drive a car .

They do cognitive and reaction base line tests pre season .
After a concussion they are tested again to see if they are operating at the same level .

Corey Parker:

“Reece Walsh is obviously a fullback at the moment, he’s got electric footwork. But I also think that Selwyn Cobbo, whilst being a different style fullback, can be very, very dangerous. There's the argument that he could go No. 6. But in my opinion Ezra Mam has a hold on that six jersey for a long period of time. That probably leaves Selwyn stuck out on the wing. If they’re happy with that and he’s happy with that, they'll probably move forward in that regard."​
“But I don’t know how much Reece was signed for but they laid out a fair investment in Selwyn and if that’s the case, it’s a pretty fair investment to pay for a winger. It’s not a bad headache to have, but I’ve got no doubt Selwyn will end up in that fullback role at some point in time moving forward. I think that’s by far his best position.”​
"I don’t think think Cobbo should play a Greg Inglis-style role in the centres, no. Just based on his want to look for the collision and work hard, he’s got all that attributes, not too dissimilar to Joseph Sua’ali’i. He’s got wonderful skill but also great work ethic to run the ball. And if he went to centre, it kind of takes away from that. He won’t get that play back run from the kick return and the like. In the same breath, they’ve got Kotoni Staggs and Herbie Farnworth, who are two very good centres anyway.”​
“There’s no doubt the Broncos have exceeded expectations from most this year. They’re in seventh spot now. They’ve got the Storm, which will be a real litmus test moving forward. They’ll need to be a lot better if they want to go further in the competition this year. That’s if they do make the top eight now. I say ‘if” because there’s still a slight possibility they won’t make it. I think they will, but they need to start with a much better performance against the Melbourne Storm. Melbourne has a style of football that has proved can beat Brisbane. It’s a real big game for Brisbane and they should be approaching it like a semi-final.”​

Cobbo is still young and learning the game, same as Walsh. You never know whats going to happen in a year or two, one might stagnate while the other takes off.

Pretty shitty from Cobbo, stinks of poor attitude considering how important this game is.

Summary of story:

Cobbo was 30 minutes late to captain's run after missing alarm. Kev held an "urgent" meeting to spray him after he took last week off for "burnout"

Other players are "bitterly disappointed" with his lack of professionalism.

Pretty shitty from Cobbo, stinks of poor attitude considering how important this game is.

Summary of story:

Cobbo was 30 minutes late to captain's run after missing alarm. Kev held an "urgent" meeting to spray him after he took last week off for "burnout"

Late to this weeks captains run?

Cobbo should been sent home when he rocked up late, because if he had a genuine reason for being late he wouldn't have copped a spray. Set some fucking standards, Kevvie. If it's not important enough to you to turn up on time, then you can sit out another week.

Summary of story:

I know some of you were defending the "poor kid" last week when he was too tired to play against the Eels.......I wasn't, I thought it was piss weak and this kinda shit only makes me think he's getting worse.

Selwyn needs a punch in the face

Aaah we’ve all been there before. Amirite? Fellas?……..Fellas?

Active Now

• theshed
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • MrTickyMcG
  • LittleDavey
  • Dash
  • Broncorob
  • ezpz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • BroncsNBundy
  • kiwi2
  • Galah
  • Redux
  • IceWorks
  • Alec
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.